Cheating While Playing Online

Susurrus

OK, if you're trying to boost yourself by reading answer lists, don't play online, please.

I get sick of people who do this BS. It is becoming more and more frequent. Yes, it is easy to you are cheating when you get EVERYTHING right when answering as soon as the options are available.

Completely ruins the game for someone playing this legit.

Do this shit offline or with boosting friends...

• 4 weeks later...
OK, if you're trying to boost yourself by reading answer lists, don't play online, please.

I get sick of people who do this BS. It is becoming more and more frequent. Yes, it is easy to you are cheating when you get EVERYTHING right when answering as soon as the options are available.

Haha, true, but welcome to the "information age" :eek:

Trivia games do not really work online for what you stated.

• 4 weeks later...
Haha, true, but welcome to the "information age" :eek:

Trivia games do not really work online for what you stated.

The Buzz games have never had this problem and I've played them online a lot. A shame too cause I was trying to find a replacement online quiz game to tide me over till the next Buzz, but I guess none are even decent online :(

You Don't Know Jack made two mistakes (for online players)

1) You need to randomize questions - don't put the questions in preset lists pre-determined by the quiz number

2) You need to randomize answers - even with the simple structure of preset question lists, they could at least randomize the answers, thus forcing the players to AT LEAST read the four answers

I love the humor of YDKJ, but this structure was a total boner. Try again, friends.

• 4 weeks later...

I agree with you... there's no need to get online & cheat, just to make yourself look good.. If you play online, you should be doing it legit unless your boosting with partners! I played online & got the prize for the level but i let the other guy win so i could get the lose to a shitty player trophy lol... kinda cheated but not really

• 2 weeks later...

It's worth noting that not everyone playing has to be using an answer guide. The questions are in the same order and the answers are on the same button each and every time you play an episode. It becomes easy enough to just memorize an episode or two without needing any answer lists.

You Don't Know Jack made two mistakes (for online players)

1) You need to randomize questions - don't put the questions in preset lists pre-determined by the quiz number

2) You need to randomize answers - even with the simple structure of preset question lists, they could at least randomize the answers, thus forcing the players to AT LEAST read the four answers

I love the humor of YDKJ, but this structure was a total boner. Try again, friends.

Agreed on both counts. I can't really even play the game again for a long time, as after getting all the achievements and writing up an answer list to help others with their achievements, it's going to take a long time for me to forget what the right answers are. The game will have to be on my shelf for a year or so at least, and even then things will probably come back to me.

Randomizing everything wouldn't completely remove anyone's problem, of course: people may simply remember the question and then remember the answer as well even if it is random, and people with the right kind of answer list would still be able to look up the answer, it would just take longer. But it would have gone a long way towards helping.

• 2 weeks later...

I actually like the episodic set-up. Made for DLC to be crafted well. On the PSone YDKJ, I'd play a lot more than my friends. Sometimes "random" questions would come up that I'd know the answer to. The dilemma was then do I smash them into the ground or throw the questions in an attempt to be fair. At least with the episode format, I know I haven't seen the questions yet.

If it's possible, and the OP would like, I open myself up to playing with anyone out there. I'm around episode 40 and plan on getting all of the DLC as I progress. I don't cheat at all on this. I usually beat my friends, but I wouldn't say I'm stellar.

• 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...