Our GRID 2 Trophy List is a GO!
Written Monday, March 25, 2013 By Richard WalkerView author's profile
It's been a pretty long journey, but here at last is our GRID 2 trophy list, alive and kicking for your viewing pleasure. It was back in November that we first announced our unprecedented collaboration with Codemasters to create the trophy list for GRID 2, and in that time we've scratched our heads bloody formulating ideas, and had many a heated discussion and long meeting in an effort to create the best possible list.
The final list includes 50 trophies, drawing upon a multitude of movie references, popular cultural references and other stuff to make for a list that is hopefully both challenging and amusing, among other things. And yes, of course there will be a Platinum.
And so here, without further ado is PS3T and Codemasters' GRID 2 trophy list, in all its full and unadulterated glory. Enjoy:
- Here's My Number, Call Me Maybe? - You returned Callahan's call and became his poster boy for the World Series of Racing.
- That New Showroom Smell - Having wowed the crowds in America, it's time to upgrade your digs.
- Oriental Express - Look out Asia, here we come.
- Going Global - The WSR goes from regional to global thanks to your impressive form.
- Even Balboa Had a Montage - The WSR is so big now that it's even getting montages on TV. You've made it to the big time!
- The World's Greatest - Congratulations, you have become the ultimate WSR champion. What an investment!
- T3XT M3SSAG1NG I5 GR8 - Thanks to you, the WSR is now the talk of the town.
- Internet Famous - The message boards are alight with the talk of the WSR's increasing popularity.
- Clubbed to Death - That's it, folks. The club format is behind you, it's all about the leagues now. Good luck!
- Toca Juniors No More - You got your first taste of a Super Touring Car and never looked back.
- Imma Let You Finish - You amassed more fans than Taylor Swift has Twitter followers. That's 23.5 million, by the way.
- Touge Fast, Touge Furious - You shutout an opponent in a career Touge event.
- C-C-C-Combo Maker - You reached the maximum multiplier in an Overtake event.
- All Night Long - Take part in and complete an online Endurance race.
- Pinball Wizard - You traded paint with every competitor during one offline race and still won the race.
- Mo Money, No Problems - You've gone above and beyond the call of duty and completed 5 career sponsor objectives.
- Vanishing Point - You've won a race in a white Dodge Challenger but lived to tell the tale, unlike Kowalski.
- Rocket Manski - You've driven faster than a Russian torpedo, which incidentally is 230 mph.
- Sellout - You've got one thing on your mind, money, and completed 20 career sponsor objectives.
- One For The Team - You've completed an individual Global Challenge goal and ultimately helped the community.
- A Different Class - You've upgraded a car and bumped it to 'Upgraded' class.
- Ring Master - You finished 5 seconds ahead of the target time in a Vehicle Challenge on the Red Bull Ring.
- Tokyo Drift - You scored 30,000 drift points in Okutama in a Mazda RX-7 TYPE RZ or a NISMO R34T-R Z-TUNE.
- Shaken, Not Stirred - You rolled a car at least 7 times and landed on its wheels, just like Bond did.
- Keep Your Friends Close... - ... and your enemies even closer, by becoming friends with an online rival.
- You rOCDed! - You finished first in every career event, during season play and/or via the timeline.
- Dipping Your Toes - Reach level 10 online and open up a new world of possibilities.
- Social Butterfly - Take part in an online playlist and stick around for at least 5 races.
- Sideways Shenanigans - You performed a 100m drift.
- Could It Be Magic? - You beat all of the Club Prestige drivers.
- Master Racer - You won a race on the hardest difficulty without using Flashbacks.
- Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger - You won a race in an upgraded car.
- A Vision of What's to Come - You won a Career Promo Event.
- Beginner's Luck - You set the fastest time on the first lap of a Time Attack event.
- Remember Me? - You lapped a competitor.
- Eat It! - You won the first round of a Touge event using the 5 second rule.
- Making My Way Down Town - You've driven more than 1,000 miles (1,610km).
- Pedal to the Medal - You won a race without using the brakes.
- SWAGtastic! - You beat the target time in a Vehicle Challenge.
- Global Domination - You won a week of Global Challenge.
- California Dreaming - You completed California Big Sur in under 4 minutes.
- Jack of All Trades - You've competed in all race types.
- Natural Ability - You beat an upgraded car with a stock car in an online race.
- The Artist - You've created 5 custom livery designs.
- Quantum Leap - You repeated an event using the Timeline.
- Gone in 60 Seconds - You completed a lap of Chicago Riverside driving the Ford Mustang Mach 1 in less than 60 seconds.
- Harlem Globeshaker - You raced at every city and track at least once.
- Drifting Like a Boss - You've scored 5,000 points in a single drift.
- Flawless Victory - You've won an Overtake event making no contact with anything.
- Winging It - You've won a LiveRoute event.
GRID 2 is out on May 28th in North America and May 31st in Europe. Keep an eye out for more video coverage soon!