This game is not very good..

Stick with Dead Nation if you want to play a game like this, the characters are annoying, the enemies spawn out of thin air, the level up system is completely unnecessary (the only reason its there is to prolong the games life). The graphics look choppy and the game lags a lot as well, more than the first. You cant play by yourself so if one person dies (especially the healer) chances are you are royally screwed.

Bottom line its not very fun. It doesn't do the first game any justice and that was a solid experience. If you haven't played Zombie Apocalypse you should go do so, avoid this game.

Edited by RipvanX
more info

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for what appears to be a constructive and factual analysis of this game, I really enjoyed Zombie Apocalypse and playing through it with a mate. When I heard about this game it was a definate buy but after playing the demo and thinking the demo wasn't too great this thread has made me decide there are better things to spend £7.99 on out there.

That said I may have to redownload the first game and have a good zombie slaying sesh :D

I really enjoyed Zombie Apocalypse and playing through it with a mate.That said I may have to redownload the first game and have a good zombie slaying sesh :D

this game is nothing at all like the first, i loved the first one too, and this second installment left me disappointed.

it is a major departure from the first one, almost unrecognizable as a ZA title.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
this game fucking blows. the AI is so god damn retarded and those fat grandma's are ridiculous. youre AI wont get out of the way and while they are "hugging" you, they dont take damage. so dumb. this game isnt even worth the $0.00 price tag i got it for.

lol, yeah, i was surprised it took them so long to give this game away to the plus users, i don't know what happened but this game was a disaster compared to the first one, i was kinda shocked.

as far as the grandma's and other dumb AI shit, there's not much you can do about it , i replayed the first 2 levels over to grind some xp and raise the characters levels, that helped me get through the rest of this chore, er, game.

I'm also having serious issues with the AI. I really don't see any way of getting through the last chapter without anyone getting killed (one of the challenges for the Exhausted trophy). There's just too many bosses and the AI just doesn't get out of the way.

I'd be curious to hear if anyone has managed to do this solo or if it needs to be done co-op. (But then I hear Exhausted can glitch if you get some of the challenges in MP.):think:

I have all but 5 challenges left... and at first I thought this game sucked til I read you have to level up at chapter 2 before moving on... once I did that the game become much more simple... I have finished chapter 10 alone and did not die... simply grab the yellow drops and use your teddy or fireball against the bosses... they die pretty quick with the pnwage as well...

.. what pisses me off is that the damn game froze on round 14 during survival... the characters are extremely annoying and I'm getting sick of the stereotypical bullshit of characters... the best advice is to turn off the voice volume...

... so level up, turn off voice, and it's not that bad... and just get used to cycling the characters to utilize each particular skill...

I have all but 5 challenges left... and at first I thought this game sucked til I read you have to level up at chapter 2 before moving on... once I did that the game become much more simple... I have finished chapter 10 alone and did not die... simply grab the yellow drops and use your teddy or fireball against the bosses... they die pretty quick with the pnwage as well...

.. what pisses me off is that the damn game froze on round 14 during survival... the characters are extremely annoying and I'm getting sick of the stereotypical bullshit of characters... the best advice is to turn off the voice volume...

... so level up, turn off voice, and it's not that bad... and just get used to cycling the characters to utilize each particular skill...

I got through chapter 10 last night solo without anyone dying. It actually wasn't too hard with all five characters maxed.

But now I'm having trouble getting through chapter 9 in 5 minutes, the last objective I need. All the other speed run objectives I got through in my first attempt with plenty of time to spare before my characters were leveled up. But after a dozen attempts on chapter 9, the closest I've gotten is 5:09 mins. I feel like I must be missing something, but there aren't any videos online of someone pulling this off. Any ideas? Tips?

EDIT: Nevermind again. Just used Jeremy and didn't bother rescuing survivors except the last one and avoided using pwnage as much as possible as the animation takes time. Did it in 4:54.

Having just gotten 100% in this, including 30 rounds of Survivor, I have to say the worst thing about this game is the mindless grinding on the same 10 maps to get all the objectives, level every character up, and complete the two survival modes (which are quite easy by the way with fully leveled characters).

Edited by Satnamji

Ya, my best time is 5:03 on that stupid map because grandma keeps jumping away... ridiculous...

She seems to spawn at the far right of the area you have to fight her, so what I did was go all the way over there as soon as I got to that part, got a few shots in before she jumped, and while I was waiting for her to reappear, I worked on the other zombies in the area. If you don't start taking down her health until after the area is pretty much cleared, you'll never make it in 5 mins. Oh, and by the way, it's actually under 5 mins. I learned the hard way that exactly 5 mins. won't give you credit for beating the objective.

She seems to spawn at the far right of the area you have to fight her, so what I did was go all the way over there as soon as I got to that part, got a few shots in before she jumped, and while I was waiting for her to reappear, I worked on the other zombies in the area. If you don't start taking down her health until after the area is pretty much cleared, you'll never make it in 5 mins. Oh, and by the way, it's actually under 5 mins. I learned the hard way that exactly 5 mins. won't give you credit for beating the objective.

Your tip about attacking the corner worked... I killed her instantly and she was off screen... 4:59 ... I'm so glad that's over... thanks for the tip.

How much did you guys level up ok the early rounds? I Cant get past level 3 because the damn AI can't seem to survive during the second sherrif encounter. I'm guessing level up weapons, speed and pwnage abilities? Do you recommend with only one character or all of them?

I think I replayed the first two chapters 2-3 times each before reaching chapter 3 just to get some of the objectives done as opposed to doing them for leveling up purposes ... though I'm sure it helped. I focused on leveling weapons and pwnage mostly, but spread it around all the characters.

Chapter 3 is the first time in this game that you really need to have a strategy as far as using pwnage abilities, managing health, and using the heavy weapons. Just try to have everyone's pwnage ready to go going into the final section and health mostly full. It just takes practice to switch between the characters quickly enough to take advantage of each of their pwnage and bait during a hectic combat scenario. Once you get the hang of it, the rest of the game gets easier.

I think I replayed the first two chapters 2-3 times each before reaching chapter 3 just to get some of the objectives done as opposed to doing them for leveling up purposes ... though I'm sure it helped. I focused on leveling weapons and pwnage mostly, but spread it around all the characters.

Chapter 3 is the first time in this game that you really need to have a strategy as far as using pwnage abilities, managing health, and using the heavy weapons. Just try to have everyone's pwnage ready to go going into the final section and health mostly full. It just takes practice to switch between the characters quickly enough to take advantage of each of their pwnage and bait during a hectic combat scenario. Once you get the hang of it, the rest of the game gets easier.

Cool thanks. I've been playing the second level over and over. I've maxed out out Jeremy ,except the melee weapon, in a just a few hours. Thinking of upgrading the old man and the chick the same way since their pwnage seem the most helpful.

Dead Nation set the bar high for the zombie twin stick shooter, and this game walked under it. :p

But, I actually had some fun with it. Sure it could have looked/played better and had some weird bugs, but DN had it's share of issues when it was first released too. Thank god they fixed most of them!

Anyway, I enjoyed the leveling up, but felt they should have had the other modes count towards the leveling too. It would have cut down on the grinding in order to max everyone out.

I also enjoyed the 4 player co-op ability. It's something that was missing from Dead Nation too, but they should have made it so everyone's special move didn't pause the entire game for everyone. It takes you out of the action.

And of course the voice acting... I think everyone else has stressed how bad it is.

Just turn it down, play your own music and there is fun to be had.

The only problem I am having now is finding 3 other people to help me get the last trophy(EPIC RUN).

Anyone up for playing from 12am-ish-3am-ish? Please see the boosting thread for this.

Edited by spoonman