This trophy can be a pain. The best way of obtaining this trophy is to start in a public/private match with 6 people you know or with a total of 6 randoms. You don’t have to end with 6, Just start with six people/Members. People tend to quit right after they lose and Rockstar knows that, so they only want you to start off with six. When you start the game and have 6 of friends at the table, 4 of them can leave and go to another room if they don't want to stay.
Also, the game tends to freeze with the maximum amount of people at the end of the poker game so that is why I advise you to start with six and have 3 or 4 people quit, then go ahead and start letting those big blinds raise to maximum.
Wise Words For Boosters: Fold, fold, fold. When the big blinds are at max, the player not going for the trophy folds until the game is over and the player going for the trophy wins. Please use the boosting thread, if you plan to boost this trophy: http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/red-dead-redemption/48652-trophy-boosting-thread.html
This trophy can be done in a private match with friends. You have a daily allowance of 200 dollars; if you earn more than 200 in a day, it will not reset your total back to 200. Getting to maximum blinds takes about 25-30 minutes and varies on where you play poker at (see list below). Thanks TheNukes & Blessorship
Macfarlanes Ranch: - $10 buy in - Big blinds max out at 64.
Armadillo: -$25 buy in - Big blinds max out at 192
Theives Landing: -$25 buy in - Big blinds max out at 192
Casa Madrugada: -$50 buy in - Big blinds max out at 320
Beechers Hope: - $100 buy in - Big blinds max out at 640
Blackwater: -$100 buy in - Big blinds max out at 640
Here are the possible card combinations (from best to worse)
- Royal Flush: 10, Jack, Queen, King and Ace of the same suit.
- Straight Flush: A Straight with Ex: one 6, one 7, one 8, one 9 and one 10
- Four of a Kind: Four cards with the same number. Ex: four 6’s
- Full House: Combination of “Three of a Kind” and “Pair”. Ex: three 4’s and two 9’s
- Flush: Five cards. Ex: Five cards with the “spades” suit.
- Straight: Five cards in successively order. Ex: one 3, one 4, one 5, one 6 and one 7 or one A, one 2, one 3, one 4, and one 5
- Three of a Kind: Have three cards with the same number. Ex: three 7’s.
- Two Pairs: Have two pair combinations. Ex: two 9’s and two Kings.
- Pair: Have two cards with the same number. Ex: two 6’s.
- High Cards: No combination, the high card is your card with highest number. Ex: one Ace.
With this you should be able to understand Poker and get the trophy without losing too many chips. I recommend folding if the first four cards thrown at the table are bad and don't make a good hand. Don’t bet too high or your opponents will fold. As said it doesn't matter if the other players quit, all you have to do is start off with six.
Here is a great video on how to player Poker in Red Dead Redemption. Thanks 3TGaming.