Test Drive Unlimited 2 Patch Awaiting Approval
Written Wednesday, February 23, 2011 By Richard WalkerView author's profile
Atari and Eden Games have issued a thank-you to the Test Drive Unlimited 2 community for the "continued support and feedback", which has helped the developer identify a number of issues in the game that will be rectified in a forthcoming patch.
"We really appreciate your patience in this matter and we would like to announce that we will be making the first premium DLC for the game free for everybody as a way of saying thank you," reads a statement from Atari and Eden.
This premium DLC will be the 'Exploration Pack', which introduces new wrecks to be discovered in order to unlock the Lancia Stratos version Rallye and 1969 Dodge Charger. The update meanwhile, will incorporate a range of fixes for both the full game of TDU2 and the somewhat buggy Casino Online DLC, following approval from Sony.
Here's a list of the issues that will be fixed in the patch once it's passed by SCE:
- Logging into the game has been improved
- Once into the game the online network experience is now much more stable in all areas
- Save games no longer corrupt
- Existing corrupted save games will be repaired in many cases
- Friends lists are now populated
- Invites now work correctly
- Clubs have been brought back online
- Exploits to gain money have been fixed
- Casino access has been improved
- Players will no longer lose money because of the Casino bug
"The team spends a great deal of time looking at community feedback, so please keep posting your comments to the official TDU2 forums and we look forward to seeing you in Ibiza", the statement concludes. Look out for the TDU2 patch in the near future.