Rate the trophy difficulty...  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_55.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 5.68

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Xander45

• 11 months later...

Alright, well I just got the platinum not long ago and I'll go with 6. Some parts made me rage in Dead Souls mode and I did get fairly fatigued playing so much trying to level to 99, but overall it wasn't too difficult and not nearly as frustrating as doing all the minigames in Yakuza 3 in my opinion. I didn't have much trouble maybe because I'm hot off the heels of getting the plats for 3 and 4 and sort of knew the ins and outs, so maybe on average it would be a little more difficult.

Edited by vinterkrieg

All of these trophies are cake. Having a platinum on the import version I can tell you that all of this is a 3 at most. Only hard work is clearing dead souls mode and thats only for the fact that nothing from NG+ (Premium play) carries over to this difficulty.

• 2 weeks later...

Gave it a six. Not that hard, though Of the End/Dead Souls difficulty will provide a bit of a challenge, especially early on, just mostly time consuming (granted, I did everything in the game except for minigames).

Turret part in Part 4, Chapter 4 on Of the End/Dead Souls difficulty will cause many players to rage if they aren't suitably prepared.

I gave it a 3.

Its not like Yakuza 3 where there is a trophy for completing all of the mini games.

That one trophy would have made this game an 8.

As for Dead Souls mode, it's only tough when you are a low level and you encounter a large horde of zombies chasing you.

If you try to rush through Dead Souls, the game will be tough...but that is just self inflicted. If you grind with the first two characters by doing all of the sub stories and leveling up, you can then rush through the 2nd two characters without noticing a difference between normal and dead souls.

6. Easiest Yakuza game so far. Well 4 wasn't hard either but Amon in this one was real easy. Just have to stick close to the guy. Some of the bosses can be a hassle. Like the flying dude on Dead Souls, took me quite some tries till I got him. Those Dead Souls zombies kept swarming me to the point that I never could take a proper shot.

Pachinko is a pain in the ass trophy. Only discovered once the location for the briefcases and didn't got a get quick rich card even after hours of fishing . Luckily I did got one from the dude in the van, Shogi gave me a headache & you better be all prepared to reach subterranea lvl 50. Barely made it on my first try due to having way to little anti material rifle ammo (500).

I give it a 6. Dead Souls difficulty wasn't that difficult as long as you know what you are doing but can be pretty annoying especially when zombies gang rape you. I also feel that Amon was waaaay easier in this game than Yakuza 4. The Pachinko machine was kind of annoying especially since you didn't have an instant win item this time around. And leveling up to 99 was kind of a pain too. But overall despite some of it's flaws I found this game to be pretty enjoyable.

• 1 month later...

i just platinumed yakuza dead souls like 5 mins ago i gave it a 6 maniy because in chapter 4 part 4 when your shooting in the turnet on dead souls and ex hard difficulty because a few a anoyying trophies like pichrio wizard and etc easy platinum just super time couming since you have to beat it 3 times dead souls difficulty really isn't that hard if you just level up to level 50 before you really play it and get well perped like health amor etc

• 1 month later...

6/10

Well, it isn't really hard, on Dead Souls only QTE were really harder.

I don't understand what is really so hard at Basan. Beaten it easily with upgraded rifle (Liberator) Evaded his attack first, than attacked him. And it was easy to deal him great damage when he is going to call zombies.

Saying really I didn't even got to farm exp, most of chapters I got A or S, by doing 20lvl's for substories partners(for golden gun), substories, and subterranea I got needed exp.

For pachinko - It seems that European version got cheat items+packs of craft parts to take at Igita in Kamiyama's truck, thus I only got to take it and then go play, and wait for first jackpot.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

5 for molotow spam

the easiest of the yakuza plats so far but also the most frustrating

the controls suck,the camera sucks,the auto-lock-on is broken (you look in the direction of the enemy,press the lock-on button and the character decides to look to the next wall,wtf)

whenever you have slightly fun with the game it will say "fuck you player!" the moment you cross the next corner and being gangraped by aggros,monkeys and molotow zombies

terrible broken game,if you want a good shooter from the yakuza devs,check out binary domain,that's much more fun and the shooting actually work

• 1 month later...

I finally got the plat a few hours ago. I rated it a 6/10.

Easiest Yakuza plat so far, but it can be frustrating at times due to constant lag when there's a bunch of zombies or when the Fatties explode lol.

Dead Souls difficulty was slightly hard. The only annoying parts for me were the QTEs in the boss fights and the Onraki chase.

The Amon battle was a joke: Stun him, then unleash a few AMR rounds until he gets up, repeat till he's dead, it literally takes 2 minutes.

Also, I really got lucky with the Pachinko trophy (got it within a couple of hours) and the Underground Kings trophy (I reached the 73rd floor in my second run with no armor/accessories).

The remaining trophies are just time consuming (especially the Unsurpassed Power one). Overall, it's a moderate and time consuming plat (I got it in 100+ hours).

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Fortunately for EU version, we got the pachinko "Get Rich Quick" cheat item for free, so when you import the savegame you get 2, one per playthrough, and the 3000 balls are easy as hell. Otherway, I'd put a 6.

Dead Souls difficulty can be a pain in some segments. I really hated the turret section, damn. And if it werent for the trick posted here in this forum for the QTEs, for me it would be an 8... holy shit they give like 0,5s in DS mode, without cheating you need feline reflexes and coordination, or trying like a fool the same button praying to god its the correct one, lol.

Enjoyed this yakuza spinoff, though I'm really waiting for the next true yakuza sequel, love the brawling from the main saga.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Voted 4. If you complete the sidestories and get dragon flak vest on your dead souls playthrough, you will be overleveled with overpowered guns. For example, dreaded turret ride on chapter 4 was really easy at level 60+ with dragon flak vest + 5 tiger skin belts. I got through it on first try with quarter of vehicle health left although i managed to make the later onraki twitch only once and first one not at all.

The average difficulty of 6 is probably right if you just go through DS mode without leveling up at all.

Unlike on previous Yakuzas that got released in west, in this one the story is probably the hardest thing which makes it easiest of them to plat.

That said, its by far the worst, most boring, most repetitive, most frustrating and least fun one of them too. Cant recommend this to anyone that is not a diehard fan of the series.