Slaughter mode Paradise Island help

MrUnknown625

Finally got the gold and My Favorite Color trophy. I found out I was driving to quickly and thus running into too many of the exploding zombies. My new strategy was to just tap the the control to go forward and only hold it down when I was getting swarmed but always being careful of the exploding zombies. It was hard because of the camera and it made it so the exploding zombies would just seem to pop out of nowhere.

Thinking about the camera I was playing with it fixed instead of smart. Maybe I should have tried switching that but I was getting sick out the screen randomly spinning with the smart setting.

Also I partly blame the color scheme used, I really don't like that the exploding zombies and health pickups ar both the same shade of green, sometimes I would be in need of health and move toward the green and then BAM I would die by hitting an exploding zombie. The trees on Paradise Island are also mistaken by me sometimes for the exploders. And finally the sand made it hard to see dead zombies vs live ones and also made it hard to focus to see anything, So I tried to stick to the dirt as much as I could.

Edited by MrUnknown625

Finally got the gold and My Favorite Color trophy. I found out I was driving to quickly and thus running into too many of the exploding zombies. My new strategy was to just tap the the control to go forward and only hold it down when I was getting swarmed but always being careful of the exploding zombies. It was hard because of the camera and it made it so the exploding zombies would just seem to pop out of nowhere.

Thinking about the camera I was playing with it fixed instead of smart. Maybe I should have tried switching that but I was getting sick out the screen randomly spinning with the smart setting.

Also I partly blame the color scheme used, I really don't like that the exploding zombies and health pickups ar both the same shade of green, sometimes I would be in need of health and move toward the green and then BAM I would die by hitting an exploding zombie. The trees on Paradise Island are also mistaken by me sometimes for the exploders. And finally the sand made it hard to see dead zombies vs live ones and also made it hard to focus to see anything, So I tried to stick to the dirt as much as I could.

See my comment in the difficulty rating thread. I found this map, and the train yard, to be quite difficult. Definitely you need to move more slowly. But, this has the disadvantage of making it harder to keep a kill chain going, which levels your score up more slowly. The best strategy is to try to get the rail gun fully upgraded, then go to town.

Without question I think this was the hardest part of the game. By comparison, I thought the death races were much easier.

• 1 month later...

Basically, if you are running into ANY Exploding Zombies, you are moving too fast. Occasionally, you will get hit with the residual of a nearby EZ, but you should NEVER collide with them head on. Slow down, take it easy. Losing a quarter of your health by running into an EZ is not worth keeping a kill chain going. You should almost NEVER be using Turbos (unless it is to zoom away from an EZ).

Your best friends to kill Exploding Zombies are the maxed out Rail Gun and Machine Gun. The Flamethrower is absolute bollocks.

• 5 weeks later...
Your best friends to kill Exploding Zombies are the maxed out Rail Gun and Machine Gun. The Flamethrower is absolute bollocks.

I find the flame thrower not too bad at dealing with EZ, it usually penetrates the first and second layer of little zombies and deals with the EZ simultaneously. Whereas the machine gun has to eliminate the first layers of little zombies first before it can impact the EZ, and by that time i've usually hit it.

• 10 months later...

This is definitely the toughest level on slaughter mode. I don't know why some people say this is a good level for Slaughtermaster trophy. It's probably the worst. Harbour is the way to go. Anyway, the problem with this level is that it is so big, it is difficult to find and obtain the healthpacks that are necessary to get to level 20 plus where you can post the 105K score.

After trying a few strategies, I used the Auroch, but the bus should work as well. Many of the top 10 players used the bus. Maybe also the supercar, but I didn't like it. I found that you have to give the exploding zombies a wide berth as you want to retain as much health as possible. Even the small amounts of damage from perimeter blasts will lead to you not making it. When you get close to an exploder, tap the turbo to get away quicker. (And I mean tap, not hold).

Also go really slow. Don't worry about kill chains, there are plenty of zombies in later waves. You have to feather the throttle very gently so that you are weaving between the exploders to get the power ups.

As soon as I get a weapon, I lay on it until it is depleted. Don't bother to aim, just hammer it. Then I go for another. I pick up everything including the cash, that way I open up the spawn point for another weapon. I always head to the markers for the next powerup.

I got to 132 thousand after several attempts. It is a pain, but the zombie drivers tournament is worse. :)