Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward

If you're a :psn+: member, it's free right now and that's how I got mine. It's a pure digital novel/puzzle game. Nothing at all like an RPG other than it's from Japan and uses anime-style characters in the game.

With the guide, I (P)'d the game in 23:38:19 hrs but that was skipping a LOT of the reading (I got the gist of the game however). My fingertips are numb from all the screen tapping to skip dialogue. If you're truly into the entire experience of this game, prepare to spend 30-40 hrs if you fully read everything and use the guide.

The 22 endings isn't so bad as the game doesn't actually require you to play a full 22 beginning to end playthroughs. You can use the flow chart to pick up off from other branch points and even fast skip any previous dialogue you've already done.

This book is awesome. I don't even care about the puzzles, I just wanna keep reading all the story to get all the answers to all the fucked up shit happening. It's a damn mystery. I'm maybe 85% done the game now.

If you just want a free (with ps+) and easy plat then go for it. If you want a game to play but actually want a game to play then probably don't get it. Even with the 16 puzzle rooms you get, the game is almost all reading and very little in terms of animation (almost none)

If you want to read a great book, then I would totally recommend it. I'm hoping to have it done tonight, but I think realistically I'm looking at finishing it tomorrow.

I wouldn't have tried it if it weren't free, but knowing what I know now, I would definitely shell out money for this masterpiece.

Yes it's a visual novel but it's pure epic-ness of biblical proportions. I just platinumed it and I would love to erase my memory and play it again. (Hmm.. :think:)

I bought it the day it came out and I don't regret it.

Definitely play it, it's one of the best games on Vita so far. If you like it enough then consider also playing 999 Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors which is a prequel to this game.

• 1 month later...

i wouldnt have bought it but got it free with ps+ and just got round to downloading.

although i like the rooms, the text is really annoying me now - i swear ive been tapping the screen for 30 mins and im still on the same section of the flow chart. (K Good Ending and Story Lock 01)

i just dont care enough - i want to play the rooms, get the trophies and plat and thats it. but the forced text is bad. at least i can skip some and im sure as the game goes on ill get more chances to skip (completed 10/16 rooms) but its really tiresome.

i wouldnt have bought it but got it free with ps+ and just got round to downloading.

although i like the rooms, the text is really annoying me now - i swear ive been tapping the screen for 30 mins and im still on the same section of the flow chart. (K Good Ending and Story Lock 01)

i just dont care enough - i want to play the rooms, get the trophies and plat and thats it. but the forced text is bad. at least i can skip some and im sure as the game goes on ill get more chances to skip (completed 10/16 rooms) but its really tiresome.

Well to be fair, and I'm presuming you're aware already that this game wasn't designed for quick plat players like yourself (or me in this case too). If you're after just the plat, then there's gonna be a shit ton of screen taps to fast forward the dialogue.

Any way you cut it though, tons of screen taps regardless.

• 3 weeks later...