Is this any good

Sprite85

welp, i can only tell u how the 1st level is since the 2nd one keeps freezing. its a shame too, cuz it actually seems like its fun. the narrator sucks tho, makes it seem like a real crap game. the graphics look great music is good, gameplay seems interesting. hope theres a patch soon, i dont want a 0%:whistle:

welp, i can only tell u how the 1st level is since the 2nd one keeps freezing. its a shame too, cuz it actually seems like its fun. the narrator sucks tho, makes it seem like a real crap game. the graphics look great music is good, gameplay seems interesting. hope theres a patch soon, i dont want a 0%:whistle:

I'm curious about your freezing issue - does the game freeze at the same point or is it at different points? And are you playing while signed in? I ask because, even though I haven't had any issues - I'm on the the third level - I have had some near misses: any time someone on my friends list signs in or out the game has a near crash; also each of the three trophies I unlocked nearly crashed the game (VERY long freezes)...Try playing offline - maybe that will help.

Anyways, I think the game is pretty great; comparing it to, say, Mega Man, isn't quite accurate; it's definitely an act of homage to the Mega Man games and other, older games of that type, but it's infinitely easier than those games for no other reason than it has a modern checkpoint system, meaning that any death sets you back only so far; also, any collectibles you pick up stay collected even if you die, and seeing as how those collectibles help you level up your suit...Yeah, definitely much easier than the games it looks back at.

Anyways, I think the game is pretty gorgeous and clever: you've got to think on your feet, make smart choices in combat, and be on the lookout for hidden areas; the different powers are fun to use, and I'm actually interested - very rare for me - in trying to make a dent in the online leaderboards. There are some issues - collision detection can be a bit wonky at times, and the movement between foreground/background can be occasionally annoying, but I'm really enjoying the game so far.

The price might be a bit steep for a lot of people, though; also, my taste in games isn't widely shared by a great many people, so don't at all think I'm recommending anyone buy the game on my say-so...

And, just so no one accuses me of being one-sided, I'll do my public duty for the day and leave a couple of review links for the TC...

Review: Zack Zero ‹ PSNStores | Where Gamers Go For PSN News & Reviews

Zack Zero Review | Capsule Computers - Gaming & Entertainment News, Reviews, Interviews & Competitions

Zack Zero Review | Bag of Games

Zack Zero - Anlisis PlayStation 3 en MERISTATION

It has its bugs. I went to level select and it kept crashing so I had to delete all my save data and start again. I really love the game. It has its bugs but its really fun. I have also found a pretty neat glitch that I will reveal soon along with video guides.

I have spoken to the developer and they are working on fixes for this. I also mentioned the glitch and they already knew but il get that out along with the videos in a few days and as long as you dont update the game the glitch is a treat!!! Just cancels out a trophy. I need to make sure it works all the time before i post it and look stupid!

ok, got past the freezing part today. the levels are really long! but the checkpoints are plentiful! collectables are ez to miss tho, and replaying a whole level is boring. also, dont bother recollecting the green orbs, they wont upgrade u. the in and out of the screen can be finicky, just like LBP. but im liking what ive played so far.

• 4 months later...

I wasn't too crazy about the game. I had a lot of issues with the platforming sections. Sometimes I would try to double jump but he would only single jump, sometimes I would single jump but he would double jump, etc.

I also found myself stuck in between walls on several occasions and I would have issues sometimes when jumping from objects in the foreground to objects in the background and vice versa.

I just felt that the game could have been tightened up a little bit since it is primarily a platformer.