Achievements list.

DPatriot

I loved these games but the rescue missions were really poorly designed, particularly in ZOE1. All it takes is a single stray bullet to land on buildings a few times and youre out of luck. Cuz one bullet is all it takes do demolish the whole thing. Apparently theyre made of glass. And one of those areas you had to fight a boss in just a few minutes prior who was making the area his own personal holocaust zone. The ones on ZOE2 just expect you to be everywhere at once though

Framed will be the most tricky in ZOE1 pack. But Silent Assassin might be as well.

The good rescuer and the great rescuer will be the most difficulty in ZOE 2. Frame Collector might also be trouble as I think you have to defeat all the VR missions to unlock the last one.

Looking at one of the faqs for ZoE2 it looks like you unlock most of the other frames by beating the game once, and you unlock the rest during a second playthrough by going to secret areas and beating them, doesn't look like any unlock from finishing the EX missions. Thats a relief, didn't want to have to do those EX missions. They were pretty tough, especially the one where you had to fight all the bosses with only one health bar.

I loved these games but the rescue missions were really poorly designed, particularly in ZOE1. All it takes is a single stray bullet to land on buildings a few times and youre out of luck. Cuz one bullet is all it takes do demolish the whole thing. Apparently theyre made of glass. And one of those areas you had to fight a boss in just a few minutes prior who was making the area his own personal holocaust zone. The ones on ZOE2 just expect you to be everywhere at once though

Got the best ranks on them in ZoE1, don't think I ever tried in ZoE2. ZoE1 wasn't too bad if you lured the enemies using projectiles and got them over the river and then get them into melee mode to prevent them from firing, if i remeber right anyways.

Edited by snake2410

... Got the best ranks on them in ZoE1, don't think I ever tried in ZoE2. ZoE1 wasn't too bad if you lured the enemies using projectiles and got them over the river and then get them into melee mode to prevent them from firing, if i remeber right anyways.

The hard part in ZoE 1 was that you had to fight Tempest in what would later become an SOS mission site and any damage given during the Tempest fight would be factored into your SOS ranking. So you had to be damn careful during the boss fight way before you even rescue anyone.

The hard part in ZoE 1 was that you had to fight Tempest in what would later become an SOS mission site and any damage given during the Tempest fight would be factored into your SOS ranking. So you had to be damn careful during the boss fight way before you even rescue anyone.

yeah those 2 will be the hardest in part 1, IMHO. not surprised they added one for Ken's "alternate" outfit.

EDIT:

i hear crickets in here

Edited by DarkAmon

Damn. I wish I could look at the list, but never played those games before so I can't spoil myself:( My dad got the 1st one when I was a kid but I was a kid so I didn't appreciate the game. I regret it.

Anyway, I'm avoiding spoilers and it seems it's not easy which is good but I'd like to know a number. How would you rate it? No spoilers please.

Damn. I wish I could look at the list, but never played those games before so I can't spoil myself:( My dad got the 1st one when I was a kid but I was a kid so I didn't appreciate the game. I regret it.

Anyway, I'm avoiding spoilers and it seems it's not easy which is good but I'd like to know a number. How would you rate it? No spoilers please.

Even with the most difficult trophy in ZoE1 I'd rate it a 5. Aside from that one little part (which is early in the game) a lot of it is a little exploration and simply storyline.

With ZoE2 I'd rate it a 4. This is due to the one difficult trophy being able to be performed on Easy difficulty which makes it not too difficult.

Keep in mind I'm one of the few people who bought ZoE for the game and not the MGS2 demo when it originally launched and I love the games. So I played them a lot and my experience may be speaking a bit too much.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Even with the most difficult trophy in ZoE1 I'd rate it a 5. Aside from that one little part (which is early in the game) a lot of it is a little exploration and simply storyline.

With ZoE2 I'd rate it a 4. This is due to the one difficult trophy being able to be performed on Easy difficulty which makes it not too difficult.

Keep in mind I'm one of the few people who bought ZoE for the game and not the MGS2 demo when it originally launched and I love the games. So I played them a lot and my experience may be speaking a bit too much.

Oh, thanks. Then it won't be an easy plat, I like that. I had this pre-ordered already. Can't wait.

I was hoping they wouldn't do a trophy for the rescue missions in ZoE 1, oh well I'll still get it, I recall getting A rank in all missions on PS2 before so I can do it again.

And I've done the SS ranking in ZoE 2 massive battle before so again not too difficult.

Looking forward to this game and the trophy icons look awesome.

Another question for those who have played it. I don't mind difficult trophies, but is it time-consuming?

The first one you could probably plat in 4 to 10 hours depending on how many playthroughs you need. The second would be closer to 10 to 20 just because some of the frames you need to unlock require running through the game a second time to fight them in order to unlock. If I remember right anyways.

The first one you could probably plat in 4 to 10 hours depending on how many playthroughs you need. The second would be closer to 10 to 20 just because some of the frames you need to unlock require running through the game a second time to fight them in order to unlock. If I remember right anyways.

Oh, that sounds about right. Thanks.

Don't be so quick about it.

ZoE2 took me about 10-12 hours completing and some extra hours spending on reading faqs. The two battle are ultra annoying. Especially the first, since you need to be 100% perfect. Also a little luck is involed. The second one is just spamming H.Missiles and hoping for the best.

The rescue missions in ZoE are a different kind of beast. Def the hardest task in both games. The second mission takes places after a boss battle and he destroys about 9% of the buildings EVERY FUCKING TIME with his 2nd attack. So you need to kill him without damaging anything else and than you have to finish the rescue mission without any further damage. Again, skill and luck.

The other 4 are not so bad. Some need a few tries, because again luck but nothing super frustraiting. Since the Rank at the end seems to go only after your mission score, you get the a rank on the same playthrough.

So far I would say 6/10 for the first one and a 5/10 for the second one since the battle depend on some luck, you have to play it 3 times for the last Ex-mission to unlock and zoradius can take some time depinding on your 3D-Shmup skill.

To clarify, does this mean I don't have to play either of the ZoE games on their respective hardest difficulty to get the platinum trophies?

EDIT: Thanks for the clarification guys.

It seems there's more information on the trophy guide thread.

Edited by dotzeno
Didn't want to create a post just to say thank you.

To clarify, does this mean I don't have to play either of the ZoE games on their respective hardest difficulty to get the platinum trophies?

No. I only played ZoE2 on easy and Zoe on normal and then easy. As far as I know the rating is only determined by your sub-mission ranking.

In ZoE I got SS on both missions, died 2 times due to the Viola AI and saved 3 times I believe. My time was just under 2 hours and still SS.

i haven't completed ZoE since I don't know how to get an A-rank on the second mission. Even if no building gets destroyed during the mission, there are still the 6 buildings the boss destroys EVERY FUCKING TIME at the start of the battle. 11,7% is the best I can do. And you need to get under 10% for an A-rank.

The rescue missions are definitely the hard part of the game, trophy wise. These are some of my favorite games of all time, so I'm going through ZoE on very hard right now. No chance of my A ranking all those missions. =/

This is one platinum (well, two) that I'm going to take my time with and enjoy. :)