I am SO tired of playing this game

Whenever I get a game from Gamefly, I have an urgent need to play just that game to completion. Forget that I have unfinished games like Mass Effect, Valkyria Chronicles, Fallout 3 w/DLC, and new DLC for Fable II sitting around begging to be played. I MUST finish Wolverine and get the platinum and send it back so I feel I'm getting my money's worth.

Don't get me wrong, its a great game. But after beating normal and then having to replay several mission many times to get more trophies. My heart just isn't in my current dog tag/hard mode run for the platinum.

And yet...I will soldier on. God, let me platinum and send it away by Monday.

I also got tired of this game after this first playthrough and going back to clean up other trophies. It gets old real quick. After I got my platinum, haven't touched it...why did I even buy it? And I also understand about trying to get your money's worth from gamefly. I almost think I'm going to cancel my subscription sometime soon just because in order to get my money's worth, I have to play my game more than I actually want to.

Edited by mjc0961

MJC why are you a mod and a user on a PS3Trophies site. Its basically a trophy whore site and yes they are few people who go here for 1-2 trophy help. Why are you bashing on that user. He wants a platinum.

Good for you for working your heart out to get that plat!

*Why are you calling trophy whore weird personally i think your weird for not going for tropht or aleast being on a TROPHY site...Yea there are my 2 cents

Edited by MattMacMillan

It's true. I guess I'm a little picky about what games I actually enjoy. Alot of times I'm expecting a certain level of gameplay and instead, receiving something different. Guess I'm just not an all around gamer. Haven't even played littlebigplanet.

Side note, what did you edit out of my post mjc? Next time pm me and let me know you edited it and why so maybe I can learn something from it. I don't even remember anything that would cause you to edit it.

• 3 weeks later...
You trophy whores are so weird. If you'd rather play Mass Effect, play Mass Effect! Video games are meant to be fun, not chores. ;)

LOL for some reason playing my 360 feels like a chore I buy a brand new game and for some reason I hardly ever play it. Velvet Assassin I was in love with after watching videos, I bought it day one and now its somewhere in my room still in the plastic. (Really I sat it down and the game must have walked off somewhere!)

This happens to me all the time, like Fallout 3. I played it got half way in the game then the trophy patch came out, now Im sitting at 3% with no desire to play it anymore. Not to mention I beat this game on normal and hit new game not knowing that it resets everything! I almost had 2k kills, and the both reflex trophies. Oh well...:(

My hat is off to the trophy whores. I have a few friends that do it, and I have tried and I cant do it. I like to take my time with games and explore every aspect of it, rather then rush through it. Not saying that rushing is what yall do, cause I know there is more to that, but the biggest part I fail at that yall dont is the grinding...oh sweet mother of moses....I think I play to much when I log in 3 hours lol.

So I salute you trophy whores. And my one Plat. will back it up :)

This game made me rethink how far I would go for plat. Yes, it is a very easily obtained platinum, just time consuming. After finishing the game on normal I went back, using the dog tag videos and collected 93/95. My issue was I think I exited out of a game before reaching a checkpoint, so I have no ideas where I missed them at. Basically, the dullness of doing nothing new has frustrated me beyond belief and made me hang up my whore hat. I will still get platinums(TW '10 in a week!), but I refuse to grind out doing monotonous tasks suck as fighting weak machete weilding enemies to build up my stats and playing a game four times for plat(which after the dog tag run through x2 and hard mode is what it would have been). Thank you Wolverine, for giving me some perspective.

I haven't even taken the time to update my goddam trophy card, let alone hunt down all the Platinums that I COULD be getting. I mean, yeah sure I definitely plan on going back to these games at SOME point in time, but I usually beat a game at least one time through 'n feel satisfied with the typical Gold or Silver. There are some games that do strike my interest over others, and I admit that collecting the trophies CAN be fun, but I'm not gonna break my balls over every game that I own. I guess I'm just not "hardcore" enough.

Wolverine was a really fun guilty pleasure though... so far the most annoying trophy I've come across is the Weapon X Arena challenge... that's one helluva room to play thru...

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Whenever I get a game from Gamefly, I have an urgent need to play just that game to completion. Forget that I have unfinished games like Mass Effect, Valkyria Chronicles, Fallout 3 w/DLC, and new DLC for Fable II sitting around begging to be played. I MUST finish Wolverine and get the platinum and send it back so I feel I'm getting my money's worth.

Don't get me wrong, its a great game. But after beating normal and then having to replay several mission many times to get more trophies. My heart just isn't in my current dog tag/hard mode run for the platinum.

And yet...I will soldier on. God, let me platinum and send it away by Monday.

don't feel bad am finally going to platinum worivere after 2 years and i only need 3 trophies you should just take a break sometimes and come back later it took me a year but i finally platinumed BATMAN AA took me 3 years to platinum dead space 1 took me a year to platinum saw 1 took me a year to platinum naruto but i did it like i said i would breaks help a lot

• 5 weeks later...
It's true. I guess I'm a little picky about what games I actually enjoy. Alot of times I'm expecting a certain level of gameplay and instead, receiving something different. Guess I'm just not an all around gamer. Haven't even played littlebigplanet.

I'm the same, I enjoyed BF3 when it was released, played it all the time the first week, (P)'d it (wasn't really trying until I had like 3 trophies left) then didn't touch it again 'til DLC came out, given that the DLC was BF2 maps, I started it up again, but it just doesn't feel right, haven't touched it since.

Apart from that week, the only two games I've enjoyed in the past 6-months are AC:II and Skyrim, though Skyrim's beginning to feel like an MMO so it's been shelved so I don't lose interest and become bored with it like everything else.

Wolverine is my favourite super hero type character, which is why I bought this game, it's been sitting for months and I've still not got around to playing it lol I guess I just don't want to be disappointed (my expectations of games are probably way too high, unless the gaming industry has just sunk in recent years)

I basically went through this game three times. Once to just play normally. Second to find Dog Tags and get other trophies before playing on Hard...since I didn't want to focus on finding stuff on that difficulty setting. Finally, the third time...which was the worst.

Playing games on Hard (or the hardest setting) with the PS3 is basically a test in patience and self-control. With this game, it ruined Wolverine since it made him like the PS2 version (that being Wolverine's Revenge). His claws took forever to kill/destroy anything in the PS2 game, and the same thing here for the PS3's Hard setting. I loved watching Wolverine tearing things apart on the normal setting, but on Hard...it was pathetic. Having to spend around 10 minutes to finally take down one of those rock creatures was coma-inducing. Then the final boss fight with Chicken-Shit Deadpool was nauseating.

I have yet to play a game on Hard that didn't come across as some lame, cheap, reversal of stats (Enemies are God, you are a weak newborn Kitten) adjustment...instead of the AI just betting smarter in their offense/defense. I still need to play Demon's Souls, so maybe that will be the game to do it for me.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm in the OP's position right now.

I've beaten it on normal and have been mopping up trophies for the last 24 hours. I started doing the all reflex/all upgrades trophies and...

Oh...My...God...grinding. :(

I've never had to grind this hard for a game before and it really sucks. Playing the same checkpoint over and over and over just to up my machete reflex. Ugh. Finally got it, though.

The worst is, after playing through on normal (with a walkthrough, mind you), I finished the game with 94/95 dog tags! HOW DOES THAT HAPPEN??? Now, I have to play the entire game again just to check every location. It's like the Brutal Legend serpents all over again.

I hope the devs learned something from this game. Like, if you're gonna force someone to obtain a certain amount of points, at least make that amount available in the game. I played through the entire game, left every area vacant, even farmed at certain points and, when I was done, I only had 1,400/2,000 kills. They tell you to get 2,000 kills and then have the nerve to not even put 2,000 enemies in the game. WTF? :confused:

Also, I picked up every Wolverine statue in the game and one of the challenges didn't unlock. :mad:

So, I'm wondering; should I go through and look for the final dog tag or, say screw it and start my hard playthrough and get all 95 of them then? :think:

Meh.

All in all, it's a pretty good game. Good controls, good cut scenes, good kill animations and the storyline sticks pretty close to the movie's. It was cool to see the similarities and differences between the game and the movie.

P.S. A HUGE LOL for putting the platinum icon in the trophy list twice. Epic fail.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

the game is a blast as a first playthrough...its very rare to have an overly violent God of War-esqe Wolverine game...but the novelty slowly wears off after you finish the game. and the dog tags were a dick to find too. would have been nice to have had different weapons to use instead of the claws but the combat system is fairly varied with just 2 claws. I would like a sequel with more variety in the gameplay. :)