What will happen?

No everything passes to all difficuties you dont loose anything.

I'd double check this. I recall some horror stories about how people had to start all over when begining a new game. If you recently beat the game on normal, then I highly recommend you get every trophy except the complete the game on hard trophy (and the platinum). Doing level selects will not affect your game save at all, but starting a new game might reset it.

Remember you can use codes and still get trophies, like to never die and so forth.

* TRIANGLE, SQUARE, SQUARE, TRIANGLE, CIRCLE, CIRCLE, X, X, TRIANGLE, R3 (click the right analog stick) - Infinite Rage

* SQUARE, X, X, SQUARE, TRIANGLE, TRIANGLE, SQUARE, CIRCLE, CIRCLE, SQUARE, R3 (click the right analog stick) - Never Die

* X, X, SQUARE, SQUARE, TRIANGLE, TRIANGLE, CIRCLE, CIRCLE, TRIANGLE, TRIANGLE, X, X, R3 (click the right analog stick) - Double Reflex Gain

You will hear a sound which tells you that cheats have been activated. Also note that cheats will STOP you from gaining trophies, so do NOT USE CHEATS unless you do the next steps..

1. If starting a new Game, Get to a checkpoint (you can skip this step and go to step 3 if you already have a game save).

2. Now exit from options to the menu.

3. Continue Game

4. Enter Cheat(s)

5. Quit to Main Menu again, do NOT save or you messed up your game.

6. Continue Game; Game will run with cheats but will not notice that cheats are infact on!

Every time you play the game, you will have to re-do this cause it doesn't save your cheats, thus not ruining your game progress.

Edited by toMsons1987

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I don't know whether cheat codes disable trophies. I went through the game on hard without using them. But I suggest not using the cheats, because if you go through the whole game and don't get the trophy at the end, it'll hurt; unless of course it has already been confirmed that cheat codes don't disable trophies.

I have completed the game on medium now, and unlocked hard. If i press "new game" and select hard will i lose all my skills that i have collected on the way like the dog tags and the reflxes? Or will i keep them and the levels on my mutagens?

You will lose absolutely EVERYTHING. That actually happened to me, that's one of the reasons why I haven't got this plat yet. I'm still pissed off :D

• 1 month later...

I admit, i'm going to cheat, but only because i have finished a playthrough and didn't collect the dog tags. I'm going to play on hard and earn the rest of my trophies. Sounds petty but i dont have the time nowadays to spend hours on a game! I want to get the plat double time so i can get some new games i.e MW2 or Uncharted 2. Sound reasonable? Probably not...Ah Well :)

• 3 weeks later...

Confirmed that trophies still unlock...just started a game and went for 10 lunge kills.

I spent time trying to use the codes originally referenced in post #10...two of the codes are wrong...I obtained the correct codes at GameSpot. Not only will you hear a chime, but each correctly entered code will display a white lettered message at the bottom left of the screen. Remember the codes can only be entered during gameplay.

Here are the correct codes:

Doubles enemy reflex points--

X,X, square, square, triangle, triangle, circle, circle, triangle, triangle, square, square, x, x, R3

Undying--

square, x, x, square, triangle, triangle, square, circle, circle, square, R3

Infinite Rage--

triangle, square, square, triangle, circle, circle, triangle, x, x, triangle, R3

Edited by Muthafodder