Slamma

Rate the Platinum Difficulty  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the Platinum Difficulty

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://i.imgur.com/qh2g7UB.png

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
  5. Vote with honesty and integrity.

• 8 months later...

I only have the boring grind of getting 250 hero levels for the platinum. I'm voting a 3. The two difficulty related trophies are not all that hard. Especially if you do easier missions with a high power level that's capped below your power level on challenge III. Several are also really easy to 5 star on challenge IV without anyone going down. Drop zones are easiest now that they patched it so Harm tutorials no longer work. Everything else is easy but grindy.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
snake2410 said:
I only have the boring grind of getting 250 hero levels for the platinum. I'm voting a 3. The two difficulty related trophies are not all that hard. Especially if you do easier missions with a high power level that's capped below your power level on challenge III. Several are also really easy to 5 star on challenge IV without anyone going down. Drop zones are easiest now that they patched it so Harm tutorials no longer work. Everything else is easy but grindy.

Heeey what’s up snake2410? You helped me platinum Bulletstorm back on the PS3 (formerly Lipcancerchimp). I’ll never forget it.

Anyway, platinum was rather easy. I just randomly got a popped trophy for Back In Business. My total hero level is 154, but I leveled up Thor way beyond 50 so I wonder if that counted quietly in the background. The hive grind was the worst as it’s not my go to mission type and I didn’t want to exclusively grind it. 1 to 2 times daily. 2/10 for having fun.

Edited by King David
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I voted 4/10. The war zones have been patched so it’s no longer possible to play them at challenge level 3 or 4 if you have a higher power level than the war zone cap. That means you do need to complete 30 level 3 war zones whereby the enemies have a +5 power level advantage and one level 4 war zone where the enemies have a +10 power level advantage. Whilst this isn’t super hard it could prove difficult for the casual player. I personally found the most difficult challenge to be Harm Training Room Challenge 5. That took a good few attempts. 

The campaign is straight forward enough and most of the post game side mission chains are ok too. The campaign is definitely the most enjoyable part of the game. 

The one thing that let the game down was the to the dark and back again trophy. That involved completing 50 hives. You only do 7 hives as part of the mission chains so that meant having to grind out another 43. Even a basic hive takes 20-25 mins so if you allow for loading times then you can do 2 per hour. 43 hives took me over 20 hrs. It’s crazy to think that one needless trophy added over 20 hrs to the plat time. 

I played solo so didn’t have any issues with any of the trophies. In fact the back in business trophy actually popped when I hit a combined hero level of 200 which was 50 levels earlier than it should have. For once a trophy glitched in a good way. A lot of people have spoke about the hive trophy not popping but this was fine for me. I rotated between the “let the games begin” hive, the forest hive and the desert hive to keep things semi interesting. I played on all different difficulty levels and I used all 6 of the original heroes. You don’t need to play all hives with the same character nor do you need to play them all on the same difficulty level. One point worth noting is that if you play a hive on challenge level 3 then it also counts towards the 30 level 3 war zones trophy so you can kill 2 birds with one stone. 

In summary the campaign and side missions are good fun but you will only earn the platinum if you are truly committed and can stomach a real grind. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...