Rate the trophy difficulty...  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_45.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 4.41

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Xander45

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Giving this game a 3/10

Slight more time consuming compared to ZOE 1 because we need to play thru the game 2 full times, but you'll unlock most trophies on the 1st playthrough, so the time taken to do 2nd playthrough is likely less than half of the 1st.

The only part that's hard is the rescue missions, they IMO they are still easier and much more controllable than the rescue missions in ZOE1.

The game itself does improve a lot, both in graphics and gameplay.

• 3 weeks later...

I voted a 3.

The game is about the same difficulty as the first one when it comes to trophies and gameplay. The rescue missions are a bit easier but the bosses are a little harder, so it balances out.

I loved this game from start to finish. It's one of my most favorite action games to date and while the main character didn't get enough development, I enjoyed his blunt personality. I'm looking forward to a sequel with similar gameplay.

• 3 months later...

I voted same as the 1st one: 4. This game felt more difficult because there were too many enemies during battles compared to the first one. Boss fights were also very difficult compared to the 1st one. It got the same rating because in the 1st one, non-story trophies were difficult to get while they were very very in this game except for getting an A but that was just annoying, not difficult.

I gave it a 3. Less rescue missions made this way easier. And the ones in this one weren't anywhere near as bad. Other than Leo's AI just refusing to respond for the first 5 attempts at an SS on the second one, I finished them both pretty easily.

Overall it's extremely easy to get an SS rank overall the first run, and just finish whatever you have left the second time. It just takes a bit longer than the first to finish all the trophies.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I gave it a 3, though if possible it would've been more of a 2.5 :p

This game is a bit harder than the first, though once you realise the subweapons are far more useful in this game then it's not as difficult. The whole starting section up to the Vic Viper fight was the hardest part for me gameplay-wise. From then on it was a piece of cake (though I did play on easy :p).

Slight upgrade in difficulty aside, the trophies are a lot easier this time around. The rescue missions are simple enough on a new game+ with either of the superior Jehutys. Naked Jehuty is so OP in fact that it's hard NOT to get an SS in the second mission, with the first requiring some trial and error to master.

It took me three playthroughs to plat the game, much like the first one. The first was spent enjoying the game(again, like I did with ZoE), the second was to clean up the trophies, though I chose Naked Jehuty so I couldn't get the last frame. Finally a third 'playthrough' just to fight Naked Jehuty to get the frame near the end. Altogether my gameplay time was roughly 7-8 hours, so not too bad, about the same as the first.

Trophies aside though, this game was amazingly fun. It really improved a lot on the first game, though I love both more than I thought I would. Some of the best games of their kind i've played and I cannot wait until Kojima makes the third, hopefully starting right after MGSV :D

voted 3

getting rank A WAS THE MOST DIFFICULT FOR ME :D

got rank ss on my 1st Playthrough:applause:

2nd speed run completed in 1;26 hours:eek:.. died 5 time and save's it on the same save file:think:

got rank b:confused:

loaded rank ss save file

died 10 time rank s

20.25 rank S:mad:

SAVES.52+25 CONTINUES =RANK A:applause:

• 2 weeks later...

Vote 4 for 2nd runner too. This game no difficulty trophy, so able play on easy difficulty. All bosses fights quite easy due to easy difficulty. The 2 rescue mission trophies a bit hard on first playthrough, much easier with Jehuty ver.2, but still need some practices especially 1st rescue mission. Retro Runner not too bad with Konami code.

Overall, very nice game and fun to play it twice.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

4/10. Have to admit, had problems getting SS rank on the second mission on my first playthrough. After an hour trying, failing by 1 LEF several times, I got annoyed and said fuck it and left it for my second playthrough. Jehuty v2 is just a monster, done it first try with it. You can just spam homing missiles with it like crazy due to barely costing any energy.

• 2 weeks later...

4/10

Never played the game before and some bosses can be hard the first time. Second game, I had no problems with Jehuty v2, the added experience and getting those rescue SS rankings.

Most trophies will unlock when you just play normally, never saw so many silver trophies popping out just for advancing in the campaign.

• 4 weeks later...

I voted 6 because the survivor missions were insane!!! I made a mistake and I completed them in my first play through....The second time is much easier but still you need practice....

The trophy that I stuck was "Ace of Frames"....Oh yes really!!!!! :cool:

I had finished the game with SS the two rescue missions and I saved the game 30 times and I used 20 continues, and still was getting S rank....I played the last boss over 30 times.......:@ To get A rank, I load the game from the second rescue mission, I killed most of my comrades (traitor) I got B rank, and then finished the game successfully (A rank)...

The Retro Runner trophy was easy with the cheat code....!!!:applause:

Very nice game and very quick!!! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently I'm the first person to vote 2/10, though I'm not really sure why. This game is an absolute joke compared to the first one:

- You can play on easy (you have to complete the first game on hard).

- As if that weren't enough, you can do all of the "difficult" trophies on NG+ anyway, playing as Naked Jehuty, which makes you kill pretty much anything (including bosses) in one hit, and makes you almost invincible.

- As if *that* weren't enough, you also get to keep Homing Missiles for NG+, which basically insta-kills everything on screen. Furthermore, these don't hit your allies, which makes the second rescue mission an absolute joke. Oh, and as Naked Jehuty you have infinite secondary weapon ammo, so you can use Homing Missiles non-stop.

- As if *that* weren't enough, the game is actually shorter than the first one. I got my platinum over the course of 3 playthroughs and it *still* took me only about 8 hours.

- As if *that* weren't enough, you can save at literally any time in the game (in the first game you could only save in the level-select area). This means you can save halfway through a boss fight. You can save halfway through a rescue mission if you're having a good run.

- And as an added bonus, the game is far more linear than the first one, so you don't need a step-by-step guide to the missable trophies like you did with the first game. Furthermore, almost all of the "missable" trophies are pretty damn hard to miss, especially if you're playing on easy.

Edited by JFryes

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 weeks later...