Platinum Difficulty Rating

Platinum Difficulty Rating  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Platinum Difficulty Rating

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://i.imgur.com/qh2g7UB.png

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
  5. Vote with honesty and integrity.

• 2 years later...

Voted 2. Very easy, as you can play on Casual, and apart from at the very end it's hard to die unless you do something very wrong. You can also take backup of your save when playing on Hardcore.

I guess if you really planned ahead, you could also do everything in one playthrough, although "But they are so cute!" is extremely annoying since by the end of the game, there are Igors swarming all over the place mixed with a ton of enemies, and is risky on Hardcore.

Still, really nothing challenging. Especially if playing a Ranged Hunter on Casual. Tedious to farm 50K kills, but very easy.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

A decent game, though a bit clunky in the Character menu and a bit confusing at first because the game explains jack shit to you. I'll admit, I passed on this game for a very long time because some of those trophies just sounded dreadful. They were nowhere near as bad as I assumed they'd be except for that Igor trophy (But they are so cute! (S))... good GRIEF Charlie Brown! What an obnoxious, ASSHOLE of a trophy! :mad:

I think the dude above that voted a 2 is talking out his ass. No way is this game a 2/10. You're making it sound like people can just stroll on into this game and get the platinum with ease. That dreadful Igor trophy in and of itself makes this game higher than a 2 and besides that you really do have to pay attention to some of the trophies because there's a lot going on and some of them can easily be missed. A 4-6 is much more realistic here, especially when you compare it to games that truly are a 2/10. Let me guess, you're another one of those 'elite gamer' types that thinks every game is easy, right? :dull:

The Igor trophy was a complete headache and you have to be soooo careful when going for it. The two areas that they show up in are crawling to the brim with these little fuckers. The first area they appear in, The Old Town, isn't too bad because you can just run to the story objective without firing a single shot and get the hell out of there afterwards (which I advise). However, the second area, The Gables, is an absolute BITCH! You're stuck on a rooftop with next to no space to maneuver and Igors (along with 50 trillion other enemies) are EVERYWHERE! My advise: run through the first area they show up in (The Old Town) straight to the objective and don't fire a single shot. When you get to The Gables back up your save! You're at the end of the game at this point so I'd rather play a few sections over again than a completely new game. Speaking of backing up your save...

When you get to the end of the Orichalcum Mines (very early on in Chapter 1) again, back up your save because you're about to fight the Drillworm boss and the two associated trophies (story-related Worm Slayer (B) and missable Who needs machines when you've got SWAG! (S)) both glitched on me and it took 3 save reloads from my usb and a game deletion/redownload to get these trophies to unlock. These two trophy glitches are a known issue. Source: https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/51934-worm-slayer-and-swag-trophy-bugged/#comment-1955853.

A 5/10 is what I'm going with here, the Igor trophy playing a big part in this rating. The following link is a walkthrough/guide that I found to be very, very useful and I highly recommend it: http://www.gamebanshee.com/vanhelsing/

Edited by TacoNinja