Enemy/Boss Strategy Guide (Spoilers)

-Machete Champion

Machete Champions are an upgrade over the soldiers that wield knives. They have a leaping attack and will crash down on Wolverine with a blaze of fire. This attack is not blockable. The Champion's other attacks can be countered. Use a strong offensive strategy attacking with combos and countering when necessary. For the most part Fury attacks are not necessary but highly effective.

-Leviathan

The Leviathan is a large enemy. Fury attacks will deplete his health. Claw drill seems very effective. The primary method of attack should be to dodge its physical then lunge onto its back and slash. Don't stay to long or the Leviathan will knock Wolverine off its back. Near the time it begins to raise its arm jump off and move away. Lunging at any other time will likely result in Wolverine being caught in mid air and slammed to the ground. The only exception is when the Leviathan picks up a large rock. While he has this rock Wolverine can lunge on to the creature without worry.

-Victor Creed (Bar Fight)

The fight is basically a fist fight. Creed comes at Wolverine with a variety of physical attacks. Counter as many of them as possible and the fight shouldn't be to bad. When not under attack take the fight to Creed by using some combos and Claw Spin. The fight will move outside the bar and each combatants health is replenished. Once outside the fight is more of the same. Now though Wolverine can grapple Creed and throw him into the electric transformer and the wooden spikes surrounding the area for more damage.

-Elite Commando

Elite Commandos are highly similar to the Machete Champions with the exception of the fire attacks. Counter attacks and strong offense are good tactic against the Commando.

-Ghost

Ghosts have a powerful shotgun. The majority of the time a lunge will prove unsuccessful. Additionally, they have a cloaking device that makes them initially invisibile. When Ghosts are suspected use Feral Sense to locate them. In order to defeat a Ghost move near one and grab them. Press Triangle to initiate a quick kill then rapidly press the same button to use their shotguns againt them.

-W.E.N.D.I.G.O

A W.E.N.D.I.G.O should be treat similar to a Leviathan. Dodge their attack then leap on to their back and slash away. An alternate strategy during a subsequent play-through would include some Fury Attacks as well.

-Grenadier

There is no need to get near a Grenadier. Their primary offense is through a grenade launcher. The trick to beating them is to deflect their grenades back at them with a timely press of the block button.

-Goliath

Goliaths are tough. The large shield prevents the majority of Wolverine's attacks. The mechanical electrified arm can also dole out a good amount of damage. A group of Goliaths is even worse. Attack them with uppercuts and charged uppercuts. When they hit the shield will be temporarily lowered providing an opportunity to chain in another attack. Ultimately, it seems repeated uppercuts take a while to put a Goliath down but it works. Using combos that knock the Goliath on its back then using repeated light and heavy ground attacks is also very effective.

-Machete Master

The key to fighting Machete Masters is to kill them quickly, most likely with Fury Attacks. The reason being one Machete Master can clone himself creating 3 enemies. This can continue until they are disposed of. The nuts and bolts of the fight are the same as fighting a Machete Champion.

-Hunter

Get too close to a statue and it is likely to become Wolverine's enemy. Hunters have strong phyiscal attacks. They can leap into the air and come crashing down on Wolverine's head. Counter their attacks to disable them then use Fury attacks to finish them off. Quick kills will not work until they have been weakened. Once a Hunter glows red the quick kill animations can be used.

-Shifter

A Shifter will create a triangular energy field around Wolverine. They use this energy field as a trap to corner Wolverine and inflict damage. Shifters are quick and can teleport. The easiest way to defeat one is to use a grab move and press Triangle. This initiates a struggle at which point rapidly pressing Triangle will, if successful, result in an instant kill for Wolverine.

-Enforcer Droid

Enforcer Droids have strong physical attacks and thats about it. Taking them out quickly is simple by using quick kills. Just move from one Droid to the next repeating the process.

-Predator Unit

One of the more potent enemies, Predator Units have a variety of attacks. They have a energy beam that depletes Wolverine's Rage Meter. They have physical attacks that also include a radial slam. Finally, a Predator can attack from a distance with missiles. They are higly susceptible to Claw Drill especially if both upgrades have been purchased. Deflect there missiles when at a distance (don't lunge) then charge in for a Claw Drill. Uppercuts and combos like Brutal Slam can inflict damage if Fury attacks are unavailable.

-Mark 1 Prototype

The Mark 1 Prototype resembles a mini-Sentinel. The Mark 1 has a variety of attacks. When it stomps it unleashes a radial ice wave that can freeze Wolverine instantly. If Wolverine successfully avoids the stomp and the resulting cold chill, the Mark 1 will then begin to rapidly fire several missiles. Deflecting the incoming explosives is the key to victory. The last attack consists of the release of two flying bots that act like gnats. One swipe at a bot and it explodes. So the strategy against the Mark 1 should consist of avoiding it's freeze stomp then deflecting any/all incoming missiles. Once the missiles are successfully deflected charge the machine and Claw Drill it. Once the Mark 1's health is depleted it will be severed at the waist. Charge the upper portion and attack it to put a permanent end to it's evil.

-Sentinel

Examining the statistics of this battle reveals a slight height disadvantage for Wolverine. The roof stage of this battle is simple in theory. Stand on one of the dark panels and entice the Sentinel to stomp. Once he begins to come crashing down avoid the force of his foot. If he lands on a panel he will be temporarily stunned and Wolverine can move in for some claw slashes. The goal is to disable each of the Sentinel's limbs. Repeat the process mentioned above to destroy its two legs. The hands are somewhat easier. Just stand still and let him grab Wolverine. With Wolverine in hand, the Sentinel will fire lasers from his eye. The attack will also result in a self amputation.

Once the battle reaches the air the Sentinel is on its last breath (so to speak). Debris will be coming at Wolverine consistently. Avoid the broken Sentinel parts due to the damage it causes and the fact that it impedes progress to the falling enemy. The debris that can not be avoided can be broken with a well time claw slash. Wolverine will have to reach the Sentinel three times before defeating him for good. On the last (third) landing on the Sentinel you will have to rapidly press the on screen button to open the panel on its chest. If completed before the eye lasers fire its another Wolverine victory, if not the last checkpoint was during the final free fall.

-The Blob

Attack Dukes with Claw Drill and counter his punches. The initial part of the fight may take awhile but once the Blob's health depletes he will charge Wolverine and perform a belly flop. Dodge out of the way then lunge onto Duke's back while he's stunned. Press L1 and/or R1 while on his back to damage the Blob and direct him around the room.

-Gambit

The fight against Gambit is multi-phase. Each phase has intricacies that differentiate them but the attack strategy remains the same. When Gambit is at a distance he will throw enegy towards Wolverine. Deflect them successfully and lunge for an attack while Gambit is stunned. Use rage attacks (I prefer Claw Drill and Spin) and be prepared to counter Gambit's short staff attacks. His lunging attack doesn't seem to be blockable.

-Assassin

Assassins are ... well deadly of course. Their twin blade can put Wolverine's regenerative abilities in overdrive. Be prepared to block then counter their many attacks. The Assassins may have the most health of any of the regular enemies Wolverine encounters. At this time Wolverine should be fairly powerful himself. Use rage attacks and counters to weaken them. Finish them off with quick kills once they glow red.

-Victor Creed (The Island)

This battle is much like the one in the bar except Wolverine is more powerful now. Use Claw Drill and Spin as offense. By now you should be a pro at counter attacks. They are fairly easy to peform againt Creed and is the foundation to victory.

-Deadpool

Countering, as with most of the enemies in the game, is essential to defeating Deadpool. Well timed counters initiate a struggle that when won (by pressing the on screen button) damages Wade and stuns him allowing a chain into a Fury attack, combo, or ground attack. When the stage changes to the top of the reactor Deadpool adds an energy attack and will now teleport. Continue to counter and chain. When Deadpool moves into the distance he will fire a laser blast from his eyes. Lunge to his position to limit the lasers effectiveness. The real danger with the laser is it will sometimes destroy Wolverine's footing leaving a gap in the reactor. The most frustrating part can be having Deadpool's health low enough for iminent victory only to have the ground below you destroyed and falling to your death.

• 2 weeks later...

Excllent guide!

Deadpool is the only really challenging fight in the game. I found that the key to beating him on hard difficulty is staying close to him. He will do the most damage when he teleports away. The cyclops eye laser beam of doom will kill you in 4 or 5 hits. Equip the health related mutagens and quickly move toward him when he teleports away. When he is going to destroy part of the tower, the game will go into slow-mo-mode. always be jumping when this happens

hope this helps,

DrDarkwing

PSN-drdarkwing

platinums- Killzone 2, Burnout Paradise, Wolverine, inFamous, CoD W@W, LittleBigPlanet, Resident Evil 5

Well for Deadpool I found that the first part conter his moves, once Wolverine does the attack when you win the struggle you can air grab him and slam him down a few times. Doing only counters in this round Deadpool will not use his eye beam.

For the second round when hes about to shoot the ground lunge at him, he won't hit you with the eye beam when hes focused on the ground. This will not only keep you from falling but also gets you close to him for the moment.

Also when your health is low clawspin, it will keep him from being able to teleport or attack you plus it will allow some time to get some health back. As for avoiding his eye beam, I never figured that out.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Nice strategies but to me the inky difficulty I had which wasn't too difficult was deadpool on hard difficulty. He always seemed to get me at his last health while I'm inbetween combos cuz he teleports & clears the ground before I landbut I beat him tho after like 5 tries.

Getting deadpool on hard is a matter of finding a good loop of attacks. For me it was this:

Launched him (and yourself) into the air with a charged triangle blow, 3-4 blows with square while up there and finish with circle, slamming him into the ground. Right after you hit the ground he will either bounce on the ground or stand upright. Immediately launch him back into the air with the charged triangle blow again and repeat the process.

Charged :triangle:, :square:, :square:, :square:, :square:, :circle: then repeat.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Getting deadpool on hard is a matter of finding a good loop of attacks. For me it was this:

Launched him (and yourself) into the air with a charged triangle blow, 3-4 blows with square while up there and finish with circle, slamming him into the ground. Right after you hit the ground he will either bounce on the ground or stand upright. Immediately launch him back into the air with the charged triangle blow again and repeat the process.

Charged :triangle:, :square:, :square:, :square:, :square:, :circle: then repeat.

That worked really well, while i was doing the uppercut he fired his lazer below my feet, I took a couple of tries but it worked way better then just using the counter by far!

• 8 months later...
The only exception is when the Leviathan picks up a large rock. While he has this rock Wolverine can lunge on to the creature without worry.

This is not completely true

In my experience.. when i lunge at him at the rong time

He smashes me the same way.. like he does without a rock

..only this time.. he has the rock.. and it does more damage

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

You have no idea how much I hate this game right now, I'm about ready to chuck it out the window. I've tried all of these techniques and none work. As soon as I get him to within a sliver of dying he transports away and starts blasting me with his eyes. I'm done with this game, I don't need the platinum that bad.

You have no idea how much I hate this game right now, I'm about ready to chuck it out the window. I've tried all of these techniques and none work. As soon as I get him to within a sliver of dying he transports away and starts blasting me with his eyes. I'm done with this game, I don't need the platinum that bad.

Have you tried either of these methods?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugIWUFGB5J4]X-Men Origins: Wolverine Last boss Deadpool on Hard - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzOnVUiuHhc]Wolverie vs. Deadpool Final Fight on Hard Difficulty - YouTube[/ame]

There was a video that showed how you just hit Deadpool into the air, punched him 4-5 times, and then repeat...but I can't find that one. This final boss is a major pain to get past, but once you do...it feels so good. :D

EDIT:

This is how to do the attack though, since someone here already posted it. It worked for me, although I still had to do other attacks to get his health down.

Edited by Reaper Cloud

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

Got around to platinuming this game finally. Thankful this page exists for hard difficulty.. Lol, Deadpool kept blasting Logan off the walls whenever I tried to lunge or jump to the next unbroken area while mid-air, was getting so frustrated until I saw this page. I don't remember Deadpool blasting so randomly & frequently while on easy. I wasn't damaging him fast enough on hard so he always took away like half of the walls before Logan was flung off the walls.

Ended up modifying that charged uppercut sequence a tiny bit after seeing it here, made the whole battle a bit quicker for me at least when repeating this as long as I did the charged uppercut whenever Deadpool was on the ground:

:triangle: (charged uppercut) to launch Logan & Deadpool into the air,

:square:, :square:, :square: (air pummel)

(pause for a second so Logan & Deadpool fall halfway to the ground)

:square:, :square:, :square: (air pummel)

:circle: (air grab)

Did try the spamming :triangle: method (ground smash) whenever Deadpool was on the ground but it would only work for about a few smashes before he would teleport away.

• 5 months later...