petition started for yakuza hd collection and us kenzan

I took a peakaboo threw sega's yakuza forums and found someone started a petition to get sega to localize kenzan and make a yakuza hd collection

https://www.change.org/petitions/sega-expand-yakuza-in-america

hes only got 64 signatures... which kinda shocks me:think:

I even signed and i didn't see the number change any.

(if linking something like this isn't allowed go ahead and delete it.

I'll sign it. Have signed similar petitions in the past to get Yakuza titles released, have been playing the series since the 1st one on PS2. I'm a huge fan of both samurai epics and Ryu Ga Gotoku/Yakuza and so it would be a dream come true to see Kenzan localised. An HD version would be nice but I think that's far less likely than an english release for kenzan. Would be nice just to play the 1st one subtitled rather than dubbed to bring it in line with the other 4 that got a western release.

Edited by MISSINGNIN

here is an older Kenzan petition. I used to have this in my signature on here, but it didn't help much. it didnt really increase signatures and more of us on the official sega forum requested kenzan over ote but we still got ote. Plus with Yas leaving sega our chances of getting anything even Y5 are in serious doubt

ENGLISH TRANSLATION OF RYU GA GOTOKU KENZAN Petition

Edited by Vapor_N4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, it seems they are going to release Ryu ga Gotoku 1&2 HD edition, I hope they bring them to us like 3, 4 and Dead Souls.

About Kenzan, I don't know, maybe they release it in a future, who knows. Konami announced trophies for Metal Gear Solid 4 the other day after all these years, anything can happen!

so Yakuza 5 will become like Kenzan became only available in Japan?

I dunno. I really hope not. There haven't been any localization announcements regarding Y5 or Y1/2 HD not to mention Kenzan yet. SEGA's is in real financial trouble, they had to close SEGA Europe and Australia, and Yas is no longer with SEGA USA, so at this point it's not looking good.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Don't even joke about the fact that 5 and the HD collection wouldn't be brought to the west. It's my favorite exclusive series on the PS3 and having missed out on playing 1 & 2 (blame WoW), I was so thrilled to see a HD remake. And why wouldn't it be brought out to the west? They're already translated. So yeah obviously signed just in case.

I dunno. I really hope not. There haven't been any localization announcements regarding Y5 or Y1/2 HD not to mention Kenzan yet. SEGA's is in real financial trouble, they had to close SEGA Europe and Australia, and Yas is no longer with SEGA USA, so at this point it's not looking good.

via 6 degrees of Way of the Samurai 4 I came across this topic

just to clarify they didn't close Sega Europe they closed Sega France (Sega London is still open and even had a release today on the psn Hell Yeah Raving Wabbits thingie)

Sega France wouldn't be doing English localisation anyway it may come as a surprise to people but we do speak English in the UK so English localisation is still possible :whistle: