New Ninja Gaiden?

DPatriot

In early 2014, Tecmo Koei will publish Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z, a spin-off from the Ninja Gaiden series developed by Spark Unlimited in collaboration with Team Ninja and Comcept. While Yaiba is being handled by Spark, Team Ninja themselves are presently working on the next mainline Ninja Gaiden game.

Read more at Team Ninja Is Working On The Next Ninja Gaiden Game - Siliconera

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsiYReAeHt8]YAIBA: NINJA GAIDEN Z - OUTBREAK#4 (US) - YouTube[/ame]

In a discussion with Keiji Inafune (above), Team Ninja head Yosuke Hayashi brings up the fact that Ninja Gaiden fans appear apprehensive of Yaiba, and aren’t convinced it’s a game they’ll enjoy. Hayashi then goes on to say that Yaiba is meant to offer a different take on the series, while Team Ninja work on the next game.

The conversation between the two developers is as follows:

Hayashi: As we’ve talked about Yaiba, there have been some Ninja Gaiden fans who have said Yaiba’s not the hardcore action game that they’re looking for. Honestly, they’re a little hesitant about the game.

Inafune: Yeah, some people are a little worried.

Hayashi: To those people I say this: Team Ninja is thinking of the next Ninja Gaiden. For example, if the games were food, the Ninja Gaiden series would be a rich meaty entree and Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z would be dessert. Every course of the meal would be in the same Ninja Gaiden world, but gamers will experience different kinds of play. That’s how Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z will be different.

[...]

Inafune: You just let it out that you’re coming up with the next juice steak. So to the people waiting for that next Ninja Gaiden, it’s coming! And in the meantime, enjoy Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z!

Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z will be available in North America on March 4th and in Europe on February 28th, 2013.

Read more at Team Ninja Is Working On The Next Ninja Gaiden Game - Siliconera

Team Ninja Is Working On The Next Ninja Gaiden Game - Siliconera

Please make it like Ng2

Well this was logical. I mean Hayashi knows how to make money and want to milk guys further with this side-game. Inafune is an old school dev so I know he won't disappoint me too much.

The funny thing is alot of fans already jump the ship of Team Ninja. So you won't be getting them back anytime soon. Or maybe never...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...