• 21-25 Hours
    • 26-35 Hours
    • 36-50 Hours
    • 51-75 Hours
    • 76-100 Hours
    • 100+ Hours

9uNRreI.png 

Voting Guidelines

1. Voted time should be based on your own personal time spent working towards 100%.
  2. Do not vote based on "fastest possible run", but rather your own experience in playing the game.
  3. Voted time should be in-game time spent, from first starting game to achieving 100%.
  4. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  5. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  6. Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Viper

• 3 months later...

Voted 76-100 as my final time was exactly 90 hours. A lot of that was idling or on Pause typing up stuff, so by following a guide from the start you can probably get it down to 60.

52 hours was my first playthrough doing absolutely everything and watching all cutscenes, then I did about 4 hours of grinding some Materia for Hard and doing the dress trophy, then the Hard playthrough was about 25-30 hours skipping everything.

Finished in 64 hours, but that included a lot of time replaying Hard Mode bosses to try and perfect each fight. Not much extra grinding is needed to reach max level if you do all the side-quests on your Normal playthrough.

91 Hours on file for me, however I took my time with the game well beyond what was needed, including maxing every single materia. I voted 51-75 hours because any normal person not obsessed with the game will get it done in about 65 to 75 hours :)

So much for "I'll never finish Hard Mode!" :p

Congrats!

So much for "I'll never finish Hard Mode!" :p

Congrats!

Yep, for the first time in a very long time I can say that I really enjoyed the hard difficulty of a game. At some point after getting slaughtered on CH8-9 Normal mode, I got gud. Having all MAX Materia helped tremendously, as well as the Gotterdammerung.

75-100. You'd have to really rush to do this in under 75h, but that would be asinine. Took me about 105h, but I did practically everything blind and took my time looking in every nook and cranny on my first playthrough, getting almost everything you could get. This took about 60h. Cleanup took about 20h, which included grinding for a couple hours in Chapter 16 (279 AP per run, which was maybe 7min, not sure if there's better). Hard mode took about 20h with the Gottenburg (accessory from the superboss, which was obtained in cleanup). Keep in mind that I took my time and did more than the plat requires, such as Assessing every enemy and redoing some Hard quests for manuscripts.

95 hours as thats exactly what my playing time read on my profile. What an ultimate lengthy game to play during this UK lockdown! Killed a few weeks on it indeed! If you think it's long on your first run on Classic/Easy/Normal...well when you do your second hard run you will then see just how really long the game is, so yeah for the plat you gotta have alot of time to spare but with the global coronavirus epidemic at the moment shutting the world down there is no better time than now to attempt something like this. Fantastic game.

79:08 here. I still took my time on hard and enjoyed many of the cutscenes again. I also did not use Gotterdammerung and wanted to truly get through it all on my own. Amazing game, probably my favorite this gen next to Nier Automata.

• 2 weeks later...

While it did take me 112 hours to platinum, I also didn't skip any cutscenes on hard mode and also went back and got the 2 resolutions that I was missing, maxed out all my materia, and all the manuscripts you miss in chapter 9 on hard by choosing one path or another for sidequests.

I voted 76 - 100 hours.

60:12 according to my timer, skipping most cutscenes on my hard playthrough. I originally intended to watch them all with japanese voices second time around, but just found myself bored going through a second time so didn't bother in the end. I wasted a few hours grinding that I didn't need to and had to do some extra playthroughs of the longer chapters because I missed stuff, so sub 55 is definitely possible if you know what you're doing.

The guide is great, but my personal recommendation is to not max out the MP/HP/Magic Ups when you're grinding AP. You really won't be struggling for that extra 20% at any time during the game and that final level takes an extra few hours. Plus they'll max out during your hard playthrough anyway. Just grind until you have them level 4 & have maxed your Revival materia & Elemental (only need 1 but a maxed fire armour elemental makes Pride and Joy rather easy because Ifrit can't damage you and just heals you...). Should only take about 2 hours total using the chapter 16 method with Fire-Magnify.

About 32 hours 100% first playthrough; 4 hours grinding; about 10 doing the second playthrough of chapters 3, 8, 9 as well as finishing off Colosseum & VR challenges including Pride and Joy, and 10-15 for hard playthrough.

87.5 hrs for me. I played on normal difficulty on myself, spending lot of time watching every cutscene, exploring what i can and listening to NPCs etc.

In Hardmode i used YT Videos (Casual Player/Benny) for a few Boss Fights.

i think you can beat the game/platinum in about 50hrs if you skip everything and use guides from the start, but wouldnt recommend that ^^

My platinum time was 101 hours and 19 minutes....but, sometimes I left the game on pause for a bit and I did about 3-4 hours of grinding to max out materia. I voted 76-100 hours.

I know others won't do the grinding and such, so it's totally possible to complete this within the 75-80 hour window. Some of it is skill-dependent, too.