Review This Game!

How Good Is This Game?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. How Good Is This Game?

http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu10/jjjjjjj_photo/203785.jpg Average Game Rating = 7.5/10

Screenshots

http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu10/jjjjjjj_photo/x-men-origins-wolverine-20090205082.jpg http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu10/jjjjjjj_photo/13987_1.jpg http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu10/jjjjjjj_photo/wolverine_0123-640x.jpg

How To Review

1. PLEASE DON’T post a review without having played the game first!

2. Please don’t post a review unless you have played alot of hours or have completed the game.

3. Only write about the multiplayer aspect in the ‘Multiplayer Experience’ heading.

4. Please put a description in each section & then rate it out of 10.

5. Do not review on the trophy aspect of the game.

6. Review what YOU think & don’t be influenced by others.

Reviewing Game - X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Story:

Gameplay:

Controls:

Graphics:

Sound:

Wow Factor:

Replay Value:

Multiplayer Experience: N/A

Rent Or Buy This Game?

Your Personal Verdict & Your Final Rating: PLEASE VOTE!

Please Use the above as a template for your review. If you need help with anything please refer to this thread >>> http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/user-generated-content/16959-how-write-review.html#post213134

*PLEASE NOTE: ALL NON-REVIEW RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED*

Edited by Rockets

Story: Hadnt seen the movie and didnt know if the story would spoil the movie so I can't rate this section

Gameplay: The game play was actually much more fun than I was expecting. The quick kills and lunge move really make the fights dramatic and entertaining. It has the feel of a ninja gaiden game but with a lot less depth. There are no weapons and the combos are rather limited. Overall it is entertaining (especially for a movie game) but doesnt stand up to other hack n slashes for me. 5/10

Controls: The controls were spot on for me. You always feel like you are in control of Wolvy and it is very easy to pull off moves. The only trouble I had was trying to lunge to back a boss when there was multiple of them. Sometimes the targeting can be a little off but overall i really enjoyed the controls. 8/10

Graphics: Similar to the gameplay the graphics were decent but nothing spectacular. I wasnt playing on a great tv at the time but I thought they were just decent. 6/10

Sound: I actually really enjoyed the sound in this game even without a nice surround sound system. The sound of his claws just tearing through flesh sounded pretty nice. However there wasnt any sort of music that blew me away and the redundant comments drove me crazy. 6/10

Wow Factor: NONE. Fun for awhile but no part of this game is going to blow you away. 0/10

Replay Value: NONE again. You will have to go through the game 2-3 times to get the platinum but after the first time through you will already be getting sick of it. 0/10

Rent Or Buy This Game? Rent this one all the way. The main story is well under 10 hours and it really starts to get repetitive towards the end. If you do go for platinum it can be done in around 15-20 hours and you will never want to look at the game again after that

Your Personal Verdict & Your Final Rating: Overall this is a really good movie-video game but nothing spectacular compared to regular games. Its surprisingly fun whooping some ass with Wolverine for awhile but it will quickly grow stale. 4/10

Story:5

Follows the same premise as the film though it is even choppier then the film was. I felt a lot of scenes were thrown together a lot of bosses seemed to come out of no where with no real mention or point.

Gameplay:4

So the gameplay is fairly awful it is fun for a little bit and watching wolverine rip enemies in half etc is ammusing. Then you realise what a grind raising reflexes is, finding the 95 dog tags is easy and I did it without a guide but these things just slow it down far too much.

Controls:10

I cannot fault it here, the controls run absoloutly fine and I had no issues with combat or manouvering around the levels.

Graphics:8

The graphics seemed fine and cinematic cut scenes were to a very high standard.

Sound:6

Did not really notice any sound, however constantly hearing wolverine saying something or other about bub really starts to drive you mad while reflex training.

Wow Factor:3

Well the graphics were surprising and it gets some wow for not being as bad as I expected though I am not sure this is a good reason for a game to get any sort of a wow.

Replay Value:4

You will get 2 and a half playthroughs or so from this but it is not very enjoyable and you would rather not replay it.

Multiplayer Experience:N/A

Rent Or Buy This Game?Rent

It is extremely short and has no real story or anything to make it worth keeping.

Your Personal Verdict & Your Final Rating:4

A sloppy story and tedious gameplay really knock this down a peg, though it is not with out some saving through good graphics and controls.

Gameplay:8 Entertaining, if you know the movie, its even better.

Controls:9 Its very easy and soft to control.

Graphics:8 Normal PS3 graphics

Sound:7 Hmm little bit too quiet but good, little repetitive too.

Wow Factor:6 Not much to get "wows" from

Replay Value:7 At least when the DVD is coming out I will replay it

Multiplayer Experience:N/A

Rent Or Buy This Game?Buy If you like Wolverine and want to get DLC sometime, then buy

Your Personal Verdict & Your Final Rating:8

Good game with great controlling but some bugs/glitches.

Reviewing Game- X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Story: 4 I was personally disappointed in the story.

Gameplay: 8 I love hack and slash games so the gameplay is great to me.

Controls: 8 No problem whatsoever with the controls.

Graphics: 7 Decent graphics.

Sound: 4

Wow Factor: 0 There's no wow factor at all in this game.

Replay Value: 0 Once you platinum you don't won't to play again bub.

Rent Or Buy This Game? Rent The game isn't worth a purchase.

Your Personal Verdict & Your Final Rating: 4 The gameplay and controls are the only things I liked.

Story: Kinda follows the movie but constantly bounces back and forth between 2 different times and storys making it confusing and just plain awkward. 3/10

Gameplay: For a comic book movie game it was pretty good in terms of gameplay. Some of the kills you can perform are just plain brutal and really nice to watch plus the new move lunge its fun to play around with. The only downside it that it is very repetitive. Sure the killing is bloody and awesome, but after you are 3/4 of the way done you will be bored of the gameplay. So good, but repetitive. 6/10

Controls: The controls were great. you never got mixed up with which buttons to use and it was actually really simple and easy to get used to. 9/10

Graphics: Not the best. When wolfboy get injured you can watch his flesh regenterate slowly, which sound cool but when you watch it it looks to much like jell-o and it isnt very high quality. The background was ok but character graphics werent. 4/10

Sound:Also not to great. Some of the music and sound effects is decent but the level of sound in cutscenes varys alot. a found myself having to contantly lower and increase the volume during these cutscenes. 5/10

Wow Factor: The feeling you get from beheading someone with wolfboys claws gives you a little pleasure but this dies away very soon. 2/10

Replay Value: None at all. You will play through most likely 3 times to platinum it and then you will be so sick of it you will never play it again, nor will you have the desire to.

Rent Or Buy This Game? Rent it if anything. Platinum can easily be obtained within 3 days tops. It took me just one time to rent it and get 100% platinum. Just rent it and save the 60 bucks

Your Personal Verdict:Bottom line is that you will have a few hours of fun ripping people in half but you will very soon be done and not want to play anymore 4/10 final verdict.

• 2 weeks later...

Story: I hadn't seen the film until after my 1st playthrough and then I went to go see it the movie its self was not that good to be honest, Yet the game story was slightly better in my eyes how it went from past to present just added up a little more. 6/10

Gameplay: For a Film adaption game it's rather fun for a while, killing the enemy with his special moves are nice and watching some of the movie scenes is cool. But after the 1st playthrough you'd skip it and it starts to get repetative with the killing and all. 5/10

Controls: Perfect to me each button has the right command the PS3 controller shines with this game the only small snag is the camera can be a little annoying. 9/10

Graphics: Ok I'm not a fan of the Unreal 3 Engine never have been as most of the games using it look the same in context. Thou I doubt I could imagine this game using any other. 6/10

Sound: Not bad I had sound issues where it would drop slightly low and you couldn't hear voices or radio chatter. 5/10

Wow Factor: Probably the killing in different ways but you'll come to using the lunge far too often to use any other attack. 4/10

Replay Value: Probably not once you've gotten all the trophies I doubt you'd play it again.

Rent Or Buy This Game? Rental as with above it's not got any replay factor to it so defo a rental.

Your Personal Verdict & Your Final Rating: A good game to take away some hours I'd play the game 1st and then watch the film as I think it would spoil it since the film dosnt have much what the game offers for it's story. 6/10

Edited by Nakatomi_Uk

Story: 6/10. The story was kinda boring the more you play. And it's boring to play it again.

Gameplay: 5/10. I loved to cut peoples head off :p. The gameplay was really good. But the game had too much glitches and bugs.

Controls: 9/10. No bad controls here.

Graphics: 6/10. Same as any other game.

Sound: 5/10. No good songs, sometimes the sound dissapers.

Wow Factor: 3/10. First time you kill an enemy in a special way you might say "wow" but later it will be boring.

Replay Value: 2/10. Only if you are going for the platinum.

Rent Or Buy This Game? Rent, you can complete this game to 100% in 1 weak.

Your Personal Verdict & Your Final Rating: I will never play this game again now when i completed it to 100%. I really liked this game cus all Marvel super hero games are fun. I will give this game 5/10

Story: 7...I enjoyed the story

Gameplay: 9....It was a blast to play

Controls: 9...responsive, easy to learn

Graphics: 9...great graphics

Sound: 7...the sound would get quieter at some points

Wow Factor: 9...plenty of WOW points for me

Replay Value: 10...I would play this again

Rent Or Buy This Game? Buy

Your Personal Verdict & Your Final Rating: PLEASE VOTE!

Overall I give it a 9. Fun to play..responsive controls. Only parts I really had trouble with were the helicopter parts during the Nord mission.

• 2 weeks later...

Story:5/10

I haven't seen the movie but the game's story is good, not great but good.It's kinda confusing with all the flashbacks and flashsideways.

Gameplay:8/10

Very fun gameplay.Great hack n slash.If you like GOW you'll like this.

Controls: 9/10

Easy to pick up.Nothing complicated here.

Graphics:8/10

Good charcter models and the regeneration looks great.

Sound:8/10

Voice acting is done great.Gambit got on my nerves and no real music and gets quiet too often.But other than that gunfire and everything sounds good and the screams as your tearing through your opponets makes you feel.......good

Wow Factor: 5/10

The opening video and first time you kill the helicopter pilot was my wow.After you see all the ways you can kill someone it doesn't bring much.

Replay Value:5/10

After you get the trophies I don't see any real motivation to play it.It's a great game and all but gets boring.

Rent Or Buy This Game?I'd rent it if you only want trophies.Buy it when it's cheaper.

Your Personal Verdict & Your Final Rating:8/10

A fun bloody hack n slash while it last.I'm just glad to see Wolverine like this for once.

Edited by kissmyscythe

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Story: 7

Its pretty much based on the movie which it was ok they change a couple of things

Gameplay:4

I kind of hated the jump it was horrible if you where trying to jump in the jungle into places plus the game glitch out a couple of times on me.

Controls: 8 where pretty easy to understand

Graphics:7 they where ok nothing to stunning

Sound:3 sometimes wolverine would talk randomly about odd stuff he wasn't doing no more

Wow Factor:they where some cool scenes like when he kill the man by putting he's head on the choppers wings

Replay Value:2 Not really worth playing twice unless your going for the trophy like i was.

Rent Or Buy This Game?this a rent game once you passed it its not worth playing again

Your Personal Verdict & Your Final Rating:6Its a good game but it kinda gets boring and repetitive at times plus they change some of the story and added some characters that where not in the movie its a good game overal not great but ok.

• 2 weeks later...

Story: 7/10The story is pretty solid, mainly following the story from the movie. However you will see tweaks that change up the movie's story as well as additional story elements that were just not part of the movie's story at all. If you like Wolverine or the X-Men the story is definitely worthwhile.

Gameplay:8/10 Gameplay is solid. There are a few glitches that I ran into, relating to the screen continuously shaking and sounds issues. Slicing people up as Wolverine is quite entertaining though.

Controls:7/10 The controls were responsive but nothing special.

Graphics:8/10 Graphically this game is nice. It isn't top notch but is a solid second tier title graphics wise.

Sound:7/10 The sound is solid, lots of grunting though.

Wow Factor:5/10 Not a whole lot of wow for me (minus the trophy:D).

Replay Value:5/10 Once you have gotten the platinum you probably won't want to play the game again.

Rent Or Buy This Game? This is a rent unless you are really interested in Wolverine. You should be able to beat the game in a week or less if you push through.

Your Personal Verdict & Your Final Rating: Overall I enjoyed the game and felt that it was worth my time to finish it. I thought that Wolverine's background was fleshed out some, even though it may not all have been canon. Overall the game was solid but isn't going to be the top game in your collection. 8/10

• 2 weeks later...

I´m seing alot of somewhat negative reviews of this game, wich tells me two things: or you guys play really good games lately and this one by comparisson isn´t just has good, or you are not playing the same game as me!:p . i know that this game´s quality is just average but, i still like its charm. And the reasons why:

Story : It is the same as the movie but much better than the movie, at least cuts off some annoying "limbs":D i meant scenes. Serves the purpose, but its still just underwhelming for the origin of the most bad ass super mega indestructible and awasomeness in the flesh and adamantium... you know its the wolverine! So i´m just giving this part a 4+ almost 5 cause it improved a bit on the movie.

Gameplay :this one is hard to discribe. While it is easy to control wolverine in a fight, the platforming aspect is sometimes annoying:(. fighting is fun for me, you perform cool moves like quick kills that feel rewarding just to watch:devil:, jumping on enemies never get´s old. Only complaint is that in some fights with multiple enemies, you have a hard time trying to lunge to the right one resulting in injuries for you... Except some parts the camera angles work. the platforming part is also easy. No hard jumps to make, you cant really fall of the buildings, but feels like it was donne as on the knee somewhat clunky, i mean poor animation and most of the time you cant jump to a simple platform or box after some tries:(. But it deserves none the less, for a decent control of the character a 6.

Graffics and Sound: Graffics are ok nothingh flashy for the most part except wolverine kicking ass, healing his body, some cutscenes and the main characters models. You go from jungles to industrial complexes some snow and thats it. It isnt the quality, but the diversity that is laking here:(. Other than that they are OK nothing Wow, but still decent for ps3 standarts. Sound is the same, the music isnt bad (the main menu tune is very nice). Voice acting varies from very good to WTF are you doing here:confused:!! Sound FX did his job but it was suposed to be better. But still overall good. Graffics and sound 5+ almost 6

WOW Factor: Besides the fact that this is a movie game that is actually fun to play, and for me better then the actual movie, the only points go to the regeneration in real time, the quick kills and the bad ass apocalipse ending. Not much wow here, but still it deserves a 3.

Replay value: Well this one is also subjective. If you like hack and slash games and the wolverine like me it will keep you entertained for 20 to 30 hours. If not, one playtrough and you will be happy. And of course you will want that plat in your profile right?! Replay gets 3 solid.

Rent OR Buy: depends on the price tag. I´m not ashamed of having bought this one for 12£ (15€ or 18$) i´m actually pleased whit it:applause:, but higher price than that, just rent it.

Final veridict and score: I have to complain about the rushed out nature of this game it feels like it was suposed to be much better than it is, but the developers werent given more time(theres no subtitles, no fan art, some bugs, clunky platforming litle variation on scenarios...).This game is better then the some of all is parts, and if it was not rushed, it would deserve more. Wolverine is a good action game fix and for that it gets a solid 6

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Story:9 pretty good. just follows the movie mostly so if you saw it no surprises.

Gameplay:8 some of the fights get old but the dismembermentt never gets old.

Controls:9 pretty simple. never had trouble.

Graphics: 10 loved watching the blood and limbs spray :chair:

Sound:8 pretty good voice acting.

Wow Factor: 9 you had alot of options in dispossing of your foes and some were pretty creative

Replay Value: 7 just for hard mode.

Rent Or Buy This Game? rent cause you can beat it easily

Your Personal Verdict & Your Final Rating: 8

• 2 weeks later...

Story: 7 The storyline is good and the flashbacks are intresting, If you like Marvel Universe you will enjoy it

Gameplay: 7 As i Read: Mix of Uncharted and God of War

Controls: 9 Pretty Good, easy to handle

Graphics: 6: nothing bad but nothing great too

Sound: 7: Wolverine is a mix of a Furious Grizzly Bear and an enraged Men

Wow Factor: 5 Some Good Kill Scenes not much.

Replay Value::think: 5=> U got to be a fan

Rent Or Buy This Game? Rent

Your Personal Verdict & Your Final Rating: 7 : I was surprised, it was a good experience, it is a Cool Game

• 3 weeks later...

Story: Same as the movie, its basically everything comic-book. 7/10

Gameplay: I was expecting Xmen Legends and Marvel Ultimate Alliance type of gameplay, and it was pretty much similar to that except for the closer camera angles. 7/10

Controls: Controls were okay, but could have been tighter. The lunge mechanics needed some tightening with some of the bigger bosses. 5/10

Graphics: The CGIs are awesome (Hey, I am Mr. Obvious!!), but the in-game graphics are crap. Too many jaggies and no AA. 5/10

Sound: The voice acting were top-notch, no question. 9.5/10

Wow Factor: CGIs and Seiyuus only. 5/10

Replay Value: Except for that one trophy, not much. The costumes are just for show, and considering that the game gets repetitive after a while, replaying an entire game is no-no in my books 2/10

Rent Or Buy This Game? Oh, rent... definitely... Especially considering its an Activision title, but more importantly being the low low replay value.

Your Personal Verdict & Your Final Rating: 6/10. Not anything special, but considering that I loved the Xmen Legends and MUA series, it was still fun.

Edited by EEHHHHHH

• 2 months later...

First of all, how does a review this game poll get stickied. They never get stickied on other games forums.

In regards to the game I haven't played enough to vote but so far this game is great. Tons of blood, gore and cool cut scenes. Also it helps that I paid $4.89 for it and it came with that arena add on which I checked on the ps store and it costs $4.99 itself so ya :) :) :). Either way I'm having a blast so far. Seems similar to Enslaved, Uncharted and has god of war type fighting. I'm likin it so far.

• 4 months later...

I loved this game. No annoying multiplayer trophies to have to waste a million hours for, no insane easter egg hunts...smooth gameplay with one of the coolest characters from the marvel universe. I wish there were more like it.

• 1 month later...

Story: 7 - The story is quite relevant to the film which I like but there are some parts of the story that seemed a bit silly to me.

Gameplay: 6 - The gameplay is ok, I enjoyed the moves you could do but I was frustrated trying to find all of the dog tags.

Controls: 10 - Controls are fine, very easy to remember.

Graphics: 8 - Graphics are fine too. The video parts of the game are something like I've never seen! At first I thought it was real people until I realised that it was was just good graphics.

Sound: 7 - The sound is fine, especially the sounds of Wolverine tearing limbs apart.

Wow Factor: 4 - The only thing I can say is the different ways you can kill people was the only thing that made me "wow" the game.

Replay Value: Probably, but only to help other people with any parts that they struggle with. I wouldn't play this game again for fun.

Rent Or Buy This Game?: Buy - Bought the game and sold it after completion as I knew I wouldn't be playing it again.

Your Personal Verdict & Your Final Rating: I did enjoy this game (for the easy platinum) but I wasn't impressed with the obscure story mode that didn't relate to the film. My final rating: 7

Edited by JLSHARP92