Rate the trophy difficulty...  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_8.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 8.07

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Xander45

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Diffculty is 2.. the only problem is dance online with 100 people and the reason being is Zumba only sold 10copies..lol

Its true! The only person I know who has the platinum is a player named FearlessKnight. He's #1 in the world for zumba online (ps3) with 65 plus hours. Mind you, that doesn't count the time he spent waiting in an empty lobby hoping another player who he hadn't played with yet would show up!

To give you an idea of how few people play this game - I haven't even completed 20 online workouts (join 10, host 10) and I'm already in the top 30 for PS3 players around the world. LOL!

Yeah, this game deserves a 10 for the amount of networking you have to do to boost 100 different people.

Its true! The only person I know who has the platinum is a player named FearlessKnight. He's #1 in the world for zumba online (ps3) with 65 plus hours. Mind you, that doesn't count the time he spent waiting in an empty lobby hoping another player who he hadn't played with yet would show up!

To give you an idea of how few people play this game - I haven't even completed 20 online workouts (join 10, host 10) and I'm already in the top 30 for PS3 players around the world. LOL!

Yeah, this game deserves a 10 for the amount of networking you have to do to boost 100 different people.

I get the impression that maybe a lot of games were sold, but to girlfriends of gamers - and also the general public doesn't give a damn about platinums.

It doesn't deserve a 10, as difficulty is based on skill. So far as I know, you only need one boosting partner who's willing to dance 100 workouts with you.

• 2 weeks later...
I get the impression that maybe a lot of games were sold, but to girlfriends of gamers - and also the general public doesn't give a damn about platinums.

True re: gamer's girlfriends, and the general public doesn't care about trophies.

So far as I know, you only need one boosting partner who's willing to dance 100 workouts with you.

This is incorrect. A PS3 console can only have a maximum of 64 unique users created on it (ever). Unless two boosters own two consoles each, they are required to dance with multiple partners online. Besides, who wants to create 64 different user emails and PSN accounts?

It doesn't deserve a 10, as difficulty is based on skill.

Per your gamercard you haven't played it, so I can understand your skepticism.

But I think your definition of (skill = difficulty) is too narrow. Difficulty is not based strictly on skill. If it was, I would agree with you that Zumba does not deserve 10. The motion tracking in this game is horrible - if you wish to cheat, skill is not even an issue. You could sit in a chair, waving your arm with the move controller, and it will tell you, "Great job! Way to move those hips! You're learning fast!" while you earn Zumba points. You could even tie your Move controller to an overhead fan, for that matter.

That being said, to earn the trophies and actually meet with 100 different people, complete at least one 20-minute workout every day for 30 consecutive days, dance 100 workouts, 30 single routines and three 60-minute Zumbathon classes is quite an accomplishment. This platinum takes more dedication, communication, planning and patience than most games I have played.

As a former couch-bound FPS gamer, I once based difficulty strictly on boss-beating, button-mashing skill. But this game is challenging in three areas other games don't touch: physical coordination, cardiovascular endurance, and social networking. If you're actually doing the dances, coordinating schedules across multiple time zones/continents, and sweating your brains out following Beto and Gina - yeah, it's a 10. This is a lot of work - not just repetitive thumb-twiddling (a la Call of Duty), but true sweat-inducing physical exertion. I've never lost this many calories playing a game, never sweated this hard playing a game... and rarely had this much fun in a game.

Perhaps to "hard-core" FPS gamers that doesn't matter, but having been on both sides of the fence (FPS and now this), I believe this platinum will be one of the most difficult platinums to obtain in the history of the PS3. Anyone who says otherwise has most likely not played the game as it was intended to be played for any length of time. Actually doing a 45-minute workout with all routines, no breaks, in lock-step with the instructor, is very hard. Completing a 60-minute Zumbathon on Expert... 95-98% of the gamers on PSN couldn't do it, myself included. I have to pause and take breaks.

As difficulty rating is based what it takes to EARN game trophies vs. what it takes to BOOST, GLITCH, or CHEAT game trophies, I am staying with a 10. I hope to see you on the dance floor!:applause:

Edited by poetic_justice_

• 8 months later...

I was looking over the trophies and thinking... how the heck will I find 100 people to do this with???? I do have 2 ps3 consoles due to a 320gb upgrade purchase. I do NOT want to make 50 accounts on each!! That would also mean I would need 2 copies of the game. BAH!

Platinum may not be easily attainable, but at least the actual game is worth it. I bought the game to stay fit, for the workout.. not the trophies. I will admit, I AM a trophy whore and love my trophies, but I think this game was sold intentionally to get people off their butts and accomplish good health. Trophies come second IMO.

Oh, and if you have the game, feel free to add me and message me if you want to work out. I just got the game, so I suck really bad, but I'm willing to help anyone obtain that precious platinum :dance: PSN= ambino79

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I was just watching this because of the alphabet letters I'm only missing Platinums on 7 of them XD And Z is one, but I guess I'll pass on this, maybe I'll wait for Zap'em all XD or something named like that. Or Zaints row the fourth XD What? Those guys from the row don't care about ortography I bet. (neither do I, it seems)

• 8 years later...

1/10

As amusing as the various 10/10 difficulty ratings are, this is quite possibly the easiest Move plat in existence for the sheer fact that you can get all of the trophies that require movement with about an hour or less of mindless controller waggling on Easy, after which you can just idle every workout for the rest of the plat. There's some tedium involved with having to play against 100 different people, but there's no actual difficulty in doing that seeing as damn near anyone could create 100 accounts given the time to do so (which admittedly isn't as much as you'd think; account creation goes pretty quick on the PlayStation website), and that's assuming you don't either split the pain with one or more people (which you have to do if you don't have a second PS3 to self-boost with) or otherwise have at least some alts on hand already.

EDIT: Also just realized I took the average difficulty for this game below 8. God, this game is overrated. :rofl:

EDIT2: Occurred to me that with the semi-recent changes to logging in on PS3/Vita (namely requiring 2FA and the randomly-generated device password that goes with it), the account creation part is gonna be a fair bit more annoying. Not so much for dealing with the 2FA since you can just slap the same phone number on every alt, but have fun typing in all of the device passwords without a USB keyboard (as if typing in 100 email addresses didn't necessitate one enough). This also greatly reduces your chances of finding already-made alts, meaning you will almost certainly have to make the 100 alts yourself. Doesn't really affect the difficulty at all so the 1/10 still stands, but it definitely makes things more tedious, especially if you were banking on using already-made alts to lessen the amount of accounts you'd have to make.

Edited by Walt the Dog