How old are you?  

154 members have voted

1. 1. How old are you?

• Below 8 years old
    • 8-14 years old
    • 15-19 years old
    • 20+ years old

Please vote on how old you are.

I was an avid CoD player until MW3. I've ended up quitting because that game was so bad in my opinion. I've also noticed a decrease in interest in the series from people around my age (15+) and I feel that CoD will now be ruled by the younger generation of 8-12 year olds.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25. No one below 18 should be playing this. It's horrific.

That's a bit of a multiplayer stereotype.

I agree, some people underage cannot handle these games, with excessive cursing and childish behavior. Even many people above the age of eighteen act like that.

But for some, who are much more mature for their age, that wouldn't apply.

I myself am seventeen and in my 4 years on ps3 have never acted in or condoned that behavior.

So again, it's more whether you're a mature person, or just want to act 5 your whole life.

That's a bit of a multiplayer stereotype.

I agree, some people underage cannot handle these games, with excessive cursing and childish behavior. Even many people above the age of eighteen act like that.

But for some, who are much more mature for their age, that wouldn't apply.

I myself am seventeen and in my 4 years on ps3 have never acted in or condoned that behavior.

So again, it's more whether you're a mature person, or just want to act 5 your whole life.

I didn't mean for the multiplayer, I meant for the violence in general. some of the set-piece knife kills in the campaign are way too over the top for kids to see.

I didn't mean for the multiplayer, I meant for the violence in general. some of the set-piece knife kills in the campaign are way too over the top for kids to see.

Even so, generalizing it to 'under 18' is a bit much. Maybe 12 or 13, yes but it's not like they haven't seen or aren't going to see it anywhere else.

And personally, I don't think the violence really effects anyone. The ESRB and older audiances are worried it could condone those activities, but I find that bullshit.

I'm 15 and have been playing COD for a few years now. *gasp*

No video game has ever effected me in a negative way or disturbed because I believe I am mature enough to distinguish between reality and a game. For the same reason of maturity I don't swear at random people in game because it is a stupid thing to do, unlike some gamers even younger than me.

While at Gamestop today the manager told the mother of a young boy she brought in "Just wanted you to know that this is an extremely violent game, rated M for mature and is not usually something you would want to buy for a young person". Her reply was "Yes, I know, that's ok". :D