Puzzle Hints (vague pointers, no overt solutions)

inkh

This is definitely one game where figuring out the puzzles on your own is immensely satisfying... but the road to that point can be arduous. I figured it'd be neat if people could contribute their hints for certain sections here while keeping things fairly vague.

Desert Ruin: change of perspective, light's reflection.

Castle: you'll need to rely on more senses than just sight.

...and so on. :)

Im getting fucked by the puzzles with the tetris figures. Any advice? I was breezing through every puzzle. But now I am stuck in these type of puzzles. It was like a spike in the difficulty.

If you're 100% lost, you can find the "intro" to them at the marsh area (red/blue/purple water). This area is located to the right of the castle/keep. However, this area only introduces you to the tetris piece puzzles... apparently the mechanics behind them get more complicated, so I'm not too far ahead of you on here.

Im getting fucked by the puzzles with the tetris figures. Any advice? I was breezing through every puzzle. But now I am stuck in these type of puzzles. It was like a spike in the difficulty.

Those "Tetris" puzzles are pretty tough, I have a lot of trouble with them myself. I also got stuck on a few of the shadow puzzles, the route was just completely unclear to me.

Yeah I already did the tutorial, and moved the bridge. There are more tetris puzzles (obviously), and I am stuck there. Offcourse, I can go somewhere else but I dont want to leave puzzles half assed. I want to complete the area before moving on to the next.

Its just that they are so confusing. Wish the game didnt include these puzzles :c

I just finished the Quarry puzzle & I honestly dont know how I did it! Haha.

There was a Tetris puzzle at the 2nd gate at the start to gain entry to the quarry! 25mins it took me to work it out & when I did the solution, I was positive i'd drawn that particular route out on a sketchpad!!

Fantastic game but I need 2 brains!

There was a Tetris puzzle at the 2nd gate at the start to gain entry to the quarry! 25mins it took me to work it out & when I did the solution, I was positive i'd drawn that particular route out on a sketchpad!!

I am so stuck on that second gate to the quarry. I just can't grasp it. P:

I've come to realize pretty quickly that taking breaks in this game is a must. Staring at something when I'm stumped doesn't seem to work out well for me. Usually when I come back fresh I see the solution almost immediately.

I am so stuck on that second gate to the quarry. I just can't grasp it. P:

Haha I was the same, all I could see was lines after a bit, thought I was gonna go mad!!!

I've come to realize pretty quickly that taking breaks in this game is a must. Staring at something when I'm stumped doesn't seem to work out well for me. Usually when I come back fresh I see the solution almost immediately.

Yeh its one of those games isnt it. Just maybe overthinking it & getting no where then all of a sudden like you say it becomes instantly obvious.

Good luck on the quarry. If either of you want help with it btw just PM me as to avoid spoilers for anyone. ;)

It took me a long time to understand how the tetris pieces work even after the tutorial, haha. They are painful, but the little elimination pieces are annoying as hell. You have to think about deliberately putting flaws in your solution which just drives me nuts.

This game almost requires a piece of scratch paper handy if you want to get through it without any guides.

The Bunker I think was the most fun of the puzzles I've done so far though.. well except for the fact that I solved the final part of it without knowing why it worked, but oh well. You'll need to think about different mediums for light to travel through on that one.

Those "Tetris" puzzles are pretty tough, I have a lot of trouble with them myself. I also got stuck on a few of the shadow puzzles, the route was just completely unclear to me.

I had a hell of a hard time on a couple of those shadow puzzles in Shady Trees myself. One of them in particular started to piss me off and lead to my taking a break for the night after I finished the section.

Edited by Elegy

Nice one mate, bit of helpful advice there. Is the bunker under the windmill? I solved the hexagon puzzle that opens up a screen where something happens as I found the solution near the start of the game for it & drew it out so I wouldnt forget it. My sketch pad looks like an exert from A Da Vinci book!! :D

The Tetris puzzles are brilliant when you solve them, WHEN you solve them. Its nice to know other people find these a challenge & that im not missing the obvious. ;)

Shady Trees was great until the shadows stopped being obvious!! So many screens too. Im going back there next as I only solved a few of them.

Nice one mate, bit of helpful advice there. Is the bunker under the windmill?

Shady Trees was great until the shadows stopped being obvious!! So many screens too. Im going back there next as I only solved a few of them.

Bunker is at the base of the mountain, facing the ocean. It's pretty inside. :) Fun puzzles when compared to Quarry.

Shady Trees... sheesh. I know what to do, but the paths can be ambiguous.

Nice one mate, bit of helpful advice there. Is the bunker under the windmill? I solved the hexagon puzzle that opens up a screen where something happens as I found the solution near the start of the game for it & drew it out so I wouldnt forget it. My sketch pad looks like an exert from A Da Vinci book!! :D

The Tetris puzzles are brilliant when you solve them, WHEN you solve them. Its nice to know other people find these a challenge & that im not missing the obvious. ;)

I've got a notepad as well for the game that is looking pretty esoteric the further I get into the game. I just finished up the Desert area and it was a lot more work than I thought it was going to be. The underground area is huge. The Desert is all about perspective for sure though.

The Tetris puzzles have gotten a lot easier for me since I fully understand the rules of them now, but the diagonal Tetris piece puzzles can still be pretty hard anyway. This game grows on me the more time I put into it though. When you first start and don't know any of the rules for pieces it can be a bit of a pain to get over the learning curve, but once you've got it.. you can really start thinking about what you're doing more intelligently.

Don't really need a specific solution, but this is about the building in the town with the soundproof room in the basement and the room upstairs with three differently coloured lights you can switch between.

I did solve the two puzzles up there, at least it looks like my solutions are correct and accepted by the game, however, nothing actually happened then. It looks like something would open or at least anything new would appear, but nothing.

Is this really it and I shall move on or am I missing something?

To be clear, I speak about the two puzzles [spoiler=2puzzles001]with the white/black dots left and stars right that only appear white/black because of the coloured light. You must change the light and compare how the blocks and stars look each time to solve the puzzles.

those suck and the tutorial made me think the rules were different than they are.

1) if the icon is tilted you can rotate the shape (note: rotate is not the same as reflect, you can never reflect).

2) if the icon is not tilted it has to be drawn in the same orientation as the icon.

3) the icon must be inside the shape.

4) you can combine icons into a single shape. if you do the icon does NOT need to be in its part of the final shape but must be in the line, i.e. if you have a vertical line and a horizontal line combined into an L both icons can be in the vertical part not touching the horizontal at all so long as they are in the outline.

should add that there can be multiple correct answers but like elevators sometimes you need to use an alternate correct answer to move things in the environment.

Don't really need a specific solution, but this is about the building in the town with the soundproof room in the basement and the room upstairs with three differently coloured lights you can switch between.

I did solve the two puzzles up there, at least it looks like my solutions are correct and accepted by the game, however, nothing actually happened then. It looks like something would open or at least anything new would appear, but nothing.

Is this really it and I shall move on or am I missing something?

At least you solved them. Could you help me with these 2 puzzles ? I've been trying for hours but I can't figure out how to do it. I isolated every dot or star that look different with each lights, tried it with a paper and pen and even when I'm sure the solution is correct it doesn't work :confused: I've had no problem with every other puzzle in the game but this color mess is beyond my limit. If at least we knew how many different colors are in the puzzles that'd be closer to possible but for me it's always black and white Thanks

At least you solved them. Could you help me with these 2 puzzles ? I've been trying for hours but I can't figure out how to do it. I isolated every dot or star that look different with each lights, tried it with a paper and pen and even when I'm sure the solution is correct it doesn't work :confused: I've had no problem with every other puzzle in the game but this color mess is beyond my limit. If at least we knew how many different colors are in the puzzles that'd be closer to possible but for me it's always black and white Thanks

You have to flip between R-G-B colors to map out every square and its color changes in each light to accurately determine which block is which color (I think the left one has 7 colors and the one on the right has 5). Once you've got that it is just a matter of figuring out how to draw the line... which is not easy at all since I think there is only one right way to do that. Those two puzzles are easily some of the hardest in the game.. and as far as I can tell you don't get anything for doing it beyond the satisfaction haha.

Edited by Elegy

You have to flip between R-G-B colors to map out every square and its color changes in each light to accurately determine which block is which color (I think the left one has 7 colors and the one on the right has 5).

I already did that. I drew the puzzles on a paper for each light and I can't figure out the color of the dots/stars.

I can understand that white under any light will still appear white. But a red dot under red light would be white too I guess. How am I supposed to recognize 7 colors if it's either black or white :confused: Some of the dots are black with green and blue light, but white with red light so I'd say it's red, but I'm not sure, it could be pink too maybe. This is clearly the worst puzzle in the game, I'd rather to the music box challenge again than this :mad:

Edit : Ok finally solved thanks to

. I would never have solved it without this guy, I don't even have photoshop -_- Edited by DevilDanna

You have to flip between R-G-B colors to map out every square and its color changes in each light to accurately determine which block is which color (I think the left one has 7 colors and the one on the right has 5). Once you've got that it is just a matter of figuring out how to draw the line... which is not easy at all since I think there is only one right way to do that. Those two puzzles are easily some of the hardest in the game.. and as far as I can tell you don't get anything for doing it beyond the satisfaction haha.

This pissed me off too. The one on the right was easily probably the second hardest puzzle in the game for me. Even after I figured out how to map what the puzzle really looked like, it still took me forever to find the correct solution. Then what do I get for it? Nothing! WTF? :mad:

I've been stuck on this awhile, searching the surroundings for the answer since the answers for the prior 2 were revealed in that way. I've only solved 95 panels so maybe I just haven't learned the right mechanic yet. Can anyone confirm that, or give a hint without giving the solution?

I've been stuck on this awhile, searching the surroundings for the answer since the answers for the prior 2 were revealed in that way. I've only solved 95 panels so maybe I just haven't learned the right mechanic yet. Can anyone confirm that, or give a hint without giving the solution?

it's similar to an earlier set of puzzles... i hope that isn't too spoilery for you :|