Mass Effect 3: Resurgence Map Pack Adding New Multiplayer Maps and Classes
Written Friday, April 06, 2012 By Richard WalkerView author's profile
EA and BioWare aren't just planning to release the free Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut DLC this summer, but next week will also see the arrival of some fresh multiplayer content with the Mass Effect 3: Resurgence multiplayer map pack, that's also free.
The pack bundles two new maps, some new weapons and six new powerful character classes to unlock, including the introduction of the previously leaked Geth and Batarian characters. Here's the details:
- Two New Action-Packed Maps – Take the battle to Firebase Condor, a warzone outpost located on one of Palaven's moons and Firebase Hydra, an old abandoned quarian colony which has since been converted into a critical power facility. Each map represents a crucial asset in the overall fight against the Reapers.
- Six Powerful New Unlockable Characters – Assume the role of new characters for each class, including the Asari Justicar Adept, Krogan Battlemaster Vanguard and characters from new playable races with the Batarian Soldier, Batarian Sentinel, Geth Engineer and Geth Infiltrator.
- Lethal New Weapons – Obliterate wave after wave of enemies by unlocking the Striker Assault Rifle, Kishock Harpoon Gun and Geth Plasma SMG.
- New Consumables – Cash in your credits to purchase reinforcement packs that could include the following new consumables:
- Strength Enhancer – Applies a melee damage boost for one mission
- Targeting VI – Applies a headshot damage bonus for one mission
- Stabilization Module – Stabilizes weapons while firing and moving for one mission
- Shield Power Cells – Shortens the length of time shields take to begin recharging for one mission
The Mass Effect 3: Resurgence Map Pack will be releasing on April 10th in North America and April 11th in Europe for free, helping you to gain more Galactic Readiness towards your war effort. Check out the screens and trailer below.