Addicted to Zumba! Trophy Host-Only Glitch Explained

poetic_justice_

As most of you reading this are already aware, the following three descriptions are 100% inaccurate.

Net Workout

Dance Online with 20 Different People

Zumbafied!

Dance Online with 50 Different People

Addicted to Zumba!

Dance Online with 100 Different People

After much trial and error - mostly error – the following working descriptions have come to light:

Net Workout

Host Online Workouts or Routines with 44 Different People and Complete Them Together

Zumbafied!

Host Online Workouts or Routines with 74 Different People and Complete Them Together

Addicted to Zumba!

Host Online Workouts or Routines with 124 Different People and Complete Them Together

There are three things you must know if you are to successfully earn the online trophies for this game:

1. THE TROPHY COUNT IS GLITCHED BY 24. On Playstation 3, you must host/dance with 24 players more than the trophy number listed, and these dancers will only count when following the specific conditions described below are met.

2. YOU MUST BE THE HOST. It does not matter if you are dancing with other players and they finish the round with you (which is what I previously thought). If you are not the host, your dance will have counted for nothing (other than your good health).

3. THE OTHER DANCER MUST FINISH THE ROUTINE/WORKOUT WITH YOU AND APPEAR ON THE SUMMARY SCREEN. YOU MUST PRESS :cross: TO SAVE THIS TO YOUR ZUMBA DATA. It is not enough to dance with someone else; they must be present with you at the end of the routine or workout. In addition, once their name appears with yours on the summary screen, you must press :cross: to save this collaboration to your Zumba Save Data. If you do not press :cross:, the game will not save and that dancer will not be added to your total count. While 99.9% of us press :cross: just to Continue out of the summary screen, I must state that the Zumbafied! Trophy did not pop for me until after I had exited the summary screen with my 74th hosted dancer.

*4. EU AND NORTH AMERICAN PLAYERS HAVE SEPARATE SERVERS AND CANNOT PLAY TOGETHER ONLINE. You can only boost/play with people on your continent. Please state if you are located in EU or North America in the boosting thread. Yes, all three of you. I mean it! ;)

WHAT THIS MEANS FOR YOU

If you and one friend are boosting, you cannot dance 124 times and each get the Addicted to Zumba! trophy. You must each host 124 times. Without help from randoms or third parties, each of you would utilize 124 different IDs for the other person, which brings the total to 248 routines (124 as host + 124 routines as an alt ID for partner).

The shortest routine is Don’t Stop (02:38 minutes). If you already have alt IDs generated, inputting them into your console can take roughly 5-7 minutes. If you add Zumba game load time (since you must start and create an in-game identity for each of the 124 alts), this requires another 4 minutes. So every new Zumba identity will require 12-15 minutes – and that is if you have the alt PSN IDs already generated.

A group of us has created some alternate PSN IDs with Yahoo! Email addresses. You can find that information here, so you don’t have to start from scratch: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?hl=en&hl=en&key=0AnKH0AjSBhWndHVjM24yWEdIUXBTSTV6bXpTa0ZZSkE&output=html

124 alts divided by 4-5 alts/hour = 30 hours of boosting for one person to obtain the trophy, 60 hours for two people. The online leaderboards reflect this.

THE STORY BEHIND THE “HOST-ONLY” COUNT DISCOVERY

TrinKitty and Skippycue were in disagreement in previous threads about the number of unique dancers required for the Addicted to Zumba! Trophy (Dance Online with 100 Different People). Trinkitty stated she earned the trophy at 161 dancers; Skippycue claimed the correct count was 124 and Trinkitty had miscounted. However, FearlessKnight, the first player to earn the trophy, informed me it took him over 160 dancers to obtain the trophy, a number almost identical to Trin’s. It made no sense for any of these people to lie; why were their numbers so different?

The answer rests in Majesco’s unstated hosting clause. Both FearlessKnight and Trinkitty obtained their trophies through online workouts with strangers. A number of routines and workouts were initiated by randoms; Trin and Fearless joined the routines, but were not the hosts. Consequently, those 40 or so routines added nothing to Fearless and Trin’s Zumba dancer trophy count. Their end total broke down like this (100 different users (hosted)+ 24 user glitch (hosted) + [40 different users (unhosted)]).

Skippycue, on the other hand, had two PS3s. Using Qriocity, he created multiple alternate PSN IDs. On his primary console he used his main PSN ID to create and host matches. Skippycue never joined a match started by a random; all his routines occurred while he was host. As such, every alt dancer that “worked out” with him added to his total, giving him a “pure” number of 124 (100 different users (hosted)+ the 24 user glitch (hosted)).

My own Zumba journey collaborates this (and yes, after 1.5 years and 120+ workouts, this trophy marathon merits the term ‘journey’). I uncovered Majesco’s unspoken hosting clause the hard way while boosting with Deadman197 and Zhiurie.

Deadman197 and I were almost exactly even in our dancer count when we began boosting together, approximately 50+ dancers each. Deadman began our boosting session by hosting 20 routines. He got the Zumbafied trophy; I received nothing. The three of us shifted the boost, and Zhiurie became the new host. Zhiurie ran approximately 35 routines. Zhiurie, who had been 30 dancers behind me when we started, also obtained the Zumbafied trophy. Again, I got nothing. I was frustrated to the point of tears. I had danced with 112 different dancers at this point. Why was the Zumbafied! Trophy not popping?

Discouraged, I left the session. Over the next two weeks I dabbled with Zumba online, hosting a few routines with randoms. Still, no trophy pinged.

Concerned my data had become corrupted, I compared notes with Zhiurie and Deadman197. We began to suspect the trophies were host-dependent, but could not confirm it. I had been keeping notes on an Excel worksheet, recording only completed workouts with specific dancers. At that point, I separated my data into matches I had hosted and those I had not. When I compared hosted dancer count to unhosted dancer count, a trend became clear. Of the 112 dancers I had finished with, almost 70 of them had been in matches hosted by other players.

At this point, Zhiurie was gracious enough to let me host 20 matches. The Zumbafied! trophy (Dance Online with 50 Different People) popped on my 74th hosted match, exactly 30 hosted matches after Net Workout (Dance Online with 20 Different People). At that moment, I had danced with 123 separate dancers, almost enough for the Addicted to Zumba! Trophy. However, because I wasn’t the host, many of those matches did not count, and so I am only at the halfway point.

You don’t have to labor under the same misunderstanding I did. Host the matches, finish the matches, save summaries and get your trophies. Much success to you!

Edited by poetic_justice_

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Are there that many randoms online?

It must've taken a lot of work to find this out. Good Work!

No, there are not that many randoms online. The randoms I encountered were over a 1.5 year period.

Zhurie had access to a friend's PS3 with multiple Singstar alts on it. That's how we finally figured the trophies were host dependent.

This developer, Majesco, makes horrible games. Another of their titles, BloodRayne: Betrayal, is also very hard to complete 100%. See the statistics here:

PSN Trophy Leaders | BloodRayne:Betrayal