Challenges

Yadilie

4th Challenge? You mean the one where you have weapons? The knuckles' circle attack rips him up and the swords work wonders on counter-hits.

If you seriously can't beat him, just get to flashing red health and I think on that Challenge you'll have Auto-Heat charging so you can just run away until you enter Heat mode and hit him with a weapon Heat action from a distance.

About Komaki. I won all the tournamets and haven't beat him. I mean I fought him but lost. I wonder if I have to beat him to get any other trophy or to triger some substory later in game?

Only trophy that is related to the coliseum matches is the Legendary Champion (S) trophy.

There is one challenge I'm struggling with. It's the fifth of Challenge row in which you have to defeat six or seven enemies with one hit. How can I do that? I can't figure it out:/

The guys all stand still and can be pushed when you walk into them.

Equip your spear then walk into the thin guys and try to shove them all together with the fat guys, watch out for the fat guys though as one hit from them is enough to nearly kill you. When you've gotten all the skinny guys bunched with the fat guys, quickly run into the middle and use the Spear's circle button attack.

anyone got tips for the 2nd ultimate challenge? i always end up with half my health bar when i get to Mine (wish i had more weapons.. )

I also had trouble with that one. Maybe you haven't noticed but during the last fight your HEAT gauge slowly increase even if you don't attack. I recommend running around and waiting till it's full and then perform some special attack on him with any of weapons. When he turns blue and recharges his energy choose any weapon and attack him till he stops - by that you should get another HEAT. When he stops being colorful, be prepared for his high-air kick which you have to dodge. You should also complete QTE perfectly because you can loose a lot of health if you mess up - and this will also do a nice damage to him.

This will take some time but it's very easy that way.

Edited by wichor1

This thread is about the 35 challenges in the Ultimate Skill Mode, right? (Just making sure.)

I've played a couple, and I see it is rank-based. I know the trophy requirement says "complete all challenges in Ultimate Skill mode after beating the game" but what is the deal? Do I have to get an "S" rank for all matches to unlock them all, or do you just have to not fail them in order to play all 35?

Is there a certain grade that is the bare minimum, or is the rule just to not die? Thanks in advance for all assistance.

Edited by zamboni

yea as soon the battle starts grab the bank on your left & hit around, when it breaks grab the other one & do the same, or do some heat actions like the essence of rolling (quickstep->quickstep roll towards enemy & triangle)

edit: wait i think you dont have 'the essence of rolling' in this fight (low level), just use triangle shortly before you get hit (in blue heat mode), but you can fill heat up really easy with the bank.

Edited by Chopin6868

You can check all the moves going into Upgrades and pressing :triangle:. I'm sure you will find most of the moves which you have to perform.

I think that in this challenge you have to do some move with a blade: to perform it you have to run toward the group of enemies and press :triangle: - needs HEAT. And then another one with the blade needs to be done on enemy who is close to the wall - needs HEAT as well.

some are environmental (like standing near a wall), and you have to be in heat mode.

im sure all moves are listed usually but one time i had some kind of glitch were it showed not all moves (on the wrestling challenge), but next time it was back to normal.

many of the cinema moves are sword-moves so just look in weapon-moves menu

Any tips for the Grudge Round 5 match against Mine? Limited life bar and lacking most of my normal moves, I keep getting my ass handed to me.

Just finished him. I did it by quickly sidestepping his initial attack, taking out the dagger and just going to town on him for a bit, then running away and darting back for the odd punch or two. Then after the QTE, take out the knuckles and perform a bunch of circle attacks on him. After this, you should just need a couple of punches before your HEAT attack.

The most important thing is to make sure to try and limit the damage you take - if he's glowing it may just be better to run away and wait until he returns to normal. I managed to do it with about 50% of my lifebar left by being cautious and using the weapons well.

Then after the QTE, take out the knuckles and perform a bunch of circle attacks on him. After this, you should just need a couple of punches before your HEAT attack.

Ah, see that made the difference. I didn't get to the QTE the first eight hundred times, but once I start running away from Super Saiyan Mine instead of fighting him I triggered the QTE and it was all downhill from there. Thanks!

Now if only I can get past this goddamn chase battle. =/

EDIT: Never mind, I got him. Super Mack is a dick.

Edited by Lord Maim

Alright, the only one I have left is Ultimate Challenge 2, and again Mine is kicking my ass. What is it with this guy and murdering me.

wichor1 had a good tip for me on that, as soon your health bar flashes red your heat will build up slowly, you can run in circles and dodge till a heat action becomes available (takes some time but works good)

wichor1 had a good tip for me on that, as soon your health bar flashes red your heat will build up slowly, you can run in circles and dodge till a heat action becomes available (takes some time but works good)

Just beat him myself by running away the whole time. If you do get seriously close to being beaten, you can use L3+R3 to regain some health (when in heat mode) - after one shot of this, you should still be flashing red and able to build up heat, but you won't be quite so close to dying. P.S. Took me 38 minutes in total:D