Two questions

BerserkerBR

The trophy guide or the roadmap said something about sniping the last boss (super-uber-Ethereal-master) from the door.

Searched youtube and saw nobody doing it at classic or impossible. Can some1 provide a link or do it and show us? I'd love to watch and do it myself too. :think: :dance:

One country was fuly red and didn't leave at the end of the month (classic difficulty) and it wasn't the last one that i recently did a mission (i know sometimes a last mission near end of the month save the country that keeps red but don't leave). How could this happen?

I think this is what the guide is talking about where the final boss is concerned:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2m_6pXsdb0]XCOM: Enemy Unknown. Final boss, one kill mission. - YouTube[/ame]

but I'm barely at the 1/2 way point in the game so I can't offer any further advice :(.

Thanks Terminator, helpful as always. :applause:

However, i found one that's better after watching yours: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7UFd6H4dJk]XCOM: Enemy Unknown - Last Boss? No Problem. - YouTube[/ame]

This one is exactly what i was looking for, the correct position and method for the scout trigger the Uber-Ethereal. The scout uses Ghost armor and stop very close the door.

Also, this one is realy truly "throught the door", cause you shoot from previous room.

Edited by BerserkerBR

Haven't gotten to the end of Classic yet but I've gotten this to work on the lower difficulties. I line all 6 soldiers up in the small hallway. I take my snipers, 2, and have them move into the room and hug the back wall so they don't trigger the Ethereal. I take them up the stairs on each side and have them sit in the front corner of a small overhang. Every time I've done this they haven't triggered the final fight and this way they have the elevation bonuses on the Ethereal.

Haven't gotten to the end of Classic yet but I've gotten this to work on the lower difficulties. I line all 6 soldiers up in the small hallway. I take my snipers, 2, and have them move into the room and hug the back wall so they don't trigger the Ethereal. I take them up the stairs on each side and have them sit in the front corner of a small overhang. Every time I've done this they haven't triggered the final fight and this way they have the elevation bonuses on the Ethereal.

I like the part of elevated ground bonuses, specially if your snipers have DGG. :)

I think i got the positions, can you please show us anything about it? Like a video or a drawning.

thanks anyway for sahring your strategy.

I like the part of elevated ground bonuses, specially if your snipers have DGG. :)

I think i got the positions, can you please show us anything about it? Like a video or a drawning.

thanks anyway for sahring your strategy.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UC1fuXj0nWg]Xcom: Enemy Unknown (2012): The final Mission, Temple ship assault (*Spoilers!*) - YouTube[/ame]

Best I could find. He doesn't do it like I do. At about the 36 minute mark he starts placing his units. Where he put his heavy, Papa bear, is where I would sneak my snipers to on both sides. Where he put his forward most units on the main section is the farthest you can move forward without triggering the cutscene. Get the snipers in position and then move a unit up one more tile from where he has them and you are good to go. With the snipers at that position using squadsite, headshot, and double tap they can take the boss out by themselves or just leave a shot or 2 for the rest of the squad.

K, thanks for showing it, now i can clearly see the positions.

Knowing those 2 different approaches now gave me confidence to confront the final mission on Classic.

Btw, this guy at your video isn't playing on something hard (classic or impossible - we also see him saving so isn't impossible at all). Enemies have so low health, the troopers have much health and he could even mind control an ehtereal just with 68% chance.

If this was at harder difficulties he'd go straight to boss and not move that scout before see if the snipers could kill the boss or not. When he moved the scout first, he lost line of sight so snipers couldn't hit it using squadsight (idk if this was his intention). :think:

Thanks anyway for positions.

K, thanks for showing it, now i can clearly see the positions.

Knowing those 2 different approaches now gave me confidence to confront the final mission on Classic.

Btw, this guy at your video isn't playing on something hard (classic or impossible - we also see him saving so isn't impossible at all). Enemies have so low health, the troopers have much health and he could even mind control an ehtereal just with 68% chance.

If this was at harder difficulties he'd go straight to boss and not move that scout before see if the snipers could kill the boss or not. When he moved the scout first, he lost line of sight so snipers couldn't hit it using squadsight (idk if this was his intention). :think:

Thanks anyway for positions.

Yeah, the video was bad but it was the only one that had the positions I was talking about shown.

I'm on the final mission on Classic now, soon i'll test the setups. :dance:

Wondering about another subject. Being Iron Main a nuisance and Classic not that hard...

How difficult is Impossible when compared to Classic? I know what Wiki says, the numbers and difference materialization. the question is if it's worth playing I/IM or detach them to make another C/IM and Impossible (no IM)? :think:

Yeah, not following the guide and play another classic + IM and a non-IM impossible will increase the number of playthroughts, i know. :)

Watched many I/IM before asking, but watching looks like some guys really rox, giving the impression that's not that hard... thinking i was misguided by those videos i asked.

Started my Impossible run (not IM) and i thank god i did that, save/load rox !! :D

Classic is waaaaaaay more easy than Impossible, the aliens can hit your guys from across the hole area - like 20 squares - with a pistol, almost never missing.

Even when they miss, they start fire at something and you have to move your sniper or heavy, losing the possibility of a shoot or rocket, damn !!! :mad: