So what's all this framerate lag talk about?

reck

Does this make the game unplayable like the Silent Hill HD collection? Any info would be nice, I never played these games back when they came out and as a loyal Kojima fan I really want to pick up this collection. Any info you can give me on whether or not this is a good HD port or not would be helpful.

I'm playing the 2nd game now. I'm not having any framerate problems outside of the training VR thing and after the 2nd boss in the cut-scene and during the 3rd boss.

It doesn't render the game unplayable by any means.

Of course I did do something else before starting the game, I went into the video setting on the PS3 and unchecked the 1080p option and have it set for just 720P (or i forgot which one) and I'm having little to no framerate problems during the game besides the above sections..

Edited by Qu1ck57r1k3

I'm playing the 2nd game now. I'm not having any framerate problems outside of the training VR thing and after the 2nd boss in the cut-scene and during the 3rd boss.

It doesn't render the game unplayable by any means.

Of course I did do something else before starting the game, I went into the video setting on the PS3 and unchecked the 1080p option and have it set for just 720P (or i forgot which one) and I'm having little to no framerate problems during the game besides the above sections..

So you would recommend picking up the collection then? The Metal Gear Collection was good and I feel since Kojima's name is on this that his level of quality would be as well, but after the Silent Hill collection I am cautious of any HD collection that comes out now.

If you've never played the ZoE games, then yes its a buy. Of course I have yet to get far into the game so there may be more framerate lag near the end.

Thank you, there seems to be a lack of reviews about the collection. Plus, I would rather take the word of a fan on this forum instead of some publication. I'll be picking this up soon.

Thank you, there seems to be a lack of reviews about the collection. Plus, I would rather take the word of a fan on this forum instead of some publication. I'll be picking this up soon.

no problem, there was some frame rate lag that was noticeable in the first game but it was for only one boss fight.

Just from my quick play through past the fight with Ardjet, there is a very noticeable frame rate drop, like down to the 40-30 range. It wasn't so bad fighting the Raptors and mosquitoes, but the actual fight with Ardjet felt like playing through molasses. Watching the Game trailers review it looks about the same for the fight with Nephtis as well.

It's not unplayable, but it certainly doesn't run anywhere near as well as the original.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
I haven't had any problem with framerate...

Some notice it more then others. I personally didn't notice it myself even having played the originals but its been a while since I played them. They are going to release a patch in the near future that pretty much consists of a complete recoding done directly by Kojima Productions in order to fix much, if not all, of the framerate problems. No release window has been announced for it though.

• 9 months later...