Problem with Gambit boss-fight

I'm encountering a problem with my boss fight with Gambit on my Hard-playthrough. It looks OK all the way up to where I lunge at him a second time, and he tips me over the edge. Then I mash X to get up, and when I do get up, Gambit hits me with his rod, and falls to the abyss along with the letter. But that leaves me without an enemy to fight and, well, I'm stuck. It's happened to me twice in a row now.

Extra annoying as I was looking for platinum tonight. Only thing I'm missing is from Gambit and onwards on hard and Dog Tags (the 5 tags on the last chapter).

Anyone else had this problem?

EDIT: I started the fight a third time, and now the stupid f****r is jumping up and down, with me being unable to hit him. If the game glitches epicly on me now, I think I'm gonna crap myself...

EDIT 2: Another restart, another fail at the second time he tries to push me off the edge. This isn't fun...

Edited by King of Universe

The same thing was happening to me on regular difficulty. The only thing I did to stop it was after mashing X to get back up, I didn't try to hit him or anything. I just let him do his thing for a couple of seconds. He usually backs up. Dunno if this will solve it, but it sounds similar to my game.

Yeah, this game is full of glitches actually, which sucks because it would otherwise be pretty good. I have encountered that Gambit glitch before, and the one after I exit the elevator and he proceeds to tell me "Bridge to Nowhere"(or at least that's what I hear), but instead of running away like he should, he just stands there like and idiot. And I can beat on him and all that, but he still wouldn't move...so I end up having to restart from the last checkpoint. It becomes pretty frustrating.

Also the game itself has frozen on me several times, causing me to have to restart my ps3. This happen to anyone else?

My glitces that i have encountered are freezing (Wolverine just walks to right circle and dont let me move camera),

pieces of enemies/enemies on air (when i have beaten them) and one walking in the air and not fighting,

getting to non-playable area (This happened where Nord shoots you and you must climb to tower and swing down, well i didnt kill all soldiers so they shooted me from the cable and i fell to forest and couldnt come back to normal roads),

Enemy getting to non-playable area (i threw a shielded soldier off the edge in that snowy village and he didnt die, just talked to himself and standed there, couldnt lunge)

and finally that gambit thing (only once)

But it doesnt matter my game experience was still great :)

• 4 years later...

well i was facing the same problem but now FINALLY..!!! i have done it when wolverine hits gambit with his knee at that time u need to direct the character to the left and when you will see that your are standing on the bar and the letter will start falling as soon as you find it level of the letter has come down jump on it and then jump on to gambit... i did and it worked for me try it will work..

• 6 months later...
I had a glitch on this fight, near the end when he hangs way up and starts throwing cards, he wasnt throwing anything at me :p, had to restart

I had this one as well. I believe he wasn't standing on the right part of the ledge or something. I just reloaded checkpoint and it was ok. I've had numerous other glitches as well including falling out if the map and the like. All have been corrected with a restart. Thankfully no game breaking bugs yet.