The "What PS3 Game Should I Get?" Thread

mjfan97

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I played and plat'ed The Testament of Sherlock Holmes, and enjoyed it very much despite its' flaws.

I used to play a lot of games like this on the PC and Amiga, and would be curious to hear if there are more, similar games on the PS3? I know there are tons on the PC, but I want trophies as well.. :/ Thanks!

The testament of Sherlock Holmes (with (P))

Stacking

CSI: Fatal Conspiracy (with (P))

Sam & Max Beyond Time and Space

Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People

Nelson Tethers: Puzzle Agent

Jurassic Park: The Game

NCIS Game (with (P))

The Mysteries Of Little Riddle (Blue Toad Murder Files)

A bit more into the hidden object genre:

The Mystery of the Crystal Portal (no trophies)

Interpol: The Trail of Dr. Chaos

Dream Chronicles (but this must be gotten from HERE and activated on NA account)

Red Johnson's Chronicles

I could possibly find you some PS1 and PS2 games in the PS Store too, but they wouldn't have trophies.

That list is without the games the guy had already played;

The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition

Monkey Island 2 Special EditionLeChuck's Revenge

Tales of Monkey Island

Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse

Back to the Future: The Game (one version with (P) and one without)

The Walking Dead (with (P))

Ok, this is one of those rare moments where I feel like playing 3 retail games at once.

Right now i'm playing The Last of Us and Vanquish.

I want to get either God of War Ascension, Ni No Kuni, or Bioshock Infinite.

I'm having a very hard time deciding....

If you want an idea of what type of games I play, my trophy cards are below.

I am looking for the game with the most replay value and also with the highest difficulty if that helps anyone.

Edited by jaesub

Here's an interesting request. I have recently realised I love open world car games where you can just cruise around with real traffic. Even better if you can get out of the car and explore, and an added bonus if it features real cars. Here are some examples of the games I have already played:

GTA IV

NFS Series

Mafia II

The Godfather II

LA Noire

Midnight Club: LA

Burnout Paradise

Driver: San Francisco

You get the idea. Am missing any really good games like this that I haven't played?

You already covered anything I might have suggested. The old titles from the DRIVER series are some of my favourite games ever.

The suggested SLEEPING DOGS is a great game, although it might not be exactly what you're looking for in terms of the driving aspect. It's still fantastic though and there isn't a lot of choice in our genre so we need to take what we can get! :p

May I ask how THE GODFATHER II stands up to the likes of MAFIA II? I loved the latter game but I got the impression that the former was more of a shooter and that the Platinum was a little dodgy? I might be wrong of course.

May I ask how THE GODFATHER II stands up to the likes of MAFIA II? I loved the latter game but I got the impression that the former was more of a shooter and that the Platinum was a little dodgy? I might be wrong of course.

It was a while ago I played it but it was still a fairly decent game! Quite similar to Mafia II so if you like that sort of game you should enjoy this! Platinum was fairly nice too :)

Mafia II is the much better game but I still would recommend Godfather II if u go in knowing it won't be as good as Mafia II and just play the game for its own merits then it can be a really fun experience with some interesting gameplay mechanics. The (P) is easy too :)

Should I Buy the Ps3 God of war edition? The system come will all the GOD OF WAR SERIES. Or. I just. Wait. For the ps4.? The only. System I have is the. PS VITA. [ by the waylooking for some friends]. I am not sure what to do. I will like to have. A ps3 to play some games. If. THIS. GAME IS WORTH IT TO PLAY?*My psn. Is. Boricua-x

Ok, this is one of those rare moments where I feel like playing 3 retail games at once.

Right now i'm playing The Last of Us and Vanquish.

I want to get either God of War Ascension, Ni No Kuni, or Bioshock Infinite.

I'm having a very hard time deciding....

If you want an idea of what type of games I play, my trophy cards are below.

I am looking for the game with the most replay value and also with the highest difficulty if that helps anyone.

What do you really rather want to play? Hack n slash game, RPG or FPS?

Highest difficulty? BioShock Infinite with the 1999 Mode.

Lengthiest? Ni No Kuni by quite a lot.

Edited by MMDE

Is 1999 mode on par or harder than Bioshock survivor mode? If so, I think i'm gonna get it.

Both are similar in that they start off really difficult in the first few chapters, then it gets much easier once you get access to better stuff. There's a piece of Gear (like clothing you wear which gives you perks) that makes 1999 a compelte joke as you're practically invincible though.

If I was asked to pick, I'd say BioShock on Survivor was harder.

I am going for my 100th platinum. So far I have two choices...The Last of Us or Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance.

I have been hearing nothing but horror stories about The Last of Us MP and MGR looks intimidating as hell. Im not very close to platting either one. While I love both games, I can't seem to decide which one I want to tackle for the 100th plat ding. Anyone have feedback that have done either or both games?

I have done some pretty tough games in the past, its my frustration that gets the better of me and not the game itself lol

I am going for my 100th platinum. So far I have two choices...The Last of Us or Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance.

I have been hearing nothing but horror stories about The Last of Us MP and MGR looks intimidating as hell. Im not very close to platting either one. While I love both games, I can't seem to decide which one I want to tackle for the 100th plat ding. Anyone have feedback that have done either or both games?

I have done some pretty tough games in the past, its my frustration that gets the better of me and not the game itself lol

I would pick Metal Gear Rising.

I would by far pick The Last of Us, but it's really up to you.

I think it would be a better milestone to have your 100th platinum a GOTY contender like Last of Us. The only games I think that will give it a run for its money for GOTY is Bioshock and possibly GTA5.