The "What PS3 Game Should I Get?" Thread

mjfan97

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it suppose to be any good and a must game to own whether if you are a Trekkie or not, or is it just worth to rent?

I must say that I would regret for not being a Star Trek fan. I might not be able to understand but I'm sure I like to give this game a try even though it got a low score rating of 3.0 out of 10 on gamespot reviews

The game has way too many glitches, and it's very broken. It's still playable, but you should avoid it as much as possible.

I'm looking for a point & click adventure game like Monkey Island, Sam & Max and the walking dead. Any suggestions? Can barely find any, so figured i'd try ask here, to see if someone know of any other good ones.

I'd recommend Back to the Future its really good from same people who brought us The Walking Dead game :) Retail version has a (P). :psn: version is episodic in form but unlike The Walking Dead it does not have a (P).

Edited by weephilymcvey

I'm looking for a point & click adventure game like Monkey Island, Sam & Max and the walking dead. Any suggestions? Can barely find any, so figured i'd try ask here, to see if someone know of any other good ones.

The testament of Sherlock Holmes (with (P))

Stacking

CSI: Fatal Conspiracy (with (P))

Sam & Max Beyond Time and Space

Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People

Nelson Tethers: Puzzle Agent

Jurassic Park: The Game

NCIS Game (with (P))

The Mysteries Of Little Riddle (Blue Toad Murder Files)

A bit more into the hidden object genre:

The Mystery of the Crystal Portal (no trophies)

Interpol: The Trail of Dr. Chaos

Dream Chronicles (but this must be gotten from [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Dream-Chronicles-Online-Game-Code/dp/B004DGJP12]HERE[/ame] and activated on NA account)

Red Johnson's Chronicles

I could possibly find you some PS1 and PS2 games in the PS Store too, but they wouldn't have trophies.

Ok I need at least 3 easy plats but the games have to be cheap so I can trade them in and not feel like wasting money. I was thinking megamind or puss in boots. But I'm not sure about puss in boots because it glitches I've heard. So I need a game that I can plat in a day at least and take it back.

Dunno if you've platted any of these:

Terminator Salvation

The Walking Dead (I believe they have it retail)

The Walking Dead Survival Instinct

NCIS

Back to the Future (Retail)

Dunno if you've platted any of these:

Terminator Salvation

The Walking Dead (I believe they have it retail)

The Walking Dead Survival Instinct

NCIS

Back to the Future (Retail)

To add that, the EU version of Get Fit with Mel B is the easiest game you'll ever platinum, just press 'X' every once in a while for 20 hours. Can't get any easier than that! I suggest you check out these threads:

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/games/93140-collected-trophy-difficulty-ratings.html

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/games/196724-project-platinum.html

Something that is all offline. No coop.

Challenging but not glitched.

Not bothered about genre

I highly recommend Demon's Souls and Dark Souls. Both has online, but not required for (P), in fact, getting some help online can reduce (P) time for Demon's Souls to like 2 and a half hour if you know what you are doing, but that won't happen the first time you get the (P). :)

Okay so if someone could please point me in the direction of a game to play next then I would be grateful! Haven't played many on this new account (check sig) but want to play more, I have played lots of games on my old account but most of those I would play again so if suggested I'm not fussed! :)

If you could check what I've played so far and maybe point me towards titles I may like, I will be happy! Currently I'm renting Heavy Rain (not started) and BF3 (arriving tomorrow). :)

Okay so if someone could please point me in the direction of a game to play next then I would be grateful! Haven't played many on this new account (check sig) but want to play more, I have played lots of games on my old account but most of those I would play again so if suggested I'm not fussed! :)

If you could check what I've played so far and maybe point me towards titles I may like, I will be happy! Currently I'm renting Heavy Rain (not started) and BF3 (arriving tomorrow). :)

Definitely get going on Heavy Rain, that is a hell of a game!

If you enjoyed KZ2, I would definitely recommend KZ3 as it is a much better game and a much more straight forward platinum if that is your thing :)

I highly recommend Demon's Souls and Dark Souls. Both has online, but not required for (P), in fact, getting some help online can reduce (P) time for Demon's Souls to like 2 and a half hour if you know what you are doing, but that won't happen the first time you get the (P). :)

I got Batman: AA and Bayonetta in the end but thanks for the suggestions I will try them out after I have done these!

Definitely get going on Heavy Rain, that is a hell of a game!

If you enjoyed KZ2, I would definitely recommend KZ3 as it is a much better game and a much more straight forward platinum if that is your thing :)

I did really enjoy KZ2, will have to get that on my rental list and then find a copy to buy! The online isn't that bad either IMO, thanks! :dance:

go for last of us coming tomorrow, while you think it, play heavy rain, its a great game. maybe if you like fps games get doom 3, nowadays its at a fair price.

also maybe get dead nation, some oldie yet goodies to plat

go for last of us coming tomorrow, while you think it, play heavy rain, its a great game. maybe if you like fps games get doom 3, nowadays its at a fair price.

also maybe get dead nation, some oldie yet goodies to plat

Got Dead Nation so will have to play that, Heavy Rain is on my to play list (after I've done some BF3) and I'm going to look up about Doom and then maybe put it on my rental list. Got Rage coming too, that's a decent game! :)