Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z Collectible Guide

http://i.imgur.com/Bb9CJk4l.jpg

Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z Collectible Guide

This guide and videos uploaded here are created by me (DevilRyuujin). Please don't use without my permission.

There is a total of 28 collectibles in the entire game. Most collectibles are in plain sight and you shouldn't have much trouble collecting them. There are some that are hidden very well and you will have to trigger something for them. You will need to rely on Cyber Retina to scan areas well enough to find breakable walls. After you collect everything, you'll unlock the following trophies:

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/1728/662.jpg Flower Power (S)

Collect all the health shards.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/1728/78B.jpg Cold Shard Cash (S)

Collect all the elemental shards.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/1728/AB1.jpg Too Many Words (S)

Collect all of the story collectibles.

Collectible Breakdown:

http://i.imgur.com/5jcgqHYs.jpg Story Pieces - These are brief journal entries that relate to the characters in the story. The color of these collectibles are purple. There are 25 story pieces across the entire game.

http://i.imgur.com/SOVJRtBs.jpg Health Shards - These pieces have a flower emblem on them and increase your maximum health bar. There are 16 health shards across the entire game.

http://i.imgur.com/ZQy5cFMs.jpg Fire Shards - Orange color shards that have a fire emblem on them. These shards increase resistance to fire attacks. There are 4 fire shards to collect.

http://i.imgur.com/0JNW73As.jpg Bile Shards - Green color shards that have a cloud emblem on them. These shards increase resisitance to bile attacks. There are only 4 bile shards to collect.

http://i.imgur.com/lBN8Isxs.jpg Electrical Shards - Blue color shards with a lightning bolt emblem on them. These shards increase resistance to electrical attacks. Also there are only 4 electrical shards to collect.

Enjoy!!!

See here for a playlist (credit to VGFAQ):

Mission 1:

Collectible Total - 5

Story Pieces - 2/2

1/2 - In area where Grenadier is first introduced. Look in the small room.

2/2 - In between a space. You will see this as you do ninja platforming.

Health Shards - 2/2

1/2 - Hard to miss, it will be in plain sight near a crashed helicopter.

2/2 - Hidden very well. It's behind some pipes after you first encounter with PunchDrunk zombie.

Fire Shards - 1/1

1/1 - In plain sight, after crossing the gap from previous health shard.

Bile Shards - 0/0

Electrical Shards - 0/0

Mission 2:

Collectible Total - 10

Story Pieces - 5/5

1/5 - Area before graveyard, behind a breakable wall inside tomb.

2/5 - Next area after defeating Zombride. You'll see a zombie urinating. It's beside him.

3/5 - Inside bay on roof-like setting. You must killed Zombride during that arena on the rooftops and just save that weapon for switch.

4/5 - Beginning of basement area. Hard to miss.

5/5 - In hallway that split into 2 paths. Take the one where you see a door-like wall. Behind it.

Health Shards - 3/3

1/3 - Hidden behind a breakable wall. Use Cyber Retina after first encounter with Sidesplitter zombie.

2/3 - After defeating Zombride, as you ninja platforming, drop down to the balcony and continue backwards.

3/3 - In the area where the Burning Stiff zombies are introduced. Use Cyber Retina and use fire zombie to break barrier.

Fire Shards - 1/1

1/1 - Behind breakable wall on roof-like setting. Same area as Story Piece 3/5.

Bile Shards - 0/0

Electrical Shards - 1/1

1/1 - After the small battle with Zombrides and Burning Stiffs, ninja platform to next area, hard to miss...

Mission 3:

Collectible Total - 10

Story Pieces - 5/5

1/5 - At begining of level. Hard to miss...

2/5 - After Blister Sister zombie is introduced and beaten, don't leave the area yet. Jump on platform and it's behind those bile crystals.

3/5 - Same area as Health Shard 2/2, but you need to go all the way back where you came from.

4/5 - Area where you need to get past a huge fan. The left side on the first floor holds this piece.

5/5 - Area before furnace room, as you're sliding down pipes, you'll need to press :triangle: near the end.

Health Shards - 2/2

1/2 - After ninja platforming and you're entering the sewers. It's behind you.

2/2 - Area where you blind the two-headed baby, you need to combine bile and fire to break around this garbage.

Fire Shards - 0/0

Bile Shards - 2/2

1/2 - Same area as Story Piece 2/5.

2/2 - Room where 2 pipes are opposite to one another. They both have bile crystals that blocks your path. The one of the left holds this shard.

Electrical Shards - 1/1

1/1 - As you're ninja platforming, you'll be ambushed by Holy Roaster zombie. It's behind this door that you need to punch.

Edited by Terminator
Removed some dead videos.

Mission 4:

Collectible Total - 14

Story Pieces - 7/7

1/7 - Near beginning. 2nd level platform. Need to ninja platform to reach it.

2/7 - Tricky... In area with bile and steam shoots. Let the 1st steam push you off and then you have to ninja platform to reach this piece.

3/7 - Same area as Health Shard 2/5, continue back and jump to platform, climb stairs then punch switch to open door to this piece.

4/7 - As you're ninja platforming, it's hard to miss this. Area where steam and flames burst out of pipes.

5/7 - Same area as Health Shard 4/5, you need to find wall on right side that you can run up on platform to get piece.

6/7 - Same area as above but after you progress a bit, it's at the end of the hall behind barrier. Need fire zombie to burn it down.

7/7 - After ninja platforming you enter a hallway before the big boss battle. Turn around, it's behind you.

Health Shards - 5/5

1/5 - When you're trying to power on train station, it's behind door. Need to punch switch.

2/5 - After defeating the robot dog, grab electric zombie to power up door to the left, it's behind this door.

3/5 - Behind some explosive barrels. Area where they compare Momiji ninpo to C4 explosives.

4/5 - During the splice of life arena, you need to find a wall on left side that you can run to break glass. The Shard is behind it.

5/5 - Hidden area after the arena. You'll notice a propane storage. Blow it up and it will break open a wall for you to ninja platform on. Shard is below.

Fire Shards - 1/1

1/1 - In small hidden well on the next story of the building. You need to jump to 2nd level then ninja platform and break glass to get this shard.

Bile Shards - 0/0

Electrical Shards - 1/1

1/1 - Hidden well. After fighting clowns and Holy Roasters, you'll progress normally up a sign and land on next level of building. Instead of going forward, turn around. Cross the gap for this shard.

Mission 5:

Collectible Total - 3

Story Pieces - 1/1 - Last collectible in this mission, impossible to miss.

Health Shards - 1/1 - 2nd part where you need to stun Hayabusa again. You need to drop to lower level and combine bile and fire to incinerate this garbage. Shard is inside.

Fire Shards - 0/0

Bile Shards - 0/0

Electrical Shards - 1/1 - First area behind metal door. Need to punch switch.

Mission 6:

Collectible Total - 11

Story Pieces - 5/5

1/5 - After taking down first engine, ninja platform but press :triangle: after 2nd jump. It's hidden.

2/5 - It's near the last engine past the switch that drops bile zombies. In plain sight.

3/5 - Behind you in hallway you have to ninja platform to get to. You'll be ambush here so try not to forget about the piece.

4/5 - After fighting the terrible twos (giant 2 headed babies). Hard to miss.

5/5 - Right before the hardest arena, in a pile of garbage

Health Shards - 3/3

1/3 - As you're ninja platforming from inside a pipe, that the path where you see a huge bile crystal. Break it...

2/3 - After that massive arena where it lets you use rockets, use your Cyber Retina to find 2 walls. Break open wall to the left for shard.

3/3 - In same area as Story Piece 4/5

Fire Shards - 1/1

1/1 - It's hidden but very obvious what to do, you'll need a bile zombie and throw him on huge fan to crystalize it and break it open to get this shard.

Bile Shards - 2/2

1/2 - Beginning inside of garbage. Explore...

2/2 - After you obtain your new core, take elevator to room and its in a pile of garbage.

Electrical Shards - 0/0

Mission 7:

Collectible Total - 0

Story Pieces - 0/0

Health Shards - 0/0

Fire Shards - 0/0

Bile Shards - 0/0

Electrical Shards - 0/0

Edited by Terminator
Removed a dead video.

A few things:

Mission 2:

There's a Story Piece to be found in the 'arena' where you see a zombie...humping on the roof. You fight 1 Thunder Lady plus a group of zombies.

You'll need a Spinal Zap to shock the panel next to the zombie in order to get the Story Piece.

I tried to follow what was posted here but I needed that weapon.

Mission 3:

The last story piece seems to elude me. Is it found at the very bottom of the QTE Platforming when I punch the bile crystal?

A few things:

Mission 2:

There's a Story Piece to be found in the 'arena' where you see a zombie...humping on the roof. You fight 1 Thunder Lady plus a group of zombies.

You'll need a Spinal Zap to shock the panel next to the zombie in order to get the Story Piece.

I tried to follow what was posted here but I needed that weapon.

Mission 3:

The last story piece seems to elude me. Is it found at the very bottom of the QTE Platforming when I punch the bile crystal?

mission 2 - you need to just cyber punch the switch on the door to open bay. you don't need to use spinal zap on zombie humping generator.

(at least i didn't need too)

mission 3 - no, there a zombie inside pipe you before u exit. this zombie holds that story piece so press :triangle: near the end.

Thanks for the guide!

I have a question about Level 3's Story Pieces.

I was missing the 3rd Piece you can pick up in that level, the one where you have to backtrack as far as you can in the sewer tunnel after blinding the baby with a bile zombie.

I went back for it and picked it up but it didn't register "normally". Know how it pops up above the save icon in the lower right, telling you what you picked up? That Story Piece is the only Collectible that didn't do that for me. I even started a new game, and it didn't pop up either time even though I grabbed it.

On my new game though, I just noticed that I picked up 6 Story Pieces in that level even though there are only supposed to be 5.

Level 3, just before backtracking in the tunnel with the 3rd Story Piece, there's a little area off to the left that's across from the crystalized grate you had to break through. That's where I got a 3rd Story Piece initially. Did you come across a 6th Story Piece?

Well I tried to open it with the punch but it never opened. I held L1 and it showed the sign for electricity.

Will try again later today tho.

Ok, you're right... You do need the spinal zap for that particular piece. I confused myself for all the other ones.

You must killed Zombride during that arena on the rooftops and just save that weapon for bay area.

Great work mate! thanks for this. I'm going to start the game tonight/tomorrow and the video comes really helpful!...

btw, in avg terms of normal difficulty, how is this game? is hard like the series? or a tinny less??

well the lesser difficulties are easy...

the hardest difficulty is brutal and unfair even for me. im trying to make a walkthrough of how to survive it though.

im working on trophy guide as well.

I'm biting my teeth out on Hell mode. Unfair is just the first name ... Make sure u plan well ahead. F.e. Instead of abusing the elemental sub weapons, hold on to them to make your life easier vs large mixed groups.

yeah im on last boss fight for trophy. i quit after making it to his eye lasers part and he instantly kills me. i just needed to burn one more eye out and would of been done with this crap. that was a slap in my face.

mission 6 is still the hardest. when i beat it, it shows that i died 89 times lol.

i abused the combo :square: :square: :circle: on everything... very effective.

yeah im on last boss fight for trophy. i quit after making it to his eye lasers part and he instantly kills me. i just needed to burn one more eye out and would of been done with this crap. that was a slap in my face.

mission 6 is still the hardest. when i beat it, it shows that i died 89 times lol.

i abused the combo :square: :square: :circle: on everything... very effective.

Mission 6 is still ahead of me :think: I am currently busy with Ryus 2nd phase. That's exactly one of the two combos I am abusing. The second one (from distance) is :circle: :square: :square: :square:

Did you already beat arcade mode?

Mission 6 is still ahead of me :think: I am currently busy with Ryus 2nd phase. That's exactly one of the two combos I am abusing. The second one (from distance) is :circle: :square: :square: :square:

Did you already beat arcade mode?

yeah thats good combo too...

Ryu 2nd phase was tough but after learning the timing of his attacks he becomes pretty easy. i didn't suffer with him, just mission 6 got on my nerves. i made videos of them for the walkthrough im working on.

No, the arcade mode is terrible. i made it to stage 2 and died... its too cheap and so small to do anything but get killed. you only have 3 lives for that bs so i hope its only 2-3 stages but if i keep trying i'll beat it. i don't know what the developer was thinking for making this a trophy. i'll have to keep trying when i'm bored.

Edited by DEVILRYUUJIN

I assume by the time I beat Ryu you'll have the walkthrough up :) and I'll be able to use some of your strategys.

Yep, I barely made it to the end of Stage 1. Terrible Arcade Mode.

Well I'll have it up within 48-72 hours... Thats enough time clear hell difficulty.

Hayashi was being sly when he says this game is going to be less difficult.

Well I'll have it up within 48-72 hours... Thats enough time clear hell difficulty.

Hayashi was being sly when he says this game is going to be less difficult.

So true. And there I was feeling excited about an "easy n fun" no brainer NG. Hayashi truly fooled my a** quite well ... But, I'll have to stick with it. Would be the first NG Storymode I was not able to complete and that's definately a NO NO :ass: ... It's not a question of "if" just "when" :guns:

Edited by Vengeful Bane

So true. And there I was feeling excited about an "easy n fun" no brainer NG. Hayashi truly fooled my a** quite well ... But, I'll have to stick with it. Would be the first NG Storymode I was not able to complete and that's definately a NO NO :ass: ... It's not a question of "if" just "when" :guns:

haha yeah i feel the same...

well i just complete hell difficulty... the only trophy i have left is arcade mode :(... last boss fight sucks too but you can only die enough times until the game gives you some luck.

i found a way to avoid terror-bird lasers...

haha yeah i feel the same...

well i just complete hell difficulty... the only trophy i have left is arcade mode :(... last boss fight sucks too but you can only die enough times until the game gives you some luck.

i found a way to avoid terror-bird lasers...

Congratulations!!!!!:applause:

But honestly, we both knew that u'll beat it today :)

Edited by Vengeful Bane