Rate the trophy difficulty.  

171 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty.

• 1 - Very easy.
    • 10 - Very hard.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_gold_9.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 8.97

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by olsen77

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know yet, do all the silvers have to be without losing a ball or is it cumulative

i think all in one play this game is freakin hard dude lol but still fun my highest score on a table was El Darado with 25mill and i was 1 skull short of having 3 skulls for a BRONZE trophy lol thats how hard it is lol

I'm going to hold back on voting until I've played the game some more, but so far I've put in a few hours already with only two bronze trophies to show for it, and those were pure luck. This game is very difficult. It's like the game is going in 1.5x or 2x speed all the time; I really wish trophies could be earned while using the slow motion button.

I wish I knew what the trophy description meant.

13 Platinum

and

a few 100% PSN

Friend Request Me

KingJNX

I'm level 12 and my name is pronounced J N X for when we meet.:cool:

Edited by kingjnx

I gave it a 10/10. I played the game for roughly 4 hours straight the day it was released on PSN and did not earn a single trophy. To me it seems as if the physics are off, i.e. the ball seems to turn on the after burners when it gets near flippers. It is fun but extremely luck based.

This game's trophies are largely determined by luck. However, once you know what you're doing (for example: understanding tables' specials, knowing where you want the ball to go, taking advantage of the middle/ flippers, etc) it becomes slightly more skill-oriented.

I gave it a pretty difficult 8.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm tired of defending games like PAIN and ZEN Pinball... but in case you're discouraged because you really think it is luck, I want to assure you that with practice you will succeed. It's easy to think games that are hard involve a lot of luck, but don't let that discourage you. I have not found a single game that I would call luck in my trophy list. Many of them just take painfully long hours of practice... Give it more time and effort and you'll see that it's doable. Take a look at my guide on this site for tips.

Edited by skippycue

• 1 month later...
It's disappointing to see that the 100% is so difficult.

I agree I don't understand why devs make so hard trophies for a game which is at least partially based on luck (when the ball goes very fast it's almost impossible to predict its direction) :( it's a shame cause this game is absolutely awesome/fun/addictive but it sucks that the trophies are so hard !

I rated 8.

Wouldnt want it any other way. Too many games make trophies way too easy. If there is no challenge, there is no satisfaction afterwards.

Agreed, and with practice I guarantee luck does NOT have to be a factor in this game! You learn how to avoid hitting the balls in ways that result in draining and learn how to enable ball saves and such consistently. Attributing difficult games to luck is a cop-out so you don't feel bad about not getting 100% trophies.

I haven't 100% yet, but this is probably the most difficult game I have played on PS3, as far as trophies. However, I think if I practiced for hours a day, I would probably...eventually get them. I will get back to it eventually and try to make 100%, but it is pretty tough and I'm playing other games.

I agree that it doesn't have a whole lot to do with luck (unless you are REALLY lucky for a long period of time.....lol), pinball has always been one of those games that some people are good at and some people suck at. I don't suck, but apparently I'm not that good yet either.

It is good to see a good pinball game on PS3 though.

I have more trophies for PAIN than I do in this game and I have nothing but respect for Zen Pinball.