Voice Acting!

So, during the whole game whenever Asagi would be on screen, I'd always be thinking - "Man, they must have modeled her after Chiaki Kuriyama." Just finished the game, and lo and behold, it was her!

To those who dont know, Chiaki is probably best known as Gogo, O-Ren Ishii's spiked ball and chain wielding bodyguard in Kill Bill Vol.1. She also was Chigusa in Battle Royale, and starred in several other great Japanese films/tv shows. She was in Takashi Miike's The Great Yokai War, too.

And I noticed Pops (Goda's Chef master/father figure) was voiced by Renji Ishibashi. He was a constant staple in Takashi Miike's films in the late 90's to the mid 2000's, like Dead or Alive, Audition, The Great Yokai War, One Missed Call, etc. I totally geeked out on this:D

Thanks for letting we rattle off my dorkiness, but what can I say? I love Asian cinema! Especially yakuza films, Miike films and all the goodness that is South Korean cinema (Park Chan-Wook movies, Kim Ji-Woon films).

I recognised her too so i had to google it immediately after playing lol, and turns out its really gogo/chigusa. They did a great job modelling her (the nose gave her away:D).

Didn't knew about pops but looks like they spared no expense on the voiceactors, he's one of my favourite characters in dead souls.

I recognised her too so i had to google it immediately after playing lol, and turns out its really gogo/chigusa. They did a great job modelling her (the nose gave her away)

^This. The nose is what gave it away, for sure. And thats another reason I love Chiaki. Ive had a minicrush on her since I saw her in Battle Royale and I read an interview with her that really made me love her approach to herself. I cant quote it exactly, but interviewer ACTUALLY asked her about her nose and she said she would never change. She said she loves everything about herself, from her stunning beauty to her faults, and she said that what she is naturally is what defines her as a woman. :applause:

lol, it looks like the nose did it for all of us. the first time i saw her, i knew exactly who it was.

she has this nose that i would see in old 16th century traditional art....at it isnt something you see everyday.

another woman i saw with what i guess i call a "traditional" nose is the lady from the movie The Last Samurai. I dont remember her actual name or character name...but she played Ken Wantanabe's sister

Lot of the Yakuza characters are modeled after the voice actors; kind of fun to check 'em out just by Google-image-searching their voice actor name.

What also is cool is that Rio is not only an idol but an adult film idol as well (hostess from Yakuza 4). Also there were rumors of Shizuka (I believe?) getting into the same line of work as Rio.

Kind of shocking how much they look like their voice actors in a lot of situations.

...I think all of the hostesses are modeled after real Japanese idols, but I could be mistaken. Kind of otaku but it's what makes it fun to chat them up and eventually take them out on dates.

dd also looks like an really old lady, but dd is suposedly in his what 30's?

as for the hostesses, yeah every game they do tryouts for hostesses in japan to be modeled and put into the game. however i feel like whoever does the face modeling for the hostesses gives up about half way threw making them.

the only picture i can find thou of the irl girls is on joystick's website, however the image is small.

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/09/17/yakuza-of-the-end-designed-to-bring-shooter-fans-to-yakuza/

an article on chiaki

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/09/11/kill-bill-actress-starring-in-upcoming-yakuza-game/

Edited by dargondarkfire

I was told by an online friend that Peter happens to be a tranny after I told him that I couldn't tell if DD was actually a woman or man.

Peter is a japanese actor whose real name is Shinnosuke Ikehata (池畑慎之介). He appeared in the film "Ran" by Akira Kurosawa as the jester of the king and yeah, he is some kind of famous tranny actor in Japan.

One of the things I like from the Ryu ga Gotoku series is that most of the characters are real actors. My favourite one is the actor Terajima Susumu in Ryu ga Gotoku Kenzan!

http://img355.imageshack.us/img355/7445/20071204me00009044372df6.jpg

He appears in a lot of Takeshi Kitano's and Takashi Miike's films and is one of my favorite japanese actors.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-DK33E28voHE/Tt7Jv36VbKI/AAAAAAAACkc/Fzwe1X1EgsI/s1600/54915378.jpg

It seems that Kyriu doesn't have a real model actor. What a pitty, he is cool!

One of the things I like from the Ryu ga Gotoku series is that most of the characters are real actors. My favourite one is the actor Terajima Susumu in Ryu ga Gotoku Kenzan!

http://img355.imageshack.us/img355/7445/20071204me00009044372df6.jpg

He appears in a lot of Takeshi Kitano's and Takashi Miike's films and is one of my favorite japanese actors.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-DK33E28voHE/Tt7Jv36VbKI/AAAAAAAACkc/Fzwe1X1EgsI/s1600/54915378.jpg

Totally forgot about him! He was Suzuki in Ichi the Killer AND Inoue in Dead or Alive! Hes been in a bunch of other greats, too (taboo, izo, etc.) but those stick out.

Need to rewatch Dead or Alive trilogy ASAP. Without a doubt, one of the greatest trilogies ever. I mean, the first one? The ending? BEST. ENDING. EVER. And how DoA2 is such the polar opposite. Such a beautiful, emotional film. For my money, Riki Takeuchi + Sho Aikawa might be my favorite tandem in movie history.

Sho Aikawa was very funny in Tokyo Zombie. Also Suzuki, the character of Susumu Terajima in Ichi the Killer was funny, poor guy :D

Takashi Miike is a good director who makes a lot of movies, I think he made like 11 movies just in one year. Most of them use to be low cost movies, but he has some real good ones, like for example 13 Assassins, Ichi the Killer or Audition. I haven't seen all of his films, so I must check them when I have some time.

Visitor Q was one of the weirdest films I've ever seen, but it has something that makes it special.

This topic is starting to look like a japanese movies forum lol.