Yakuza 5 US version delayed

ResidentEvil657

• 2 weeks later...
that's just lame. all because they wanted to add in extra location footage.

Aslo heard there were going to add all the DLC for yakuza 5 i believe they said in a video on PlayStation YouTube

But ya am still bumped that it got delayed was going to be one of my big games for summer besides batman AK

Edited by ResidentEvil657

Aslo heard there were going to add all the DLC for yakuza 5 i believe they said in a video on PlayStation YouTube

But ya am still bumped that it got delayed was going to be one of my big games for summer besides batman AK

ya i dont know what they filmed, i'v been watching gio gosri's "i think is his name' twitter sence he's behind bringing it over and on april 14 he said they just got back from filming extra stuff and just starting the dubbing. so they are taking their time with it, and ya i'v been waiting for it sence they first said it. just find it lame that they first said it at last year's e3 and been taking them all this time for it. sure i'll be happy with all the extra stuff but they never said extra stuff, just a simple porting needing dub or sub. it now makes me fear just how much they are gona try to charge for it. sure people want it and will pay but they cant really put a full price tag on it when it's year's old allready.

ya i dont know what they filmed, i'v been watching gio gosri's "i think is his name' twitter sence he's behind bringing it over and on april 14 he said they just got back from filming extra stuff and just starting the dubbing. so they are taking their time with it, and ya i'v been waiting for it sence they first said it. just find it lame that they first said it at last year's e3 and been taking them all this time for it. sure i'll be happy with all the extra stuff but they never said extra stuff, just a simple porting needing dub or sub. it now makes me fear just how much they are gona try to charge for it. sure people want it and will pay but they cant really put a full price tag on it when it's year's old allready.

Thanks for telling me that i didn't know that and it basically sounds like we are getting the game of year edition with all the DLC and extra stuff and ya they announced yakuza 5 coming outside Japan in December 2014 at the PlayStation experience i believe so its been over half a year since they announced it coming out in Q3 of 2015 witch is around summer time but ya i know its a huge game so maybe thats why its coming out later maybe if it was just a straight port it almost be out since it come back in December 2012 in Japan luckily i played yakuza 5 have the Japanese copy but don't understand Japanese so i really love to play yakuza 5 again so i can understand it and plat it and just because I've been craving a yakuza game to play lately

Thanks for telling me that i didn't know that and it basically sounds like we are getting the game of year edition with all the DLC and extra stuff and ya they announced yakuza 5 coming outside Japan in December 2014 at the PlayStation experience i believe so its been over half a year since they announced it coming out in Q3 of 2015 witch is around summer time but ya i know its a huge game so maybe thats why its coming out later maybe if it was just a straight port it almost be out since it come back in December 2012 in Japan luckily i played yakuza 5 have the Japanese copy but don't understand Japanese so i really love to play yakuza 5 again so i can understand it and plat it and just because I've been craving a yakuza game to play lately

ya i'v been a fan of the game's for sometime now and enjoy them all. love the open world of it much like shenmu. i am intrested in what all they did film sence it's takeing the etra time. the only real upside is all the dlc out of the wait. i dont think i have ever imported a game just because of not being able to fully understand them and read them.

ya i'v been a fan of the game's for sometime now and enjoy them all. love the open world of it much like shenmu. i am intrested in what all they did film sence it's takeing the etra time. the only real upside is all the dlc out of the wait. i dont think i have ever imported a game just because of not being able to fully understand them and read them.

Same been a fan since yakuza 1 maybe They'll tell us what the extra stuff is in there developler story thing there doing on PlayStation YouTube i believe they still have like 2 videos left to do for it.

And ya i started importing the yakuza games since yakuza 5 since i thought they where done coming outside Japan i have yakuza 5 yakuza kenzen yakuza ishin and the yakuza HD collection for my import yakuza games only need the psp games and yakuza zero then i have every yakuza game i believe and i get them to so i won't have to wait forever to come outside Japan to play them .

I still get the them anyway if more come out outside Japan anyway

Edited by ResidentEvil657

Same been a fan since yakuza 1 maybe They'll tell us what the extra stuff is in there developler story thing there doing on PlayStation YouTube i believe they still have like 2 videos left to do for it.

And ya i started importing the yakuza games since yakuza 5 since i thought they where done coming outside Japan i have yakuza 5 yakuza kenzen yakuza ishin and the yakuza HD collection for my import yakuza games only need the psp games and yakuza zero then i have every yakuza game i believe and i get them to so i won't have to wait forever to come outside Japan to play them .

I still get the them anyway if more come out outside Japan anyway

ya i think my first import will probably be .hack vs, cause i heard most of it has english txt to it and it's a fighter so pretty easy enuff to know what to do lol.

lol correction i just looked at my game's and do have a few import's but only import's of game's that are in the usa and i wanted the steel book from them like bad company 1, other then that i imported battle vs chess cause i loved that game on pc age's ago. i just wish they would put english sub's in more of their's game's, i dont mind reading them to understand but with big story game's like yakuza, if ya cant read them then you lose alot out of the story much less the side mish's and not knowing what to do lol.

ya i think my first import will probably be .hack vs, cause i heard most of it has english txt to it and it's a fighter so pretty easy enuff to know what to do lol.

lol correction i just looked at my game's and do have a few import's but only import's of game's that are in the usa and i wanted the steel book from them like bad company 1, other then that i imported battle vs chess cause i loved that game on pc age's ago. i just wish they would put english sub's in more of their's game's, i dont mind reading them to understand but with big story game's like yakuza, if ya cant read them then you lose alot out of the story much less the side mish's and not knowing what to do lol.

Ya shockingly i beat yakuza 5 Japanese version most of the time they tell you where to go when they don't you have to talk to someone do something thankfully i had a friend tell what do it when it came to that but still didn't understand the story so i for sure get the usa version of yakuza 5 when its out to fully enjoy it whenever that is most likely around Christmas time witch sucks

Ya shockingly i beat yakuza 5 Japanese version most of the time they tell you where to go when they don't you have to talk to someone do something thankfully i had a friend tell what do it when it came to that but still didn't understand the story so i for sure get the usa version of yakuza 5 when its out to fully enjoy it whenever that is most likely around Christmas time witch sucks

yep. allthou sony is bringing it over, it's still sega's game and they will try to milk as much cash out of it as possible so christmas would make sence but still piss me off for takeing so long.

yep. allthou sony is bringing it over, it's still sega's game and they will try to milk as much cash out of it as possible so christmas would make sence but still piss me off for takeing so long.

Same i hope it comes out October or November but it most likely be out in November or December just my gruess they dont really do any marketing for this game at least outside Japan same with the milking they might do that in japan but it takes so long for us to get it doesn't feel that way

I might have been miffed about the delay, but since we just had a vague '3rd quarter' for a window I'm not. 3rd quarter could have been as late as September (and as my last post in the other topic said, I was expecting such when no date had yet been specified) and fall overlaps with it, so really it's just an extra month or two: October or November, MAYBE (but highly unlikely) early December. If they were aiming for Christmas they'd probably just say so.

As for price, I'm not keeping up on what bonus content they're adding- maybe for some kind of collector's edition? Do they do that for digital releases? On the subject of price though, SEGA seems to be one of the few companies NOT to charge the usual $60 price tag for new games... At least, I bought Sonic Generations at midnight launch for $50. I don't know if that's their standard though, especially for a game big as Yakuza.

I might have been miffed about the delay, but since we just had a vague '3rd quarter' for a window I'm not. 3rd quarter could have been as late as September (and as my last post in the other topic said, I was expecting such when no date had yet been specified) and fall overlaps with it, so really it's just an extra month or two: October or November, MAYBE (but highly unlikely) early December. If they were aiming for Christmas they'd probably just say so.

As for price, I'm not keeping up on what bonus content they're adding- maybe for some kind of collector's edition? Do they do that for digital releases? On the subject of price though, SEGA seems to be one of the few companies NOT to charge the usual $60 price tag for new games... At least, I bought Sonic Generations at midnight launch for $50. I don't know if that's their standard though, especially for a game big as Yakuza.

i belive i picked up both yakuza 4 and dead souls for 60 when they first came out and it's being said that yakuza 5 will have all the dlc with it. my only thought is allthou it's new to network and other country's, it's still pretty old and 2 game's behind in the franchise so i dont belive it should have a full value price tag on it. the collector's edition for digi they have been doing lately with like call of duty and battlefield, so that wont shock me. they did not set a date and i agree that a few more month's wont be a biggy, i forget just when they said it but they did state summer at one time. i belive it was when they first said it and put 4 and souls on the network.

i forget just when they said it but they did state summer at one time.

Summer and 3rd quarter are pretty much the same thing in North America. Summer officially ends in September, so 3rd quarter is a little bit longer of a window.

As for the price, whatever it is, I don't feel charging the standard new price is unjustified. Most stuff doesn't get released at the same time everywhere: games, movies, books, shows... so everything is 'new' relative to the region. We're talking anything from days, weeks, months, or years- the time between releases typically depends on any efforts needed to bring things up to snuff, like in this case translating, which is a pretty big deal. You could still say it's a new release since it's the first version of Yakuza 5 to have English subtitles. Or you could just view it like a special edition rerelease.

• 1 month later...

I guess I'll post in this topic.

PS3's Open-World, Crime-Themed Yakuza 5 Will Cost $40 - GameSpot

Holy shit. To summarize the link, Y5 will be $40, with a further 15% off if you preorder. And here I thought $50 would have been a great price. No date yet though. I wasn't going to jump straight in but now I might (I was gonna do a 1-4 marathon first.)

Time to represent Yakuza in North America guys (I only recently got into them- 2013.) I know there's a rumor about a physical release for Asia that MIGHT have English subtitles, but if you only buy import, you're not supporting Yakuza in North America. If you must have a physical copy for posterity, you can wait and get a cheaper used copy later (importing is already expensive.)

If I'm reading the PlayStation Store entry correctly, it comes out on New Year's Eve. Also, it looks like the rumour about an English Asian version didn't come to pass, so it looks like we Anglophones are downloading. If, against all odds, the English Asian release actually does come to pass, chanced are the trophies will stack anyway.

If I'm reading the PlayStation Store entry correctly, it comes out on New Year's Eve. Also, it looks like the rumour about an English Asian version didn't come to pass, so it looks like we Anglophones are downloading. If, against all odds, the English Asian release actually does come to pass, chanced are the trophies will stack anyway.

Placeholder

I sure hope so, because that would be pretty damn late, certainly not 'fall'. The article said 'no date' so I doubt there is a official date if it wasn't announced at the same time as the pricing... Unless whoever wrote the article just forgot to put that info in. On that note, it's also possible the discount is actually a sale and not preorder-specific.

It's not on the UK store yet. I wonder how much it will cost here. I might have to buy some US credit if it follows the usual regional pricing.

I think it might be £30 and 15% off for pre order or something similar so maybe they realised a GBP and Dollar isnt the same thing finally. Im not sure tho cos I dont see it on there yet either.