What kind of games are ZoE?

dmsdq

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Hideo Kojima creating these games really tempts me to buy the collection but I'm not really into mech games. I may check them out after watching some gameplay footage or something.

I wasn't either but after playing MGS 3 I was curious about Mr Kojima's other games. So I picked these up. A lot of people only got ZOE because they wanted the MGS2 demo that came with it and ended up loving it themselves. I'm not a mech guy (aside from Zeta Gundam and Macross but that's anime), but these games have a certain charm to them that I cannot explain. Honestly if you are not a mech guy, neither am I, you probably might not like these. Check out some YouTube footage then decide.

• 3 weeks later...

They are really good games. I don't yet have the HD Collection, but I played the original 2. I'm not into the mech stuff either, but Zone of the Enders was first I ever played. It's not the sluggish slow paced land walking kind of mech game. You're in the air most the time with swarms of enemies after you. Kind of fast paced, but fun. I personally enjoyed the 2nd one more than the first, but both were great games. I rented them when I first played and can say they are good enough to buy. It's an underrated series. Sad they never got as much attention as some other big name series, but at least they were popular enough to release an HD Collection. ^^

• 4 weeks later...
I wasn't either but after playing MGS 3 I was curious about Mr Kojima's other games. So I picked these up. A lot of people only got ZOE because they wanted the MGS2 demo that came with it and ended up loving it themselves. I'm not a mech guy (aside from Zeta Gundam and Macross but that's anime), but these games have a certain charm to them that I cannot explain. Honestly if you are not a mech guy, neither am I, you probably might not like these. Check out some YouTube footage then decide.

Just wanted to say that there's a ZOE anime too!

ZOE: 2167 IDOLO - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (OVA)

Z.O.E. Dolores,i - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (26-episode anime series)

• 2 years later...
It's an underrated series. Sad they never got as much attention as some other big name series, but at least they were popular enough to release an HD Collection. ^^

I realize I'm responding to a years-old post, but I didn't want to start my own new bitching thread, so...

These games are ridiculously short, repetitive, and essentially without plot. I got them for the trophies, and they didn't surprise me with anything more than that. I can't fathom how these lack-luster, mediocre games had enough popularity for an HD re-release, as they offer nothing interesting to modern gamers. Even Atari games were more interesting than this tripe.

Not that I'm slamming Atari - they had their own charm in that they were all about timing and eye-hand coordination. Just saying, they didn't have the story, strategy, or puzzle-solving that has become a mainstay of modern games - these ZoE games require about as much thought as Atari titles.

Edited by MrMinderbinder

• 3 years later...
  • 2 months later...
What kind of game is this? A crappy one. Glad I waited for ps+, after 100 years, to give it away.

Control is so outdated here. To be fair, this might have been a solid early ps2 title. However, it’s complete crap as a ps3 one, particularly in the late ps4 era.

agreed! everything is mapped to the right side. for example, at the first boss, i have to keep hitting triangle to go up, r1 to block and shoot with square rapidly so that he loses his head fast enough. sucks right off the bat. and i went to this game for a little relaxation....:(