About the Save Issue...

What save issue? I platinumed just fine and had no issues with saves getting ruined.

Pretty much how it went down is after beating the game you would have to keep a Clear Save with you, otherwise you can miss out on a few trophies. The game doesn't have a system file that remembers you clearing the game and will forget if you quit the game. If the game doesn't remember you clearing the game you won't be in New Game + which gives access to one EX-Mission Icon and the Versus Icons. If you're not in New Game + you'll need to load your clear save before loading your current save to be in New Game +. If you don't have a Clear Save you can't access the EX Missions to earn the nEXt Mission or Retro Runner trophy either.

• 1 month later...

i will finish my first run shortly and just want to make sure i get this right.

as long as i keep my clear save file, i´ll be fine right? what i don´t get is the load your clear save first and then the other. won´t i be back at the title screen again if i want to load another save file since i have to quit the game under the option menu?

so if i quit or turn off my console during my second run i will ALWAYS have to reload the clear file first, or is it okay to start where i left since i have the clear file already on my hard drive untouched?

• 6 months later...

I'm guessing the clear save acts as an unlock code, so to speak... Take psn games for example. When you get some of them, they are in 2 pieces, demo and unlock. The clear save acts as the unlock. Without it, the demo remains just that. So loading the clear save will place you back at main, with the game remembering you beat it once, granting access to everything else.

I'm guessing the clear save acts as an unlock code, so to speak... Take psn games for example. When you get some of them, they are in 2 pieces, demo and unlock. The clear save acts as the unlock. Without it, the demo remains just that. So loading the clear save will place you back at main, with the game remembering you beat it once, granting access to everything else.

That's actually a really good way to put it. Just remember you have to activate the unlock code (I.E. Load the clear save) whenever you start the game up.

• 3 weeks later...
Pretty much how it went down is after beating the game you would have to keep a Clear Save with you, otherwise you can miss out on a few trophies. The game doesn't have a system file that remembers you clearing the game and will forget if you quit the game. If the game doesn't remember you clearing the game you won't be in New Game + which gives access to one EX-Mission Icon and the Versus Icons. If you're not in New Game + you'll need to load your clear save before loading your current save to be in New Game +. If you don't have a Clear Save you can't access the EX Missions to earn the nEXt Mission or Retro Runner trophy either.

That was carried over from the PS2 release. You had to reload your clear data to access anything extra on it back then too. It was in the original design so its really not a bug. If I remember right it even says it in the official guide from way back then.

i will finish my first run shortly and just want to make sure i get this right.

as long as i keep my clear save file, i´ll be fine right? what i don´t get is the load your clear save first and then the other. won´t i be back at the title screen again if i want to load another save file since i have to quit the game under the option menu?

so if i quit or turn off my console during my second run i will ALWAYS have to reload the clear file first, or is it okay to start where i left since i have the clear file already on my hard drive untouched?

When you load the clear file it kicks you back to the main menu, from there just load whatever save you want to use the NG+ stuff on and you're good to go. Even if its a save from your first playthrough it'll still think of the game as NG+. That's how I got all the NG+ exclusive unlocks to platinum it without having to replay the whole game. Basically just loading the clear file makes the game think everything is in NG+. And as long as you don't turn your system off or exit to the XMB after loading the clear file it will still be active.

Edited by snake2410