Rate the trophy difficulty...  

165 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_7.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 7.09

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Puzzler
Updated rating and links.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking an 8/10. Time trials and coliseum were pretty tough. I beat it on easy and it was tough in some areas on easy. Played a little bit on hard and there are a lot of differences.

I'm waiting to vote til I play Very hard but so far my vote is an 8/10.

And wow this game requires A LOT of play throughs. You need to beat it on hard to unlock very hard. SO that is 2 right there. Then you have to play through multiple times collecting gadget parts to unlock gadgets and crystals to unlock each for form of knack. There are like 5 or 6 forms. Each one requires like 15 to 20 crystals to create. So now we are at 2 difficulty play throughs, then let's say 3 play throughs for collecting the collectibles, then once for every form, that is like 11 or 12 play throughs. Im also thinking that vampire knack will be pretty tough. It doesnt tell you what happens when you play with him yet but the trophy says there is a cost. So I am thinking you have to keep killing enemies to stay alive.

Edit:

Ok it wont be quite as bad as I was describing. I thought you had to beat the game with each form. But it seems like its just small sections.

Edited by osakamitsu

I'm one of the first to post about this game. I started my first playthrough on Hard and it wasn't a walk in the park. i died multiple times and the boss at the end is a bit of a pain. This game is not easy on the harder difficulty. The good thing is you can start at your checkpoints that you pass so that helps a bit. I wouldn't give this game a low review score or low platinum rating. Once I'm done with Hard I'll post again. I hope there is not a trophy for beating the game on Very Hard thats going to be a huge pain.

Yeah let's say it requires 8 play throughs. Well I took my time playing through on easy and it took me about 10 hours. That's 80+ hours and that doesnt count the time attack and coliseum.

2 for hard and very hard, 1 or 2 more for relic/cleanup, 5 for different forms.

edit:

Ok it wont be quite as bad as I was describing. I thought you had to beat the game with each form. But it seems like its just small sections.

Edited by osakamitsu

It took me 5 playthroughs to finish the game. 4 on Hard and 1 on Very Hard. Of course, I didn't have friends chest items to choose from on my first 3 playthroughs. The do this task with this Knack trophies are simple to get and don't require a full playthrough. Use chapter select and knock those knack trophies out on easy difficulty.

PSN: gpgpgp22

Looks like it will take me 4 play throughs but it is possible to do in 2, but I suggest 3. I played it twice on easy. One was unnecessary cause I was trying to get crystals. With the diamond farming method you don't need to keep playing through the game. I suggest playing through on easy so it is easier to farm the gadgets and diamonds. Then play hard with diamond knack and then very hard with diamond knack. From there use chapter select to clean up the rest of the trophies.

The 7 diamonds I needed took me roughly 5 hours to farm and both the coliseum and time trials both took me 4-5 hours combined as well (with normal knack). I haven't played very hard yet so I won't vote yet but I am now thinking it is more of a 7/10 and 40-50+hours.

Edited by osakamitsu

I'm gonna give it a 7 only because now I know you can play Hard and Very Hard with Diamond Knack lol. The way I did it, it'd be worth an 8 in difficulty (playing Very Hard with normal Knack was crazy).

Everything else is fairly easy, but time-consuming. Especially the diamond relic farming. That took quite a while for me.

Finally got the plat! Wow, I quite enjoyed aspects of the game... but getting the platinum was a bit of a grind. I wouldn't call it hard - just time consuming.

I "only" had to do 3 playthroughs: 1 on hard (where I missed one damn treasure chest), another on hard (to get the treasure chest trophy), then the run on ultra hard.

I *highly* recommend getting diamond knack by the end of your second playthrough (I got 6 or so diamonds legit, and had to farm the rest at various points during my second playthrough). After that, do all the time trials/challenges with diamond knack and all of your completed gadgets, and *then* do the very hard mode run. Once you start very hard, all your gadgets will disappear (although I didn't look to see if you can load them back in).

In any case, diamond knack is a boss. If they didn't allow the use of diamond knack for the very hard run, then platinum would be significantly harder. As it is now though, I would only rate it a 5... maybe 6. Not too bad at all.

I gave it a 6. Its a fairly straight forward plat however it can be time consuming. Some of the checkpoint positions are annoying and it slowly become a bit of a grind for me as it got repetitive quickly.

The diamond farming is also a pain, i was fortunate enough to get them fast but still is a pain and shouldn't have to be done.

Diamond knack is a must for very hard makes it extremely easy.

Finally got my plat!!! Gave it a 5.

3 play throughs 2 hard 1 very hard with diamond knack.

was a fun game but it did have its moments where I wanted to rage quit because of the crappy checkpoints an one hit kills . Still not the most difficult game ive played and once you get a grove going its really not that hard. Challengs wer fun. Im just glad its over with. I hated the random treasures horrible idea. Diamond farming was the worst so time consuming but that shouldn't raise the difficulty of the plat.

went with a 6, there isant to much that is hard about this game as the moves available are quite simple and easy to remember. it took me 3 and a bit play throughs to plat, 1 on very hard, 2 and up to chapter 5-4 for a 3rd play through on hard taking me a total of 31H:38M:45S some parts are very frustrating because the game is so simple but some of the simple things wont work first time round.

If you manage to read this before you start

this was how i suggest you play which is an improved version of what i did

I advise you start on hard and use that as your main save for collecting all your diamonds and gadgets

Step One

Find the boosting thread for adding friends so you can choose what items you get from what they have found

Step Two

Just go though and enjoy the story for your first play though finding as many hidden rooms as possible and try get the gadgets first as it will make later play throughs easier but if you find a diamond or emerald relic that a friend has found go for that instead as they are hard to find on your own

Step Three

Once you have done your first play though you should have most of the gadgets and you should be able to "speed run" through hard again skipping cut scenes and making sure you find all secret rooms (some wont come up on your hidden room gadget so make sure you scope the areas your in). Your second play through is where you would be finding most of your gem relics and with friends you can choose from you should find your self ending up with 40 odd ruby relics as a lot of people have.

Step Four

If you need to squeeze in another play though then start one and play until you have what you need for all the collectables you shouldn't end up as going as far in as i did but i only found friend sharing after my 2nd play through.

Step Five

This is where i suggest you do all time attack and colosseum challenges and all the relic specific trophies, after just over 2 play throughs its nice to have change.

Step Six

Do your very hard play though as Diamond Knack, i found this easier then hard because i had diamond knack and flew through it with ease. enemies can become harder to predict and are faster but after 2 play throughs you can handle things at a slightly faster pace.

After all this you should have 1 more Plat to add to your collection.

I voted 7, but it's probably 6.5. It's definitely easier than Demon's Souls, and somewhat harder than Uncharted: Drake's Fortune. Farming diamonds took time invested, all in Hard mode, which is above average for a hard game. I found noncombat areas of Very Hard mode more of a pain than the combat. And 13-4 was the worst, but managed to save four sunstone batteries for 13-5, which made it really quick.

What makes this game really tough is returning to basic little Knack at the start of each chapter, where even little enemies (birds and bugs) deliver one hit kills.

Finally got my Plat last night. I'd give this game a 5 on difficulty and an 8 on time consuming. No part of the game was ever super difficult, but grinding Diamond knack was brutally tedious. I farmed normal playthroughs for 34 hours to get Diamond, and then hard/very hard were a breeze.

Gave it a 5/10.

~40 hours for platinum.

Takes a while to figure out the attack patterns of enemies. Especially on hard difficulty this is crucial. Once you've done that, things start getting easier and you don't die that often anymore.

On hard and very hard you often die in one hit, even with diamond Knack. After a couple of playthroughs you will know when to use super moves. If you waste your sunstone energy on small enemy groups, you are gonna have a hard time when the real fights start.

I don't like how objects are obtained randomly. I only got 1 out of 10 diamonds in two playthroughs. Ended up doing a third playthrough just to farm the diamonds. Getting all trophies took me 5 playthroughs in total (3 x easy, 1 x hard, 1 x very hard).

You need a bit of luck, dedication and skill for this platinum trophy.