This trophy is not cumulative across multiple games so you must defeat 100 thugs in a single game. There are 3 mini-games that allow you to defeat thugs and get your count up to 100:
METHOD 1: Shooting thugs with crossbow mini game:
- Hit the Left Ramp enough times for the sign on top of it to light 'Moon Crossbow'.
- You can tell the Crossbow side mission is enabled because a little blue Crossbow icon will start flashing in front of the Right Orbit.
- At that point hit the Right Orbit to start the crossbow mini-game.
- The goal is to hit 3 thugs, before the time runs out. You aim with your flippers and shoot with the launch button.
- You get 10 seconds per hit and each successful hit resets the clock.
METHOD 2: Rough Customers Dot Matrix Display (DMD) boxing mini game:
This is one of the 3 Side Missions, accessible via Cycle Hole:
- Rough Customers (left triangle light)
- Respected Citizen (middle rectangle light)
- Silent Pursuit (right triangle light) <- not needed for any letters, avoid activating it
The first thing you need to do is enable the Cycle Hole missions, by hitting the Right Ramp a few times to switch the sign on top of it to Cycle Hole. You only need to do this once, once Cycle Hole is enabled, it will remain that way for the rest of the game. You know that the cycle hole is enabled, because one of the lights in front of it will be lit. The lit light indicates selected Cycle Hole Mission. You can switch the selected mission by hitting the Right Ramp enough times to switch the sign to Cycle Hole again or by having the ball hit the slingshots on above the flippers.
- To start the Rough Customers mission you need to sink 3 balls into Cycle Hole, making sure that when you sink the 3rd ball, Rough Customers mission light is lit.
- You will be taken to close view of the dot matrix.
- The goal is to hit thugs with the right flipper, and block their hits with the left flipper.
METHOD 3: Shooting thugs in the Moon mini play field game:
NOTE: This would be the preferred method as it gives you the opportunity to take out the most thugs (15-18) each time you play it.
Shoot the left orbit to get your ball to the upper right flipper. Use the upper right flipper to hit the Moon Ramp with 2 times, then you will be taken to a Mini-Playfield inside the moon itself. On this mini-playfield you need to hit all the thug targets which are rotating round the Moon. This has 5 Levels to it, after each Level is complete the ball is returned to the main playfield and you will need to repeat the above to gain access to the Mini-Playfield to gain access to another level. Each level adds more thugs to take out.
Here is StOrMtRoOpErMx19 earning the trophy: