Easiest way to get Benevolent Leader (needs DLC)

jvaferreira

Saw this on psnprofiles forum and thought it could help. All credit goes to Mur-cie-lago.

For this method you will need 2 DLCs: Automatron and Wasteland Workshop.

The post is on the quote but you can see the original post here, if you like.

This is a method to get 100% happiness from a settlement that doesn't require any perks spent in charisma or intelligence or using any human settlers. I have tested on 2 of my characters and works everytime for me.

1) Find a settlement that is empty (very important or it wont work), no settlers, sitting at it's normal 50% happiness level.

2) Gather the materials needed to make 5 cat cages, 1 small generator, 1 robot workshop and 1 bare bones robot (hardest part as you will have to look for softshell mirelurk meat for cat cages)

3) Make 5 cat cages and sleep for 3-4 days.

4) Wake up and release the cats.

5) Make robot workshop and 1 robot.

6) Once you exit the robot workshop go into settlement workshop mode your happiness level will have instantly jumped from 50% to 100%.

7) Profit.

This requires no human settlers, a few materials and no investments into perks you don't want. You also don't have to waste your time hanging around settlement watching the happiness level crawl up.

The trophy may take about 30-60 mins top, for me personally I did some BoS quests to pass the time and it popped when Elder Maxson was on his soapbox.

Update: Attempted it today and it worked. But you need to do it exaclty as the guide says. The first time I built the cages, the robot workshop and the robot all at the same time and it didn't work. When I built the robot after releasing the cats it worked.

Edited by jvaferreira
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
Worked for me following exactly what you said. I had to make two small generators to power them all though. Thanks

I followed the steps and it did indeed go straight to 100 from 50 when I released the cats and built the robot, but still the trophy never popped. Was there anything else I needed to do like move another settler to it or something?

I followed the steps and it did indeed go straight to 100 from 50 when I released the cats and built the robot, but still the trophy never popped. Was there anything else I needed to do like move another settler to it or something?

The trophy state you need 100% happyness in a LARGE settlement. You need to build so the green bar to the right of the happyness rating turn yellow.

Edited by BobPage
Typo

The trophy description is very wrong, because the settlement size doesn't matter in the slightest.

As i wrote, the size is determed by the bar to the right of the happyness rating. It has to be yellow for the trophy to pop. I got mine at the Red Rocket near Sanctuary.

As i wrote, the size is determined by the bar to the right of the happiness rating. It has to be yellow for the trophy to pop. I got mine at the Red Rocket near Sanctuary.

In that case, Bethesda must have changed something because my Settlement was nowhere near that full when I got the trophy 3 years ago :think:.

Edited by Terminator

• 2 months later...

I did not try this method, but for anyone who may need Benevolent Leader, I just got the trophy by assigning 2 settlers, 1 tier 3 med shop, 1 mutfruit tree, 1 standard turret with regular generator and 1 standard water along with 2 beds at the Red Rocket hold. The happiness was increasing incrementally as time went by. It took about 5-6 hours in real time until happiness went from 50 to 100% for me. Hope this helps. You must also have cap collecter 2 as well as leader 2 for perks.

Edited by Negraru96

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Thanks very much for sharing this - it worked perfectly. The Softshell Mirelurk meat was indeed a bit time-consuming to find, but not a grind at all. If you're just taking your time and doing a lot of exploring you'll get the 10 pieces after awhile.

Such a relief to get this trophy out of the way, as I heard so many things about how much of a pain it was.

Edited by drfk168

• 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I'm still trying for this one. Just got Spectacle Island and put 2 ppl on it from other settlements. Planted 2 food and got one to work on it. Added a basic turret for defense. Added a level 3 food and drink shop and assigned the other settler to it. Didn't connect supply line yet. We'll see what happens.

• 4 months later...