Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward

Where could we ask for 999 to be ported to the Vita?

• 2 months later...
After playing awesome game, I guess we should get 999 so we don't miss anything. After all, I think the 3rd game is coming to the Vita, right?

Agreed I have not played that game but I bet I'd like it since last rewards is on first play on my top games list for vita

I'll be completely honest, though I can't elaborate too much because of spoilers.

999 cannot work on the Vita. One of 999's story spoilers relies on the DS's dual screens to make sense, and this isn't possible on the Vita's screen. I recommend buying a DS if you want to play 999.

There's a LP on Something Awful's Let's Play Archive if you're just interested in the story. Here's a link.

999 cannot work on the Vita. One of 999's story spoilers relies on the DS's dual screens to make sense, and this isn't possible on the Vita's screen.
But it's already out on iOS (jp only, english release would be soon). So dunno, maybe they have found some solution.

• 4 months later...
One of 999's story spoilers relies on the DS's dual screens to make sense, and this isn't possible on the Vita's screen.

Man, I just finished playing 999 on DS (and just started VLR on Vita) and I have no idea what you're referring to. Can someone PM me or post something in a spoiler tag. I feel like perhaps I wasn't paying the closest attention.

Man, I just finished playing 999 on DS (and just started VLR on Vita) and I have no idea what you're referring to. Can someone PM me or post something in a spoiler tag. I feel like perhaps I wasn't paying the closest attention.

Spoilers on ending and "twist" of 999 below, anyone who hasn't finished 999, I suggest you don't read it.

[spoiler=999]If I remember correctly, one screen was dedicated to Junpei in present and the other to young Akane in the past, where she sends her consciousness into the future, so she and other test subjects can solve the puzzles while seeing what Junpei is doing to solve them. Both past and present events are occuring simultaneously on both screens and what you are reading is the narration from Akane, based on what she is seeing in the future, not Junpei's thoughts.

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Like it's been mentioned, 999 would work very weirdly with Vita.

999 is definitely a game that worked with the idea of two screens while being developed. This changed in VLR so VLR could have been made for Vita as well.

And the 3rd game will definitely work with the similar principle =)

It's sad, but there's probably no chance of 999 to Vita, unless we want the stripped down port that is on iOS.

Zero Escape isnt getting a third game. The story was written but the devs posted how they got canned since it's not showing enough sales out East.

Sucks that we aren't getting a third Zero Escape game. The world deserves it.

Don't be so sure now :D