DLC is gone...except for 1 table? What gives?

DJ1s

I have been buying the tables here and there over the past couple of years (had ZP1 since release). I was going to buy them all, but since Zen Pin 2 has been released, the only table left in the DLC for ZP1 is Epic Quest. Does anyone know why they took all of the DLC off except for this one? Is there any hope in getting the rest of the DLC for Zen Pin 1? Am I confused or just out of luck?

Man, that's rather annoying but understandable...except when Zen Pinball 2 imports your tables over. After picking up Epic Quest five minutes ago, I'm left with only Earth Defense out of my trophy list. Not that I'll ever get these trophies to anywhere near 20%, but it would have been nice to know what to expect. Then I would have bought them all.

Discussion of gamesharing is a big no-no on this site, ElfenSky... please don't do it again. I've edited some posts. It's enough to know that for those who already purchased the game, you can redownload it from the store later on if you need to; it will still be in your download history.

Discussion of gamesharing is a big no-no on this site, ElfenSky... please don't do it again. I've edited some posts. It's enough to know that for those who already purchased the game, you can redownload it from the store later on if you need to; it will still be in your download history.

*sad sigh* I realise we shouldn't and that it's against the rules. But... What if it remains the only available option?

Now, if it was to be made available again, I'd buy it in an instant... But if it isn't... Well, you know where this is going...

If anyone wants to support bringing back the tables:

Bring back the tables for Zen Pinball 1 – PlayStation.Blog Share

voted. Positive, ofc ^^

Edited by ElfenSky

Voted positively on that thread and commented similar to what I did here. I hope that actually does something.

Vyrastas: I'm super jealous of you for having all the tables. I knew you were one person that had them all already. I've had this game forever and I feel like an idiot for not getting all the DLC when it had been available for a LONG time.... I guess I figured I had time to get them and I figured why spend all the money when I haven't beaten the ones I've gotten yet, lol. That'll teach me!

I'm missing Earth Defense, Paranormal, and Mars (I think that's it, there might be one more)....so yeah, there's enough of a chunk in the trophy list already...woulda been nice to at least attempt to fill it.

I realize that the DLC for ZP1 kinda shoots themselves in the foot because it makes it free for the second game, but really? You already get free PS Vita versions and stuff, why not give us the ZP1 version for free if we buy the DLC for ZP2???? It just seems really awkward, I think the people that actually bought ZP1 should be rewarded. It's not like you can go buy ZP1 now, so no new users could cash in on that little gem of getting the ZP2 tables for free.....idk, call me crazy but I like the "customer is always right attitude," at least, when it doesn't actually hurt them, at all (obviously we are loyal customers...we are begging to give them more money).

Edited by DJ1s

Well, now there are no tables left....Epic Quest is gone. Glad I picked that up (I guess, lol). I'd say the only real hope of obtaining the DLC legitimately, would be to post/vote on the thread that is on the PSN site (mentioned earlier in this thread)....although it seems unlikely that they would actually bring it back.

There's a thread over at the Zen Pinball forums where someone is asking for the tables to be available again, but the community manager there said they're gone forever :(

I have to admit I'm kinda bummed about this. Before Sorcerer Lair and Epic Quest, I had all the trophies save two silvers. I could definitely get 100% on this game, but not anymore...

There's a thread over at the Zen Pinball forums where someone is asking for the tables to be available again, but the community manager there said they're gone forever :(

I have to admit I'm kinda bummed about this. Before Sorcerer Lair and Epic Quest, I had all the trophies save two silvers. I could definitely get 100% on this game, but not anymore...

Yes, I was crying there. I was very sad about this topic. Can somebody confirm me, if the tables were allready bought, that you still have the possibility to download them? I checked my own list, and not every table I bought was listed.

Man, I have to say if I hadn't already bought all the DLC for Zen and Marvel I'd be super pissed right now! I would likely be paying someone to er..umm... clears throat.... let's just say I'd find another way to get these tables, lol. It's too easy to break posting rules on this site, gotta be careful what I say! ha At any rate, not only do I have all DLC for both games, but I also have all the trophies. :dance: I personally have no interest in ZP2 right now... especially since most of their trophies are all ones I've already earned and were not easy the first time dammit! Boo...

At first I was planning to buy all the tables for ZP1, but I was SO disappointed with Excalibur (by far the worst table in the game) that I became reluctant to buy the newer ones. I watched videos of Sorcerer Lair and Epic Quest and didn't like neither of them, that's why I never bought them.

Now that they're gone, on one hand I feel bad about missing the 100%, but on the other hand, I shouldn't be spending money on content I'm not interested anyway. I like trophies but they shouldn't dictate my purchases like that.

So, good riddance ;) I can put down ZP1 for good and focus on the sequel now.

Now that they're gone, on one hand I feel bad about missing the 100%, but on the other hand, I shouldn't be spending money on content I'm not interested anyway. I like trophies but they shouldn't dictate my purchases like that.

I wish I could be that way, lol... I hate seeing my 100% go down... I just can't live with it... OCD for the win! lol

I wish I could be that way, lol... I hate seeing my 100% go down... I just can't live with it... OCD for the win! lol

Hilarious, but true for me too. I have most of the DLC, and may try to 'find them another way' sometime, but for now, I will see if I can even get all of the trophies for the ones I do have, LOL. I just wish I wouldn't have procrastinated on buying them....I kinda figured they would be around for the long haul... silly me!

Hilarious, but true for me too. I have most of the DLC, and may try to 'find them another way' sometime, but for now, I will see if I can even get all of the trophies for the ones I do have, LOL. I just wish I wouldn't have procrastinated on buying them....I kinda figured they would be around for the long haul... silly me!

Same problem. Why did they even remove them??? It's not like it costs money for them to be on PSstore, does it? I mean, Sony makes money on sales too...

And they still have a license on ZEN since they released ZEN2...

Same situation here, I always thought I have a lot of time as this is all offline.

Never even supposed that software removal can be the problem :/

Now I feel really unhappy as this is the only game in my backlog I can't really complete.

What now? As far as I believe we should fight for our rights to buy what we want I'm just not sure if we can really convince Zen Studios to bring the software back (the DJ1s proposal is probably the best, we should get old version while buying new).

The online petition on the blog doesn't seem to work for us. Noone ever noticed any petition and this will probably end the same way.

Some people posted on Zen Studios forums but Community Manager said they are definitely not coming back so I believe further posting there won't help us either.

Maybe we should ask the managing director himself? He runs his blog on both eu and us sites so he is somewhat public person (Zsolt Kigyossy – PlayStation Blog). Zen is a small studio so probably he's the only man responsible for such a decisions there (see the quote at the end of my post)...

If someone wants to leave him a message (I will probably write something this week too), be nice and say there are more of us :p

In the end, if all those methods fail I'll probably try to get the missing tables other way at some point (as most of trophy hunters with their goal set to 100% would probably do), but I'd really like to just buy them normally... which I should've done a long time ago...

P.S.

I googled a little about the removal and to be more angry I found a ps3trophies.com post (from June) saying that

So, I just decided now would be a good time to buy Zen Pinball, as I just saw Zsolt Kigyossy, Managing Director at Zen Studios, saying that with the release of Zen Pinball 2, the original Zen Pinball will be removed from the Playstation Store.

So there was definitely info about this somewhere. Just noone interested here noticed :(

Edited by LDZ

Same problem. Why did they even remove them??? It's not like it costs money for them to be on PSstore, does it? I mean, Sony makes money on sales too...

And they still have a license on ZEN since they released ZEN2...

Well Zen Pinball 2 was marketed very poorly and basically Zen Pinball 1 suffered for it.

In a way you can even say that Zen Pinball 2 is the replacement for Zen Pinball 1 to where you can't even really call Zen Pinball 2 a sequel since it's like an updated version of Zen Pinball 1 with new tables. It's even more accurate to call Zen Pinball 2, Zen Pinball 1.5.

In a way you can even say that Zen Pinball 2 is the replacement for Zen Pinball 1 to where you can't even really call Zen Pinball 2 a sequel since it's like an updated version of Zen Pinball 1 with new tables. It's even more accurate to call Zen Pinball 2, Zen Pinball 1.5.

More like Zen Pinball version 2.0. That's how I see it anyway.