XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > > >

Old 08-30-2009, 10:42 AM   #31
MofoSLO

To win a fight easy, use left flipper and shot a bal on blanka ramp, to get projectiles... then use the end of right flipper to shot in the left holl. Sorry for bad english.
MofoSLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 01:13 AM   #32
magmar126

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Member of the Month Winner   Platinum Submission   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)

K, thnx for the replies, gonna try it soon

magmar126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 01:46 AM   #33
skippycue

Awards Showcase Silver Trophy Guide Submitter   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)

I updated the guide with the new Street Fighter table, enjoy!
skippycue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 11:17 AM   #34
MofoSLO

Quote:
Originally Posted by skippycue View Post
I updated the guide with the new Street Fighter table, enjoy!
Man you just ROCK!

Thank you very much.

SF2 Extra ball My Way!
MofoSLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 01:16 AM   #35
overday

Great work on making this guide, very useful as this game has the worst trophy descriptions ever, it's impossible to figure out what to do just reading the descriptions.

However, some trophies are so complex, even with your explanation, sometimes it's hard to get exactly what to do. Couldn't you (or someone else reading this) make (or find) videos showing how to get the trophies? I found some videos, but not all the trophies. With those videos and your descriptions, I managed to get half the trophies of this game, way easier this way.

Here are the videos I found, it would be really nice if someone complete the list with videos of the remaining trophies, shown as "N/A"!

V12 Table

Nitro Booster

Turbo Charger

Manifold - N/A
Monkey-wrench - N/A

Tesla Table

Dynamo

Bunch of Dollars

Tesla Coil - N/A
Master Mind - N/A

El Dorado Table

Archaeologist

Lucky Day

Treasure Hunter - N/A
Skilled Adventurer - N/A

Shaman Table

Rave

Doom Bringer

Spirit of the Wilderness - N/A
Domination - N/A

Street Fighter II Tribute Table

Thunder kick - N/A
Hammer Hand - N/A
Warrior - N/A
World Warrior Champion - N/A

Sorry if I write something that doesn't make much sense, I'm not a native english speaker (I try to do my best, though)

PlayStation 4: 1

PlayStation 3: 56
Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

PlayStation Vita: 5

Last edited by overday; 09-07-2009 at 01:20 AM.
overday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 10:20 AM   #36
vinster

Default Tesla "Master Mind" trophy madness!

To echo the others, this is one of the best written trophy guides. Thanks for taking the effort! I got this game when it first came out. Only recently did I start attempting to try for the trophies.

Here's where my joy ends... :-( At present, I am trying for the "Master Mind" trophy on Tesla. I've been at it for many nights now with no luck. I was so close yesterday, doing the experiments backwards, I finally, finally got through all the tough ones out of the way and was in the middle of the easiest first experiment (which was the last one I needed) - I think I got too excited and the miss-hit the ball which then shot straight down the middle drain - and it was my last ball :-( Arrgghhh...

As frustrating as it was, the most frustrating part of "Master Mind" as you correctly pointed out in the guide was experiment 4. Getting 3 consecutive (and almost back-to-back) Tesla coil ramp shots is truly and frustrating difficult. I so envy "steviej" who posted that he got that quickly. Lucky b*st*rd! :-) The left upper flipper seems to have a mind of its own! It is already quite a challenge just to be able to get to experiment 4, and then having to activate it, get 3 tesla coil shots in a row without losing a ball is insane. What were the designers thinking?! It should be a "platinum" by itself! :-)

Also, it is so easy to lose a ball on this table with a mis-hit left upper flipper ball shot. If it doesn't go fully up the tesla coil ramp, it frequently drains left. I try to get the ball save and magna save active at the same time, but trying for this and then trying for the experiments just makes the whole experience ridiculous. Even the magna save can't help balls that shoot straight down the center drain. You must have lightning reflexes to activate magna save in that situation.

I'm not sure that anyone can help my desperate situation, but am willing to hear any tips. Thanks!
vinster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 12:48 PM   #37
steviej

Awards Showcase Gold Trophy Guide Submitter   1,000 Posts   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)

Just to repeat skippy: never ever make a shot without ballsave enabled and go for magna save as often as you can. Especially on the tesla coil shots, it is important to never shoot the ramp without ballsave, even if it means failing the mission over and over! Its not worth losing a ball over it. As long as you commit yourself to this, you should be fine!

On the run i got the trophy i also started doing the experiments backwards. I.e. starting with 4, then 5 and then back to 3, 2, 1.

A lot of people seem to have trouble with changing/choosing an experiment. If the ball is going berserk, briefly press the flipper in the opposite direction to slow it down. Only on the right side of the board does the ball drop down. If you let it go down on the left side, it should also slow it down enough for you to get it up the ramp controlled.

Other than that, if you get that close once, you can do it again! Now go get that trophy
steviej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 02:17 PM   #38
vinster

Thanks for the words of encouragement, steviej! After a couple more nights of cursing and swearing (over a week total's worth I think), I finally, finally got the 'Master Mind' trophy! Woohoo! It was with my last ball left and I needed to complete the 5th experiment with it. Luckily, the pinball gods decided to smile on me this night and I barely completed it, got the 'Master Mind' trophy, and then since I was so happy, I mishit the ball down the drain, and never got to do the teleforce experiment. Screw it anyway, I'm never attempting the Tesla table again! Lol.

But like you said, I never did the experiments without BOTH the ball-save and magna-save activated, esp for experiments 2, 4 and 5. It was all about patience and keeping one's nerve. Why do I like these punishing trophies?! :-)

Now that I got all trophies on V12 and Tesla, it's time to move on to the others, where I already have the easiest 2 trophies each on all the other tables. From reading, it looks like both El Dorado and Shaman will be tough, esp. Shaman. Gotta brace myself! And hopefully SF4 is not too bad...
Old 09-17-2009, 04:13 PM   #39
vinster

I finally got 100% trophies for Zen Pinball. Frustratingly difficult for both 'Domination' and 'Master Mind'. You can see my post here for some tips on 'Domination':

Zen Pinball Strategies - PlayStationŽNetwork Downloadable Games - PlayStation.com Forums

Good luck!

Last edited by vinster; 09-25-2009 at 07:31 AM.
Old 09-19-2009, 06:20 PM   #40
Mocha_Man81
Banned

One of the best PSN guides so far... %)
Mocha_Man81 is offline   Reply With Quote