Rescue Mission Questions

muskilh

I have a couple of questions...

The first is specifically about rescue mission 2: I'm pretty sure I did a good job with the Tempest boss battle in terms of preserving the buildings, but is there any way to check how many buildings were destroyed? I'm worried it just wasn't good enough and I've been wasting my time

My second, and more important, question is about grinding in Factory 1 while a rescue mission is available. I was trying to do rescue mission 2 but wasn't able to get it under 12% so I decided to grind a bit in Factory 1 in order to kill the enemies quicker. After about an hour of grinding, I went back to Rescue Mission 2 and most of the buildings were already destroyed! Is this actually a mechanic? You can't spend any time grinding on another map while a rescue mission is available? I overwrote my save file during the grinding... am I going to have to restart now?

Edited by muskilh

• 3 weeks later...

I found the answers to these in case anyone's curious

but is there any way to check how many buildings were destroyed?

Sort of - When heading towards a map there's an icon showing a bunch of people. These will be greyed out if they're already dead as you enter the map. That's as much as I could figure out, I don't know about while you're in the map doing the mission though.

Is this actually a mechanic? You can't spend any time grinding on another map while a rescue mission is available? I overwrote my save file during the grinding... am I going to have to restart now?

Yes it is; Yes I had to restart. If you do anything else while a rescue mission is available, you'll start off with buildings destroyed. See previous answer in this post for more info.