Kiryu & Asagi vs. Onraki Prototype Help

Maybe there is something that I am missing here, but on the extra hard difficulty, I cannot make this guy pain flinch.

Even with perfectly-executed combos while he is raising his hands, he still won't flinch. To make matters worse, I can't even slow him down when he is headbutting the car.

This tells me there is some spot or location that I need to hit him, but it's not the weakness on his chest since it doesn't do crap when I shoot the hell out of it.

I must be missing some key element. Anybody here that can enlighten me? :whistle: I had no problem making him flinch on hard mode.

This tells me there is some spot or location that I need to hit him, but it's not the weakness on his chest since it doesn't do crap when I shoot the hell out of it.

You have to shoot its weak spot like you said so yourself. It's hard when he is chasing you, but you have to shoot it and slow it down at least once or you can't survive the second blow.

If you are unsure whether you hit the weak spot or not, turn up your volume. The weak spot when shot makes a different, louder voice.

Stack as much DEF as you can on your character. Believe it or not, it reduces the damage you take during that part as well, and makes a huge difference when doing it on Dead Souls.

Really? I'll definitely keep that in mind. Thanks.

Finished this bit on Dead Souls last night, and couldn't make sense of it. Sometimes I seemed to be doing things right, sometimes not, and there was no connection that I could see between my actions and my health bar. When I finally did nail it (after five or six tries), I was one hit away from death, the Prototype was just bringing his fists down for the finishing blow, and there was a molotov cocktail flying toward me.

It doesn't work, you can hit the weak spot over and over, draining his health to 0 20 seconds before the end of the section he still won't flinch. Also, you have to have a save 2 sub-chapters before to even be able to change your armour. I've got Yakuza Training Gear on and only a save for the beginning of the level..

there is no difference to how much damage the Onraki does between me wearing 40 def in Dead Souls mode and 5 def in Extra-Hard by the way.

I've done this bit 10 times in a row now on Extra-Hard now and not managed to make him flinch once no matter what I di. I even tried taking off all his armour :p

Edited by groo

Just ONE time, the Onraki flinched right at the beginning of his second appearance and never caught up during the chase. I finished the level with most of my health left and got S S S S B S :p This level really is a stupid pain in the onraki.

To make the Onraki flinch, you have to deal a certain amount of damage to it by shooting its weak spot. I'm not sure if Armor increases your defense in the truck but the Armor effects and Accessories you wear DOES effect your damage output.

I didn't understand why I got stuck here on Extra Hard when I finished it easily on Dead Souls mode. The only difference is that I was wearing normal defensive armor on Dead Souls and in Extra Hard I had the Yakuza Training Gear and 2x Rookie Amulets, which 'increases defense over offense'. I removed them and did it without any armor or accessories and noticed I did more damage and it flinched more easily.

Invest in the Dragon armor (Majima's Underground mission I think).

Making him flinch: Just focus on the Head.

And to tenike1's point above, do not wear anything that will lower you hit value.

***Note if you are playing this on Dead Souls mod it is almost impossible to make him filch.

• 2 weeks later...

it sure does. a lot of folks say dont bother with the underground missions since the ultimate vest was enough protection....but i still did majima's underground missions for the dragon vest.

it's easy too. first mission i played normally....but that just takes a lot of time since you are extra cautious. his 2nd mission i just ran through everything, only having to kill zombies once in a while and this went by really quick.

its your choice on what armor you wish to use.

• 3 months later...

I'm sorry but I think this part of the game is totally screwed. I haven't had any problem with Dead Souls difficulty. I never got any armor because i didn't need it. My only other save is in purgatory and this one. I only have a pair of gauntlets; the hell was I supposed to know about this?!

It's not just the damage to take: why the hell is the first onraki fight timed? I took all his health with 30 seconds left and I have to just sit here and let him hit me until it's over. Ridiculous and terrible

I'm sorry but I think this part of the game is totally screwed. I haven't had any problem with Dead Souls difficulty. I never got any armor because i didn't need it. My only other save is in purgatory and this one. I only have a pair of gauntlets; the hell was I supposed to know about this?!

It's not just the damage to take: why the hell is the first onraki fight timed? I took all his health with 30 seconds left and I have to just sit here and let him hit me until it's over. Ridiculous and terrible

You got to this point without any armor? Wow that's...impressive. Hopefully you can get through this, its very hard to stun Onraki when he is slamming you on Dead Souls, I did it today with just a sliver of health left and that was with 33 DEF...good luck

• 5 weeks later...

i just made it in dead souls mode without any armor, and its true, if u r wearing the yakuza training gear, onraki is immposible to beat.

i just quit wearing the training gear and i made him finch 5 times on dead souls mode, just aim the weak point on his chest and dont stop shooting.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Don't know if someone still read this, but i also could beat the car chase part without using armor, on the Dead Souls difficulty. Just putting this here in the case of someone did not save in different slots and don't have the armor in this part, don't give your save because you can beat without armor. It is hard but not impossible.