Unsurpassed Power trophy question

Hi!

I've just finished my second playthroug and I'm in lvl 90. I was thinking about doing another playthroug to reach lvl 99 instead of spending hours killing Aggros with Amon's laser, which looks a little bit boring.

What do you guys recomend me?

Also I wanted to know if the difficulty affects the amount of experience you gain from killing zombies, mutants and prototypes. Does Extra Hard reward you with more points than Easy or is the same?

Thanks!

Edited by Livor_Mortiis

im not sure if difficulty changes xp since i managed to make it to max on my first file.

the fastest way to gain xp is to replay missions by loading up your premium adventure and talking to the shop owner with your character of choice and selecting missions that you didnt get an S rank on.

mainly the Goda and Kazuma missions since they will give you a lot of XP.

I played 2 Kazuma missions and i got a butt load of xp. the final mission being the main contributor.

for Goda i had 3 missions that werent S ranks so i did those.

after i did that, i was at 98 so i farmed for about 2 hours and made it to max.

I also made sure I used the yakuza training gear while doing all of the underground missions for each character and the endless underground 50 levels from naomi's place.

yeah...but it doesnt really matter what kind of mission.

lets say you killed a million zombies, it doesnt matter since you dont get xp from that...so dont bother wearing the training gear when replaying missions, use your best armor.

the downside is that you can only earn completion xp you havent received yet...so if you have an S in a mission, replaying it will be pointless since you will earn 0 xp.

lets say you have C rank and getting a B will give you 3000xp and if you play again and got an A you would get 4000xp....but lets say you had a C rank and on your first replay you got an A, you would get 7000 (the totals from B and A)

yeah...but it doesnt really matter what kind of mission.

lets say you killed a million zombies, it doesnt matter since you dont get xp from that...so dont bother wearing the training gear when replaying missions, use your best armor.

the downside is that you can only earn completion xp you havent received yet...so if you have an S in a mission, replaying it will be pointless since you will earn 0 xp.

lets say you have C rank and getting a B will give you 3000xp and if you play again and got an A you would get 4000xp....but lets say you had a C rank and on your first replay you got an A, you would get 7000 (the totals from B and A)

Understood. I guess you can check your rank before replaying a mission, right? I'll give it a try when I have some time.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

what you have to do is, load premium adventure, select your character and then talk to Asagi and select last adventure.

it will take him back to the way the game was for him in story mode...so Akiyama will be day time with a small infected area, goda will have night time with max infected area, kazuma will have night, max infected area and all of the shortcuts in the quarantine

what you have to do is, load premium adventure, select your character and then talk to Asagi and select last adventure.

it will take him back to the way the game was for him in story mode...so Akiyama will be day time with a small infected area, goda will have night time with max infected area, kazuma will have night, max infected area and all of the shortcuts in the quarantine

Thanks! I've tried what you told me but replaying missions is very slow and gives you very little xp (3000 or so). I did also some substories but is the same, slow and not too much reward.

It seems the Aggro Spec Ops is the fastest way...

Thanks for all the help :D

yeah, dont bother replaying akiyama and majima...you will get chump change.

just play any kazuma missions that you havent earned an S rank in...and the last 2 or 3 Goda missions.

I remember being mad at getting 5000 xp for one of Akiyama's long as missions...it was a waste of time.

Some Majima missions would give 7500...but that still isnt worth it.

I finished all yesterday, as soon as is possible I took the yakuza training gear from Hasegawa and always weared it till the end of my first play (hard mode), then I played the game in extra hard and without complete a single submission (I've done them in the first play) I reached level 99 at the end of the game, with 60.000 exp from the last boss

I finally did it!! The best way for me was to repeat Hasegawa's second Spec Op with Kiryu wearing the Yakuza Training Gear while talking to someone by the phone or doing something else so I didn't get bored :D

Thanks a lot Son-Ala for the help!! :dance:

Do you have an estimate of roughly how long that took? I am in a similar situation and is debating whether I should grind or just replay the game on easy or something

have you dedicated any time on completing extra activities and mini games?

I like to make my normal playthrough my main file....so this is where i do everything i can while playing naturally and then use premium adventure to do what i missed the first time around.

If i never did any extras on my first playthrough,on any game, i probably would have just continued my file on EX-Hard, reached max level and work on all the mini games on that file.

If you already started working on completing games and sub stories, I would just farm while wearing the yakuza training gear vest.

have you dedicated any time on completing extra activities and mini games?

I like to make my normal playthrough my main file....so this is where i do everything i can while playing naturally and then use premium adventure to do what i missed the first time around.

If i never did any extras on my first playthrough,on any game, i probably would have just continued my file on EX-Hard, reached max level and work on all the mini games on that file.

If you already started working on completing games and sub stories, I would just farm while wearing the yakuza training gear vest.

Mmm yea I have almost all the challenges done, so I guess it would be better if I just grind it out. Will I keep any exp earned from endless subterranean? I still need to hit lv 50 there

endless sub from Bob is a little different.

It's been a while...but i think you dont get any xp from killing the zombies....but you do get an xp reward whenever you're done and you talk to bob again.

there is a chance i might be wrong though. I remember using the yakuza training gear and powerstone bracelet and when my health was low I would switch to the dragon vest..so im guessing i was still earning xp, i just cant remember for sure.

a lot of those mini games from Bob reward you with a nice chunk of xp but it isnt fast xp.

• 2 weeks later...

i found another good spot for grinding,it's playing with kiryu,when you exit matsuya's on taihei street in the quarantine zone,take a few steps right,through the broken barricade and you can see 1 aggro,1 hermit and 1 diarrhea (or how they are called,lol) just use the satelite laser 2-3 times and they are gone,wearing the training gear you get 2.400 exp

pros

+ relative short loading times when entering and exiting matsuya's

+ no dialogues or menus to navigate through

+ can level up partners too (you can get them to lvl 20 in about 10 minutes)

+ unlike the 5 aggros it's reliable,there are no zombies around and the only damage you can take is when the hermit is starting to roll into you and you get hit by your own laser,though you can heal in matsuya's anytime you want

negs

- less exp per run,but it goes alot faster (~30 seconds per run,including entering and exiting load times)

Edited by jigsaw

i found another good spot for grinding,it's playing with kiryu,when you exit matsuya's on taihei street in the quarantine zone,take a few steps right,through the broken barricade and you can see 1 aggro,1 hermit and 1 diarrhea (or how they are called,lol) just use the satelite laser 2-3 times and they are gone,wearing the training gear you get 2.400 exp

pros

+ relative short loading times when entering and exiting matsuya's

+ no dialogues or menus to navigate through

+ can level up partners too (you can get them to lvl 20 in about 10 minutes)

+ unlike the 5 aggros it's reliable,there are no zombies around and the only damage you can take is when the hermit is starting to roll into you and you get hit by your own laser,though you can heal in matsuya's anytime you want

negs

- less exp per run,but it goes alot faster (~30 seconds per run,including entering and exiting load times)

There are a lot of different ways to do it. This method souns good.

If I hadn't got the trophy I would give this a try.

Yeah that's similar to how I did it, but I was around Kyushu No.1 Star Ramen. There's a fatty then over by Kiryu's subterranea mission there is an aggro, a crybaby and a hermit, then in the alley by the champion district there were several more guys a fatty, an aggro, and a monkey boy I think. I pretty much stayed in that area. I did the Aggro mission a few times but it was pretty boring and I'd often hit myself with the laser and didn't want to risk dying

Edited by Vapor_N4