Rate the trophy difficulty...  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_5.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 4.77

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Xander45

• 4 weeks later...

I voted a 3.

At first I was finding this game unforgiving with it's difficulty. I later found out it's best to level up your mecha at the beginning of the game before continuing. That made a huge difference and made everything easier. It's the rescue mission trophies that are most difficult, but definitely doable.

Besides the terrible voice acting (sometimes it was so bad it was good for a laugh), the game was entertaining and fun to play. I find it has a lot of similarities to the Gundam stories and Evangelion characters.

• 2 months later...

I voted 4. Never played them before but this game was mostly easy considering it was my first time playing ZoE on Normal just to enjoy it first. Hard mode wasn't that bad either. Bosses were too predictable and easy I guess. Still great game.

I got the platinum in 1 day between yesterday and today. I finished it the first time around 6 hours and around 3 hours on Hard getting what I needed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have only just started playing this game so I won't rate it yet but I want to give a warning to other new players: you can not invert the camera controls!. For me this is causing the game to be way more difficult than it should be. I understand trying to keep the original experience but this is complete torture for my brain!

• 3 weeks later...

I gave it a 3. I didn't do the single playthrough as the guide says as I was too much of a scaredy-cat to do the rescue missions on hard. I did my first playthrough on normal, just having fun with the game - which succeeded, this game was a lot of fun :D.

My second playthrough was on hard, just to get an A rank. I only got 3 A's in rescue missions on this, one B and one C on missions 2 and 3 respectively. So it seems you don't need 5/5 or 4/5 A's to get an A ranking on hard. My third and final (half) playthrough was on easy. I did all of the rescue missions first try. By leaving the melee opponents alive in rescue mission 2 while I went and killed all the ranged opponents, I only had 3.3% damage to the area when I finished it.

Overall a pretty easy but really enjoyable game, gonna start the second one soon which I heard was better so I can't wait :D.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

First I thought I'd give it a 5, was getting frustrated trying get an A rank on mission 1 & 2 right from the get go, then I said fuck it since I saw Clungepumper's post that you didn't need it for valedictorian. Wanted to hit my head when I saw you did need an A rank on all 5, but maybe it was a blessing in disguise. Cause gotten used to the rescue missions, and being back in the groove made it easy as hell on my second playthrough. So I'll give it a 4/10.

And glad I finally got the platinum of one of my favorite games of the PS2.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Voted 4/10. I found some of the end-game fights a lot harder than people around here. But on the flip side of that, only the first two rescue missions are hard -- the last three are basically freebies, which is strange.