The "What PS3 Game Should I Get?" Thread

mjfan97

Im looking for a game that is cheap (cheap as in everywhere cheap, not a discount from an certain store).

Im almost done with Fallout 3 and im looking for a new (action) game, something like Fallout or Dead Space i guess, but you can recommend anything that is not an hack n slash or 'childish', but preferable in third person. (No uncharted or tomb raider games, i hate those:rolleyes:)

Thanks ;)

TC14

You want action, you want third person, you want RPG-ish, you want dark and somewhat scary. You don't want hack n slash or "childish" (whatever that means), and neither Uncharted nor Tomb Raider.

Do you want it to be a third person shooter or an RPG? Also have you tried the new Tomb Raider or just the old ones? Did you ever finish UC1, did you see where the story ended up with, as there's a surprise at the end a person who enjoys Dead Space would very much like.

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's an interesting request. I have recently realised I love open world car games where you can just cruise around with real traffic. Even better if you can get out of the car and explore, and an added bonus if it features real cars. Here are some examples of the games I have already played:

GTA IV

NFS Series

Mafia II

The Godfather II

LA Noire

Midnight Club: LA

Burnout Paradise

Driver: San Francisco

You get the idea. Am missing any really good games like this that I haven't played?

Here's an interesting request. I have recently realised I love open world car games where you can just cruise around with real traffic. Even better if you can get out of the car and explore, and an added bonus if it features real cars. Here are some examples of the games I have already played:

GTA IV

NFS Series

Mafia II

The Godfather II

LA Noire

Burnout Paradise

You get the idea. Am missing any really good games like this that I haven't played?

Sleeping Dogs?

GTA IV

NFS Series

Mafia II

The Godfather II

LA Noire

Burnout Paradise

Saints Row: The Third?

Edited by rotoninja

Hello dudes,

I am just about to finish what I'm gonna do for the time being in MGS4. There is stuff that I'm thinking of coming back to but then again it might just be too difficult for me to get.

In any case, I have narrowed it down to 2 titles that are on the horizon for me and I wanted some advice on what to get.

The 2 games that I'm looking to play is either Metal Gear Rising or Bioshock Infinite. Now I know that not everybody likes MGR but consider that I am a gigantic fan of anything Metal Gear. As far as Bioshock goes I only ever played the first one which I loved a lot. I didn't play 2 but I heard it was solid also. Bioshock Infinite looks great to me and I just can't decide but its down to those 2.

I will of course get around to Last of Us but honestly I'm not too into playing it yet. I feel like I wanna play those 2 first.

Thanks for any advice :)

Edited by GravyMarvin

Hello dudes,

I am just about to finish what I'm gonna do for the time being in MGS4. There is stuff that I'm thinking of coming back to but then again it might just be too difficult for me to get.

In any case, I have narrowed it down to 2 titles that are on the horizon for me and I wanted some advice on what to get.

The 2 games that I'm looking to play is either Metal Gear Rising or Bioshock Infinite. Now I know that not everybody likes MGR but consider that I am a gigantic fan of anything Metal Gear. As far as Bioshock goes I only ever played the first one which I loved a lot. I didn't play 2 but I heard it was solid also. Bioshock Infinite looks great to me and I just can't decide but its down to those 2.

I will of course get around to Last of Us but honestly I'm not too into playing it yet. I feel like I wanna play those 2 first.

Thanks for any advice :)

Wait a little until they drop to a price you feel more comfortable with and perhaps get both for about the same price as you now would have paid for one.

If you choose Saints Row 3, it was just listed as free for plus members.

Ok I'm a bit confused here. I was looking at sound shapes was wondering if its a ps3 title or is it a Ps vita exclusive title? and is this game any good should i try it out? if I can get it on ps3 I will but not going to buy a vita for it.

When you purchase the PS3 version you get the Vita version for free too. They also got stacking trophy lists.

I thought it was easy trophies, but the game itself was rather meh. The DLCs are extremely easy trophies. The actual game got some death mode stuff, that's 90% about luck and 10% about skills. You need some skills and a lot of luck. Some of the challenges are 100% impossible about 80-90% of the time in my experience. It's just very cheap and boring.

If you choose Saints Row 3, it was just listed as free for plus members.

Almost all of the games mentioned has been free for PS+ at some point.

Edited by MMDE

So my 25th (P) is coming up, and I don't know which game it should be. I'm thinking of either of the following:

Final Fantasy XIII-2 (I loved the first one, and this one looks even better. Final Fantasy is also one of my favourite game series of all time.)

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (I beat the main game on my second account, but I want an excuse to beat it again and obtain the platinum trophy this time as well. It's also my favourite RPG I've played on the PS3.)

Dragon Ball Z: Budokai HD Collection (I love the platinum trophy image.)

So my 25th (P) is coming up, and I don't know which game it should be. I'm thinking of either of the following:

Final Fantasy XIII-2 (I loved the first one, and this one looks even better. Final Fantasy is also one of my favourite game series of all time.)

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (I beat the main game on my second account, but I want an excuse to beat it again and obtain the platinum trophy this time as well. It's also my favourite RPG I've played on the PS3.)

ill say ni no kuni, long plat, but its a worthy one :)

No No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch

FFXIII-2 (better than FFXIII which I thought was a mess, at least this title at it's best gave me some of the same feeling the original FF games did a lot of the time, much is fixed and it's a bit more fun to play, but it still wasn't anywhere near as good as the older games)

DBZ:B HD

FFXIII-2 (better than FFXIII which I thought was a mess, at least this title at it's best gave me some of the same feeling the original FF games did a lot of the time, much is fixed and it's a bit more fun to play, but it still wasn't anywhere near as good as the older games)

I second this.

I'm a new FF player and XIII was the first I played and absolutely loved it. For this one meh, I found it quite boring and confusing, I forced myself through the game and still had hopes to platinum it, but the ending was so bad that I took the game out of the console and never touched it again.

I second this.

I'm a new FF player and XIII was the first I played and absolutely loved it. For this one meh, I found it quite boring and confusing, I forced myself through the game and still had hopes to platinum it, but the ending was so bad that I took the game out of the console and never touched it again.

You second that I said I thought FFXIII was a mess, which it truly was, and that FFXIII-2 went ahead and fixed some of the problems FFXIII had? What ending was that? the game has a lot of endings, and you don't get the true ending before doing most of the game.