Guess The Video Game Music Quiz

Xander45

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

#4: Legend of Heroes III: Song of the Ocean. Can't find the track, though.

#17: Return to Dreamland?

#19: The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass/Spirit Tracks?

#23: Jazz Jackrabbit makes sense from the name, but I don't think it was released on NES. Hmm.

#25: It's gotta be Battletoads.

You got 4, 17 and 25. :D +3

Edited by IamWallaman

Great quiz Iam, good to see you back in action!

I've just had a quick look over the clues and I think I've got 1,

23. I know of 2 green rabbits, Jazz JackRabbit and Bucky O'Hare :p I only played Jazz on the PC and don't know if it was on the NES so I'm going with Bucky! Captain Bucky O'Hare!

EDIT: Well that serves me right for taking so long to write the message out :(

Great quiz Iam, good to see you back in action!

Gotta earn my keep. :D I may not game near as much as I did before but I still love VGM.

23. I know of 2 green rabbits, Jazz JackRabbit and Bucky O'Hare :p I only played Jazz on the PC and don't know if it was on the NES so I'm going with Bucky! Captain Bucky O'Hare!

I'd never heard of Jazz Jackrabbit until this quiz. I wonder just how many games star a green rabbit? You'd think more than one was a stretch! :p

#01: Mini Robot Wars - Level Select Screen?

#03:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQXIhUhIg1U]The Last Remnant OST - Sword Sparks - YouTube[/ame]

#05:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpSS-xcDWgo]Ether Vapor OST - OverDrive.wmv - YouTube[/ame]

#07:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bljPDxIjOek]Low G Man for NES - 03 - Boss Chapters 1 & 2 - YouTube[/ame]

#22: The Ninja Warriors?

#23:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBA2DaLlNJU]Bucky O'Hare (NES) Music - Boss Battle - YouTube[/ame]

#24:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOcEjO49EOM]Mage Gauntlet Music Part 1 - YouTube[/ame]

#25:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnNozy34pYk]Super Battletoads Arcade Music: Stage 3 - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by MMDE

#01: Mini Robot Wars - Level Select Screen?

#03:

#05:

#07:

#22: The Ninja Warriors?

#23:

#24:

#25:

There you are, MMDE! I figured you'd clear out a bunch of these.

#1 correct game, wrong theme. (this one is HARD to find) +1

#3 yup +1

#5 that's it! +2

#7 yessir +2

#22 indeed +1

#23 uhuh +1

#24 basically the same song (and right game) +2

#25 boom +1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, I have been a great VGM enthusiast for a long time and when I saw this thread, I just had to register ^^.

So, I see that the last turn/package/whatever ended quite some time ago and since no one wants to upload their quiz, can I have a go ? I pretty much have a couple of them uploaded and ready to post, only thing that's needed is Xander's blessing :p.

Hello, I have been a great VGM enthusiast for a long time and when I saw this thread, I just had to register ^^.

So, I see that the last turn/package/whatever ended quite some time ago and since no one wants to upload their quiz, can I have a go ? I pretty much have a couple of them uploaded and ready to post, only thing that's needed is Xander's blessing :p.

I would imagine it's ok, but this section of the website tends to get a lot of threads, and so since this one isn't a sticky, it gets buried under many other threads.

I'd love to see this thread up and running again, you should send a PM to Xander.

And my blessing you have :) Post one up whenever you fancy, I've been meaning to for a while but THL has been taking up most of my time :p

Alrighty then, here it is -> trixareforkids.rar - Speedy Share - upload your files here

I am aware that for the most time all of you were doing this by combining a certain ammount of snippets into one long track and uploading it on YT, but unfortunately, my computer is to old and cluttered nor do I have the time to play with audio editing programs, so - if it's OK with you folks - I'll do this the traditional way.

Also, I'm not entirely sure of the criterias for obtaining points, was it like it usually is ? (that is: 1 point ["core point"] for the title of the game, 1 point [1st bonus point] for the title of the track and 1 point [2nd bonus point] for the composer/s) If that's the case, then it's fine.

Ah yes, may I also ask how many tracks one can guess per day ? (you see, I am accustomed to packages with at least ~60-80 track, so I was always restricting the amount of tracks one can figure out to 10 or 20 every 24h, I would like to know how it's like here)

Edited by SausageBoi666

Each quiz has slightly different rules (based on the OP) but the typical offering gives one point for guessing the game and one point for naming or linking the track (on YouTube or elsewhere)

There usually isn't a limit on guesses per day. We're fortunate to have ANY guesses some days. (clues should be given liberally after a couple days)

I'll warn you though, most will shy away from the idea of downloading the quiz. You really ought to consider creating a vid if you want to get lots of participation.

I'll take a listen to yours in a bit. :)