What do you like more: Burn Zombie Burn or ZA

Dreadnought190

I personally pick Zombie Apocalypse. From the demo of ZA, the game has amazing visuals for a psn game, and doesn't have such a demanding use of precision for high scores, instead just kinda lets you relax while you reach solid scores. I'm not crazy about being grabbed by 2 zombies and die, but at least you don't need such HIGH scores to get such unforgiving trophies (looking at you BZB, but BZB you're still a fun game fun despite the 45 min. you need to reach a single gold score on the 1st level). How about you guys.:cool:

Get your torches and pitchforks ready...

I like Burn Zombie Burn! waaaaaaay more than Zombie Apocalypse. I know BZB has some riDICulous trophies, but for overall look and feel BZB has my vote. It's just funny. The gameplay variety in BZB also BURIES anything ZA had to offer. While playing through ZA I found myself, several times, thinking; "When does this end? It's so tedious and boring!" Never happened once playing BZB. In fact, I still play it and I've had it since launch. Would LOVE to get some online support in it though...

All said and done: if you want trophies, and like zombies, ZA is your game. If you want something you'll keep playing even after you realize the trophies are unobtainable? Burn Zombie Burn!!!

Anyway, love, hate, agree with or flame me. It's my opinion, and you asked! ;)

Edited by switchfreak83

I like Burn Zombie Burn! waaaaaaay more than Zombie Apocalypse. I know BZB has some riDICulous trophies, but for overall look and feel BZB has my vote. It's just funny. The gameplay variety in BZB also BURIES anything ZA had to offer. While playing through ZA I found myself, several times, thinking; "When does this end? It's so tedious and boring!" Never happened once playing BZB. In fact, I still play it and I've had it since launch. Would LOVE to get some online support in it though...

All said and done: if you want trophies, and like zombies, ZA is your game. If you want something you'll keep playing even after you realize the trophies are unobtainable? Burn Zombie Burn!!!

They're both extremely tedious... They have the same gameplay mechanics and elements, I respect your opinion and I agree with some of it. But both games are flawed imo when it comes to lasting appeal.

I like Burn Zombie Burn! waaaaaaay more than Zombie Apocalypse. I know BZB has some riDICulous trophies, but for overall look and feel BZB has my vote. It's just funny. The gameplay variety in BZB also BURIES anything ZA had to offer. While playing through ZA I found myself, several times, thinking; "When does this end? It's so tedious and boring!" Never happened once playing BZB.

I agree, BZB is a much better game. Better visuals, better gameplay, better weapons (love the lawn mower and the dance ray), better humor, and way more replay value (still trying to rack up 100,000 kills and earn more medals). Plus there's a level of real strategy involved with managing health pickups and dynamite upgrades. ZA gets really old really fast, easy trophies but overall an inferior game when compared to BZB.

Edited by Indy815

I respect your opinion, you make some good points about BZB, it's still a fun game even if I do pick ZA, also I love the music in ZA. What really boils my blood though in BZB though is little things like exploding zombies that kill me cause I didn't notice them, plus they shrink the multiplier, and those irradiated zombies and ramming zombies w/ a football helmet and such. Still a very fun game though once you get used to it though.

I like them both but found it a lot easier to get caught up in ZA. However, now that I've spent so much time playing it I've been better at playing BZB. :) And I can't imagine the BZB in space DLC is going to be worth it, but I would love some more ZA!

I completely agree about the DLC of BZB, I saw a trailer of it on PSN and the outer space thing is the exact same thing. I was hoping for like different weapons, ways to make getting the scores more easily like lots of points w/ a certain weapons, different monsters to kill like alien spider monkey evil goats that give you a s- load of points, different minigames and such. It were free or $1 max maybe I'd buy, but maybe.:cool

edited: Well it could be a pretty add-on now that I saw the trailer. But I'm not sure about buying though.

Edited by Dreadnought190

• 2 weeks later...

BZB is waayyy better than ZA. The humour & varied types of weapons, not to mention the fact it looks better as well. Sure the trophies/medals are largely unatainable unless you want your thumbs to fall off, but gaming is about having fun, not just whooring trophies. BZB would get my vote everytime :D

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hard to say, BZB is much harder to get trophies on and is very cartooned, so other than the fact they have zombies there is really nothing much alike on them (Except a chainsaw and guns).

If your goal is trophies then your preference is probably ZA, but I would rate them both about the same for the kind of games they are, plus I enjoy playing them both even if I'm not after a trophy or two.

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...